I know this is a long shot, but it is worth a try. I'm looking for work with the federal government right now, and getting very frustrated. I am a recent university graduate with a stellar academic record, but because I have no professional experience, I have virtually no hope of finding work through the Public Service website. Essentially, my lack of experience is getting me screened out of jobs with even the most trivial of qualifications, because it is all done electronically. If you can't tick all the boxes, you might as well not bother trying. I'm not about to lie in hopes of fooling someone, so I can't see my fortunes changing anytime soon.

As far as I can tell, my best hope at this point is to hope for some casual work and get some experience that I can then use to apply for more permanent work. I'm hoping someone on here might have some connections to someone who is hiring, can put in a good word somewhere, or can even just give me a bit of advice about getting my foot in the door. I know that if I can do that I will do a great job in whatever position I am put in, but I need help to get that opportunity. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated, and I would be more than happy to provide more information about myself.

Thanks very much,

Jon