This thread somewhat amazes me. As I understand it, the rules of entry for the tournament essentially accept a handicap if verfied by a club pro, is that correct? As I understand it, Mr Farazin had an index signed off at 7.2 by one of the pros at Greyhawk.

He went on to shoot 77 in the first round of the tournament.....I don't know what sort of a rating the orgaizers may have applied to the course for the day, but if past tournaments are any indication, I suspect the gold tees were played.

Assuming, then, a course rating of 72.3 and slope rating of 124, this gives him a differential of 4.28.

To those of you who are accusing the man of "reverse sandbag" cheating, do you know what the odds are of an 7.2 index beating his handicap factor by 3 srokes in a tournament round? Try 50 to 1. See this link

http://www.popeofslope.com/sandbagging/odds.html

For those of you who do not know, Mr. Knuth developed the modern method of handicapping for the USGA.

If you have a problem with the Citizen entry procedures, perhaps you should take it up with the committee, but I hardly think it's fair to call Mr. Farazin a cheat for reporting an index too low in order to gain entry to the tournament. Sad that all this appears to have ruined the experience for him.