+ Reply to Thread
    Moderator bubba22 is on a distinguished road bubba22's Avatar

Bullseye hitting strip

https://www.bullseyegolfsims.com/can/product/bhs/

This is a quick review of the Bullseye hitting strip. I have tested numerous hitting strips including Fiberbuilt, real Divot action as well as DIY divot action, Country club elite etc. I like rotating hitting strips weekly for different feel and to minimize wear. The Bullseye mat is excellent. The thickness is about 1 1/2 inches and is available in different cut out sizes. My size is 12 X 24.

The mat is high quality for sure. Although the feel is like taking a divot it will mimic a fat shot if you’re too steep. It is excellent on the joints (wrist, elbow) for all fat shots. The mat will take a real tee and is also great for putting. I will keep you all posted if it wears over time but my guesse is not as it feels very durable.

1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road
    Thank you ...it looks just like the CCE?

No it has a completely different feel than the CCE. It is way more forgiving and easier on the joints. I have a CCE insert and find it very firm. I tend to rotate inserts every month or so just to get a different feel. Like real golf you never get the exact same conditions. My CCE is firm compared to this mat or any digit action inserts.

Here are some pics of the Bullseye insert.

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    Here is a copy from a post I made on sim Golf Forum:

So I have had the Bullseye hitting strip in play for about a week now (that was about 3 weeks ago) and I must say I am very impressed. Based on reviews I decided to give it a try as a drop in replacement for my Fiberbuilt Grass series combo mat. I ordered the 12" x 46.5" option for $189 Cdn (about $140 USD). To my pleasant surprise, Rick emailed me within an hour to confirm the order and I had a FEDEX tracking number by the end of the day. As it turns out, this shipped from near Cornwall, ON and was at my door inside of 48 hours. Here are my initial thoughts:
    • I really like the ability to set the iron behind the ball without having it fall into the grass fibers on my Grass series mat.
    • Mat takes a real tee. I was never a fan of the Fiberbuilt tee system and could never get the FB tee low enough for a 3 wood tee shot, so this is a positive IMO.
    • Mat fits exactly into the space for the Fiberbuilt grass section in my combo mat. It is actually about 1/2-1/3rd of an inch shorter as well so it is actually a better fit wrt level surface.
    • I also like putting off the mat. The grass series is a bit artificial putting-wise, so we used auto-putt regularly. Very smooth transition to my combo mat.
    • Color of the mat is not ideal, but I got over that pretty quickly.
    • I find the mat as forgiving as the Grass series, with a little better feedback for heavy shots. Time will tell but no stress of pain after a week of pretty heavy use.
    Overall, very pleased with the mat and it has replaced my grass series insert for at least the time being.

Bullseye Hitting Strip_3.jpgIMG_4385.jpgIMG_4389.jpg

1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road
    thank you ...i am going to have to try it

Thread Information