I am back playing golf after 5 years of not playing. I have been playing off and on for 40+ years. I am at best a bogey golfer, although I do have moments. I purchased a Cobra driver and a 3 and 5 TaylorMade dual rescue hybrids this year. I have also taken several lessons and my game is coming back to the mid 80's. I have a set of Premier Palmer clubs about 7 or 8 years old. The Pro who is giving me lessons says that my irons are a bit short and not a perfect fit for my swing. I was thinking of getting rid of them and purchasing Henry Griffits "fitted" irons. perhaps a 5, 7, 9 and Wedge to start. The rational being, it is better to have a few good irons that fit and work than a bag full of irons that don't.
Is it worth while to get fitted irons? are Henry Griffits worth the money about $110 per iron or am I just wasting my money and should I just work on my swing and adjust to what I have.

At the end of the day, I just want to play well enough to be able to travel around Canada and the US (yes it nice to be retired) and be play some decent courses and enjoy myself.

Thanks Fez