If you've ever been to the 19th tee past 9pm you would have noticed that they have these huge lights on the driving range that help you see your ball when its dark outside. I was playing a course in toronto and my cousin said "why don't they just put lights down the fairway so you can finnish your twilight round" then I said, "why not just keep it open 24 hours." Here are the crazy ideas he had, I'll post mine after his.

1) putt lamp posts all along the fairway
2) have the lights in the ground in the fairway, lining the fairways and pointing straight up

problem with these ideas

1) if you put posts along the fairway people will hit them with their tee shots, it would be like lining every single fairway with trees!

2) Light travels in a straight line.. if you pointed it straight up into the air you would have a completely dark golf course except for a few beems of light shooting straight up

My one and only idea

Just make a couse that has lots of trees, then where ever you have trees you putt a lamp post with lights on it from the bottom to the top... all angled away from the tee box so you are always infront of a lamp post that is pointing at you. This way it cant effect your shot by blinding you because there is no light pointing at you. You wouls also have to design the couse in such a way that if you are going north on hole 1 and south on hole to that you aren't blinded by the lights on hole 1 which isn't a problem because just put big tall trees in the fairway that divides the two holes.

the 3rd person we were playing with said... why don't you just get 200-300 weather balloons and put a very very strong light on them and have them point down at the golf course.

Two questions for you, is there such thing as a 24 hour golf course? also, what is the stupidest thing you have actually discussed and seriosuly contemplated on a golf course? Dbleber, hope you enjoy the thread haha