I didn't want to 'jack Geoff's thread so I will do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by BC MIST View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Powerdraw View Post
i dont like his right wrist cock drill personnaly, i dont think it is necessary to use that, that is the right elbows job not an intentionnal one, although alot of his stuff seems good...my 2cents.

have an awesome night.
Agree with you. If you check the position at the top of most good players, the left wrist is flat(square) while the right wrist is bent backwards. Flexing the wrists side to side versus up and down will make it easier to get into this position. Flexing the wrists up and down will NOT achieve the flat left wrist and this flat left wrist position, if maintained, is the ideal impact position. If the cupped left wrist position is maintained to impact, the bottom of the swing arc will be back of the ball, not in front of it.

The differences are subtle, but significant.

BC Mist, you critique this drill but you seem to say the exact same thing as Greg does.
http://members.cox.net/gregjwillis/LESSON1.htm

Greg's main points:
- strongly advocates a bent back right wrist - same as you (correct?)
- strongly against "flipping" which you call a cupped left wrist, and realizes that this is a HUGE power drain on the swing - same as you (correct?)

When you watch the video you will realize that he is implicitly advocating a flat left wrist. This can be seen everytime he gets to the impact position in the video. In other discussions with him on the GTO forum, he has said either FLW or slightly bowed ((probably acedemic because I am sure you can find a pro with bowed left wrist (why does Hogan come to mind?)) but never cupped.

The bolded section of your statement seems to imply that a "half flip" of the wrists is the proper method of wrist cock (wrists release to the point of FLW). Is this what you are saying?

Charles