Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and had a couple of quick questions. My wife and I and another couple are planning to go to Scottsdale in mid-October of this year. I do realize that this is when alot of courses are overseeding for the winter but some will have done their overseeding early in September so they will be in great shape. I have been shopping around for packages but the question that I have is. Is it better to book a package with golf (2 golfers) or should I try to book a condo or house (through VRBO.com, great site for travelling) and then try to book my own tee times? I have researched the Scottsdale area and know that we want to stay somewhere near shopping, bars and resturants (the wives do not want to sit around while we golf). Also, are there any courses that are not too miss courses, we want to play Troon, and 2 other courses. My home course is Sawmill Creek in Sarnia, which is a links style course, so I would like to avoid playing a similar style course. Any hints or tips would be greatly appreciated. hen we do go I will be sure to let all of you know how it was, where we stayed, etc.

thanks,

Steve