if you are a serious buyer you can call foresight and they will send you their screen install instructions. very handy.

seriously looking at both foresight screen and hq. i tested gc2 using their screen and the sim image looked fine. didn't see hd movies on it. hitting golf balls into fairways and greens is not the same as watching high end action movies also. company does say they haven't done much testing with hd movies since their application is the sim and a lot of commercial settings. i think it is probably durable since they use it a lot in commercial settings - converting dicks, golfmsith, and golfwarehosues over to gc2 fitting / sim system. js1010 has a sample fabric and it looks up close like a mesh material that has some small air holes. company says its durable and the mesh is what makes it quite. from 6 feet away i didn't even know the screen was mesh and learned afterwards after seeing the upclose image. price is $750 for 8x14 or 10ft high screen less for smaller widths. Comes with extra side flaps in black that velcro to the screen and wall to cover the gromments / connections. they also provide parts list to bring to hardware store to get the intstall parts like angle iron, bungies, etc for a few dollars.

hq haven't seen in person. plan to talk with corey today and make a decision. heard the hq screen is weaved material for the softer sound but is more solid material than the mesh. emailed cory yesterday and he said he hasn't done enough testing in comparing each one to offer a professional opinion yet he said. price is $1120 ($80 linear foot) for 8x14 up to 10ft high i think. both products are finished for same comparison. you can buy the raw hq material for $40/ft but then need to buy the grommets and hire a seamstress to sew and finish. not sure if the hq at this price comes with the black side flaps to cover the top and side grommets / ties / and or bungies.

on the surface i think all impact screens are not going to show HD quality well. i wanted one to do both well but thats not reasonable. too different purposes. they have low reflective gain to save money and make the impact quiter and make it more durable for golf shots. i posted a link above where i found da-lite high quality cinema screen material that you can order raw by the foot.

one approach could be is to go with foresight first. test it and see how it compares to my 1080i picture quality which i don't think its fair to think it will be close now after everything i read (good and functional but probably not the same quality). but i have been wrong many times before. then if the HD quality is not there take the $400 differrence in screen price and order the da-lite high quality high gain HD raw material and find a way to attach to my frame easily to watch movies then rollup when not. then you have best of both worlds. maybe i get lucky in the first screen is good enough. just haven't see it.

another point to consider. since i am only going with 720P projector versus 1080P not sure how that resolution will look on a large screen watching movies. i would think its possible you can get a screen door effect (larger visible pixels) the bigger you go but the reseller i am working with "thinks"t his should not happen. i like the epson 3010 1080P 3d but given my throw distance i can't get a large image.

i will keep you posted on what i do. let me know vice versa. good luck,

regards,