Ok, some background. I shoot usually in the low 100's, broke 100 for the first time last summer, and this summer hope to have my average in the high 90's. Realistic goal I think.

Anyway, I've been using the same set of Wilson clubs I bought as a starter kit like 10 years ago. They're ok, but not very awesome.

I'm looking at getting a new set of irons, combo set. I went to Golf Town one day to look around, and the very nice sales guy told me for my level, the budget I had was good, $5-600 and that any more than that on clubs wouldn't be worth it.

On the rack they had a ton of Nike stuff, but for some reason I just don't like the shape and look of them, and almost found it distracting.

Some that i saw that may be interesting were the Cobra S3 Max combo set, the Taylormade Burner Plus set, or the Adams Idea a70S set.

Anyone have any of these sets, with comments good or bad?

The Calloway X22s are also in that price range too...... should I consider them?

Basically I would like something forgiving, that will let me hit the ball further then my basic ole Wilsons, but I'm not expecting any more then another 5 -10 yards. But I think even that would help me lower my scores by a few strokes a round!