Recently purchased the E6 for the ProTee and I am overall thrilled with it. I would certainly give it a nudge over the ProteePlay (as we all know this is essentially Custom Play/ Red Chain/ GSA etc) but by no means would I say it is amazingly better. The graphics for the E6 is defenitely nicer in my mind. They both are different and I would say complement one another. They do have some similair courses but the majority are different courses. Here is the breakdown:

1) Courses - Both E6 and ProteePlay have a good variety of courses. Custom has some fantasy courses whereas E6 from what I see are all real course. They have plent of differentt courses which is nice to play new courses.

2) Graphics - I would certainly give the edge to E6. The course detail seems a bit better but not by a mile. The trees are slightly better but what I found to be really better is the terrain and slope of the fairways etc. As well the depiction of the water ripples etc is better. It really is more notacible on E6.

PeableGSA.jpg

PebbleE6.jpg

I suppose the graphics will be in the eye of the beholder (my wife is the prettiest girl in the world) but I think the terrain certainly stands out.

3) Ball flight- For sure I would say the edge goes to ProteePlay. The ability to tweek the ball flight ever so slightly is needed for E6. The E6 does have a smooth ball flight with a good video card but is more forgiven than the ProTee. ProTee will be adding the ability to tweek the ball flight in their interface at some point. The actual camera views have more options in ProTee for sure as well. Though that sounds great, for practicality sakes I never changed the cam views and basically just used the ball cam view. For those that like more views, then the Protee is better. In E6 you have three camera views - Classic, ball cam and TV cam. I like the ball cam option as you see the ball flighing from a standstill and then it shows it in flight and landing. The option to replay shots is the same for both. The one nice thing about the E6 is that you can change the size ofthe ball. this is a really nice feature as when you select large ball size, it really accentuate's the ball in flight. You would have to play it to see what I mean.

4) Practice - Both have great practice areas. ProTee has a few ranges which are similair. E6 has a practice range, chipping and putting area as well as a scoring zone. The practice area is very nice in E6 and I would have to give it the edge over ProTee. The scoring zone is nice as you can set your target and play to that area just like the Big Break. The stats are kept as well showing longest, shortest, average and current shots. On course practice is better in the ProteePlay than E6. In ProTeePlay you can drop the ball anywhere and practice that shot dstance. In E6 while playing the course, you can select on any "In round practice", and play that shot. I don't think you can drop the ball anywhere though, or at least I haven't figured that out yet. However you can select the hole you want to play on the course.

PracticeE6.jpgDriving RangeE6.jpg

5) Info Screenshot - I really like the layout of the E6 club/ball info display. It is easy to see the club and ball stats. I would certainly give it a plus/plus compared to ProteePlay. Perhaps the GSA graphic display is better but I really like what E6 has done.

ScreenshotE6.jpg

6) Game features - No real difference here,. The game features such as wind, rain, time of day etc are the same. As well there is closest to hole, long drive etc. You can load and save games etc.

So overall, would I recommend E6 -----> YES

The reason I like it is that it complements the CustomPlay engine. There are different courses such as Chateau Whistler, Banff Springs, Torrey Pines, Pinehurst #2, Troon North etc. compared to Protee Play. It gets a definite nod in terms of the graphics especially the terrain. The practice area is nice as well. I wouldn't say that it blows the CustomPlay out of the water but I like it better overall (now again beauty is in the eye of the beholder). It will be nice once they add a slight bit more spintweeking. The price is not cheap, but if you are looking to add a new look, add some more courses, get better graphics and can afford it, then I would say go for it as you won't be disappointed. I like the ProteePlay and by no means am I putting down the Customplay engine and will continue to play both.