Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
I would have to disagree with you BC but for other reasons than you state. I think Tiger is under constant pressure, pressure from everyone watching and waiting to see if his game returns to the level it was pre-November implosion. He knows the eyes of the golfing world on him every time he tees it up and are ready to pounce on his shortcomings or praise his return to elite golfer. So for those reasons I'd have to say his 62 was that much more impressive, whereas he still probably had more pressure on him than Rory.
You have a valid point, but the eyes of the golfing world have always been on Tiger and he has handled that pressure very well. The scandal may have added perhaps a different kind of pressure if he was in any way concerned that much of the golfing world looked at him differently after the stories of his other life were made public. I think, however, that he is past that.

Swings changes of any kind, even minor ones, take time and a lot more time that most realize. One to two years and in some cases longer, may seem long, but is reasonable when an attempt to change procedural memory is undertaken. IMO, Tiger is roughly two thirds of the way through this process and will play consistently better as time goes on, when the changes become subconscious and as improved play, like we have seen so far this year, raises his confidence level.

I am a fan of his swing and his game, I enjoy TV golf better when he makes the outcome, as we saw on the weekend, interesting. Now, just imagine how popular he would be if he had Rory's attitude.