Too all those who are arguing with me about Jagr vs. Gretzky (or insert other notable).

My point isn't stats, "perceived leadership ability", historical triumphs, HHOF eligibility, or anything like that. My point is that Jagr is the best hockey player of all time. This means he has more skill than anyone before or since his entry into the NHL.

Ask a skills coach, not a head coach. Try to view it in terms of Jagr's physical package, his speed, his ability to singlehandedly walk through entire teams, his ability to perform regardless of what crappy situation he finds himself in (PIT, WAS, NYR are hardly comparable to EDM of the early 80s).

I should know better than to argue this point with Canadians, since invariably they defend their own. That's fine, you're entitled to your opinion as well, no matter how wrong you might be (as some really clever person posted for me above :shake ).

For the record, second on my list is again not one of the traditional picks for best player. I'd go as far as to say Steve Yzerman is the best person in pro sports ever. Only the second best hockey player though...

Dan