Any reviews on tecumseh gc ?
    Has anyone gone a played the course ?
    Thanks in advance

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donquijote View Post
    Thanks in advance
    I played it (for the first time) Saturday. Enjoyed the layout, the greens were good and smooth for this time of year. There was one par 3 that had a stip cut out of it the entire length of the green, but fortunately for us we were all on the hole side, and it didn't impact us. They weren't allowing carts but it was dry. $40 to walk on a beautiful Saturday afternoon seemed fair to me.
    Andrew

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I played it (for the first time) Saturday. Enjoyed the layout, the greens were good and smooth for this time of year. There was one par 3 that had a stip cut out of it the entire length of the green, but fortunately for us we were all on the hole side, and it didn't impact us. They weren't allowing carts but it was dry. $40 to walk on a beautiful Saturday afternoon seemed fair to me.
    Thanks for the reply back
    We have a a tee time at 1 this Friday and wasn’t sure about the conditions in the course
    Were the fairways ok ?

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply back
    We have a a tee time at 1 this Friday and wasn’t sure about the conditions in the course
    Were the fairways ok ?
    I went there with lower expectations and was pleasantly surprised. Fairways were dry almost everywhere. It had just opened, there was evidence everywhere of fallen tree debris and cleanup. We were playing preferred lies everywhere, but to me it looked like it came through the winter very well. The piles of straw were still next to most greens, which was no big deal either.
    Andrew

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thanks in advance
    Playing it tomorow am. Let you know if i remember LOL what condition its in after all this rain.

Thanks for the update Sak
    Have a good round today Marcos

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Meadows is opening Apr 26th
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

7 Iron Bammer is on a distinguished road
    Champlain the 'peoples course'. Expect 5.5 hr round. Hot dog guy slows whole course down but who cares when you're paying under $40.

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    Not sure when the official opening date is (was?) but have a tee time at Emerald Links tomorrow pm.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Thanks for the update Sak
    Have a good round today Marcos
    Thanks buddy. The course was dry, big surprise after all the rain we got. Greens where okey, aeration holes from last year but rolled okey. Carts where out, good pace of play 4hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Thanks buddy. The course was dry, big surprise after all the rain we got. Greens where okey, aeration holes from last year but rolled okey. Carts where out, good pace of play 4hrs.
    Perfect
    Thanks for the info
    Have a tee time at 12 57 tomorrow with some rain expected
    Cheers
    Carlos

Lob Wedge Le sorcier is on a distinguished road
    Course Opening 2023 /Ouverture du parcours 2023

Nous sommes heureux de vous annoncer que L’OUVERTURE officielle du parcours pour la saison 2023 se fera jeudi prochain, 27 avril 2023. Nous vous demandons de faire vos RÉSERVATIONS en ligne via ChronoGolf dès maintenant. Notre personnel de la boutique de golf sera en fonction à compter de lundi, 24 avril, et ce, de 9h00 à 15h00, pour prendre les APPELS. Il nous fera également plaisir de répondre à vos QUESTIONS si tel est le cas. Nous vous SOUHAITONS une excellente saison 2023 remplie de trous d’un coup, de bonnes bières froides et… De quelques coups de soleil.
    On se voit BIENTÔT sur le terrain!

We are pleased to announce that the official OPENING of the course for the 2023 season will take place on Thursday, April 27th. We ask that you make your RESERVATIONS online via ChronoGolf now. Our ProShop employees will be on duty Monday, April 24th, from 9AM to 3PM, to take your CALLS. We will also be happy to answer your QUESTION, if you have any.

We WISH you a great 2023 season filled with holes-in-one, cold beers and... A few sunburns. SEE YOU on the course!

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I can assure you he played the 9th
    Played a full 18 at champlain today, I thought the 9th was the 8th, I apologize you're right it was 9. Left at tenth tee that day (why did I even bother argue VS the ex Marshall lol). Pace of play was really good today, 4.5 hours for 18,slight traffic first couple holes. Paced out after the 3rd.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    It’ll get better when other courses open up.Cheers
    Last edited by Chieflongtee; 04-23-2023 at 07:28 AM.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Dragonfly and Casselview on the weekend. Here is a quick report on conditions for both courses:

Dragonfly-some fairways are wet in the lower lying areas. Course has done a great job in roping off these areas to carts. Greens are in good shape with no dead areas. a bit slow as to be expected but overall very playable.

Casselview- course is in great shape. very dry overall, no standing water anywhere with a few low lying areas being soft (around the sides of 9 and 18 being the softest.) Greens are in perfect shape and quick. Very small aeration holes visible from last year but did not affect putting at all.

Buckingham greens where in excellent condition. Fairways dry for the most part. It can only get better

5 Wood gdwlkspld is on a distinguished road
    Renfrew opened yesterday with EXCELLENT conditions.

Meadows in pretty good shape for April. Greens are great, and rolling nicely. A couple of fairways on the East had some winter kill but nothing major and should recover nicely. Was mostly dry but lots of rain the next few days it could be soggy in spots. All in all quite good for this time of year.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Meadows in pretty good shape for April. Greens are great, and rolling nicely. A couple of fairways on the East had some winter kill but nothing major and should recover nicely. Was mostly dry but lots of rain the next few days it could be soggy in spots. All in all quite good for this time of year.
    I agree with Jeff, Meadows was in good shape, greens were good. Hopefully they will add sand to the sand traps at one point this spring/summer.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Perth Golf - EXCELLENT condition

Outstanding golf conditions. No plinko - Greens were rolling like mid summer. Fairways were cut to perfection and had little to no water from spring melt.

PERTH GOLF Management says it one of the best springs ever.

Very much worth the drive.

Last edited by MikeRaganold; 04-30-2023 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaganold View Post
    Outstanding golf conditions. No plinko - Greens were rolling like mid summer. Fairways were cut to perfection and had little to no water from spring melt.

Management says it one of the best springs ever.

Which course?

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Last edited by MikeRaganold; 04-30-2023 at 11:07 AM.

8 Iron Nomoe is on a distinguished road Nomoe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaganold View Post

Pretty Sad that one of the best springs ever will be the last given the upcoming demo and redo.Fun course...back nine better of the 2 imo and great stay and play package at the Best Western up the street.That 9th hole is a b*d lol
    Ping never misses...

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Played Metcalfe 9-hole course on Friday, Saturday and today. Course is very green and was dry on Friday and Saturday - a few puddles in the usual spots on 1, 3 and 4 today. Greens were all very good - a little winter kill in one spot on 5. They took down the tree guarding the right-side of the green on 7 (finally), so you can actually hit a shot close to the flag now when they put it over there.

I heard from other members that the 18-hole course was in similar condition.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Played Pakenham today and have to report the course was very wet, even before todays rain. Lots of standing water in the fairways. Greens were good. Small aeration holes visible from last season, but did not affect putting. Greens were rolling well considering all the water on the course. They charged full price of $55. +tax. No spring rate. A bit too much considering the wetness of the fairways.

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Walked 9 at vieux moulins before the rain hit yesterday, conditions was considerably good compared to if you been there in the last while(minus last year) greens rolled decently well. Not sure how to post a photo lol.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Played at Anderson E/W Friday and Yesterday. Course was in OK condition for this time of year. It was very wet yesterday understandably. Bunkers were poor. Pace of Play was fair (in fact yesterday it was very quiet). However at $54 a pop walking it is tough to swallow

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Looking around at some of prices that public courses charge for 18 holes the idea of belonging to a private club and playing unlimited golf is really the best choice provided you are playing 75+ games a year. For those losers like me who play 100+ games at a home course it’s a no brainer. To be honest, work friends mentioned the cost that they pay at C level public courses and I was floored. I think golf is in for a big shakeup in the years ahead.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Looking around at some of prices that public courses charge for 18 holes the idea of belonging to a private club and playing unlimited golf is really the best choice provided you are playing 75+ games a year. For those losers like me who play 100+ games at a home course it’s a no brainer. To be honest, work friends mentioned the cost that they pay at C level public courses and I was floored. I think golf is in for a big shakeup in the years ahead.
    I agree. I play about 50 games a year as a member at my course (and my daughter and son-in-law play less than I do), and it is still a no-brainer.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Depending on the course...even 40+ rounds is well worth it.

I played 70 round at my home course which is less than $45 a round. When you factor in the practice time on the range, club storage, etc.....well worth it.

Thread Information