Hi Guys,
Please help me out here because I'm in desperate need of saving. 4 weeks ago this upcoming Saturday, I played my best round of golf ever. 10 of 14 fairways hit, 29 putts for an unimaginable (for me) round of 75 at the Gatineau. I still call this a fluke round and I couldn't believe how everything I hit went exactly where I wanted. 1 week later, I play a round of 86 with only 1 fairway hit, and 35 putts at the Champlain. 1 week later, I shoot a horrid round at the Meadows. I shot a 97 with only 2 fairways hit (with irons) and 34 putts. I had 5 penalty strokes there because of lost drives. Fast forward to yesterday where I played the Vieux Moulins. I play my worst round there for 93 with only 3 fairways hit (1 with iron and 2 with my hybrid. My putting was off at 39 but my scrambling is what's been saving me lately.

Anyways, here's the story and the question. I'm a really big guy (400 pounds) and I used to be able to really lean into the ball. I wasn't a monster hitter but 270 was my average. My drive consisted of a fade not a slice. In the last 2 years I've seen it go from dead straight to full out slice where I'm playing from 1-2 fairways over. Now I've totally lost my trust in this driver. My irons play straight with a very subtle fade to them and I hit them well. I've gone to the range over 20 times this year to try and correct this. Everytime I go, I end up being able to hit them straight by the end of my bucket. Everytime however, I end up finding something new. Open face, no release, stance is wrong. But last time I went I really think I found what my problem was. I have a severe out-to-in swing. I think this may be due to my size and my lack of movement (the gut is in the way you know). My question is, other than the fact that I need to lose weight, what kind of tips or techniques are out there to cure an out-to-in swing? I'm really getting discouraged with this game the way I'm playing. I'm at the point now that I don't even swear or talk, I just hit/miss and bite my lip and hit my second shot from the other fairway of from the trees. Also, because I'm trying to straighten everything out, I'm trying to slow my swing speed and that's causing me to a lot of distance. I usually end up being 200-225 from the tee-box that's 50-70 yards shorter than normally.

Do I need to take lessons? I'd like to just get this out-to-in thing fixed to see if that's the problem. If it isn't that, I'll be booking a couple of lessons with someone.

Thanks for your help guys!

Derek