CorporateGolfXtra 2024

Threaded View

Andru
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    That's flawed logic. We lost because of a goaltender, one on both ends. If you took off the blue coloured glasses, you would realize how flawed the Leafs are. That showed up when Belfour was out and the Leafs had the choice of losing with Kidd or losing with Talqvuist (sp?)
    The golatender is player on the ice. and has an impact. Are best player was a goalie. Yours was a defenceman. Take those two away and who knows what happens. You can guess all you want but you really don't know.

Huh? The Sens had the number one power play percentage-wise and in goals scored for the regular season, and were the number one scoring team in the NHL. How is that a defensive-style team?
    You think Martin's teams are known as an offensive style team? Think again. Scoring goals on the cycle is not great hockey either. That's how Ottawa scores. Turns overs in the neutral zone and transition. That's how the trap works

I am foremost a fan of hockey and the style the Leafs play is terrible.
    I think you're trying to diminish this win with some trivial stuff about the "Style of Hockey" The leafs play. Please. I noticed no one complained about the senators style when they didn't have the talent they do now.

Belfour is part of the Maple Leafs. It's a team game. Like I said they didn't win 3 shutouts that's 3 shutouts 0 - 0. It was also the leafs that kept the sens on the perimeter shooting down wide open lanes. That makes a goalie of Belfours calibre much better. The leafs played OK not great. That makes most leaf fans optimistic.

My choice for cheering for the Flyers is that hopefully the Leafs management will realize that Quinn's antiquated style, which is much different from Ferguson's choice of style, will not get them anywhere where it counts, that is, to win a Cup.
    We'll see. If they dont' win it this year. They'll try again whenever hockey starts again. That's the beautiful thing about hockey there's always next year.
    Last edited by Andru; 04-21-2004 at 06:55 PM.

Thread Information