I'm thinking of getting satellite radio for my car. I like the idea of radio without commercials and without hearing the same songs over and over again - and I don't mind paying $15/month for the privilege. But I have a few questions...

1) What do I need to know about installation? Not that I would install it myself, but I have two years left on my lease, so installation in my current vehicle is rather temporary - are there any issues I should be aware of?

2) Does satellite radio include local radio stations, and/or are satellite radio and conventional radio mutually exclusive? I would hate to lose the Sens games on the radio, as I'm on the road a lot in the wintertime.

3) Is there really a lot of variety in the playlist for each station? I have eclectic tastes and I've never really been a Top 40 guy - I like radio stations that throw a lot of different stuff at you. I don't want to choose between a station that plays Led Zeppelin 3 times a day EVERY FRICKIN' DAY and a station that plays Three Days Grace 3 times a day EVERY FRICKIN' DAY - even though I like them!

4) From what I can see, Sirius and XM have virtually all the same stations. Is the only real difference between the two related to pricing and hardware? Any pros and cons between the two?

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm really hoping that with satellite radio I can at least capture some of the breadth and variety of my album collection...