CorporateGolfXtra 2024
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    19th tee opens today
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    and chief, the website you tried to link to is banned from this site for whatever reason.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    and chief, the website you tried to link to is banned from this site for whatever reason.
    It's flagstick. I suspect the previous owner saw them as a competitor. Anyway they have a course openings calendar.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Feel free to edit OG's calendar:

http://forum.ottawagolf.com/calendar...alendarid=3&s=

All you have to do is click on add new event( top right hand corner)

You're welcome Mike
    Mahatma Gandhi

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Thank you Chief

The BAN has been lifted on the word "flagstickgolf.com" so this should now allow a direct link to that site.

I hope it does not prevent this thread from being updated.

It has been very useful when members are providing feedback not only on course opens, but course conditions and other experiences you would not get from a calendar.

https://flagstick.com/course_opening...n-quebec-2023/
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 04-12-2023 at 10:20 AM.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Tecumseh say they are opening Friday 14th April. No power carts and they have clean up crews on the course due to the ice storm. I suspect it will be very wet also.

Pitching Wedge jermart is on a distinguished road
    Booked for Friday morning at Lombard Glen. No idea of the condition, but really looking forward to golfing again.

SPRING OPENINGS CALENDAR - click link in menu above.
    If you know the date your club or a course is opening, POST IT in the calendar to let every one know.
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 04-12-2023 at 08:00 PM.

Hi Mike,
    The link spring opening can’t be seen in mobile mode. It shows up
    In desktop mode only. Cheers
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thank you Chief. I will look into this.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Booked for Smugglers Saturday. I will post a review.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Prescott was in good condition and dry !!! Greens where nice for opening season.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Booked for Smugglers Saturday. I will post a review.
    Very interested in this review as their spring pricing is still pretty steep.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Very interested in this review as their spring pricing is still pretty steep.
    April 15th - It was my first time playing at Smugglers Glen and the early season conditions were amazing. Fairways were cut and greens were in great condition (just a bit slow though). The bunkers were immaculate. I can't imagine how good this course would be mid-season. The green fee is $55, and I thought it was great value, compared to other courses also open this time of year. We teed off at 10:40 and we played in about 4:15, keeping pace, even though we walked.

If I ever go back, I would get a cart. The course really is very difficult and tiring to walk.
    Last edited by em69; 04-16-2023 at 06:30 AM.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Impressive you walked, that’s a good hike and definitely take a cart next time. Good to hear about the conditions as it’s usually a bit wet early on in the season there.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    April 15th - It was my first time playing at Smugglers Glen and the early season conditions were amazing. Fairways were cut and greens were in great conditions (just a bit slow though). The bunkers were immacuklate. I can't imagine this course mid-season. The green fee is $55, and I thought it was great value, compared to other courses also open this time of year. We teed off at 10:40 and we played in about 4:15, keeping pace, even though we walked.

If I ever go back, I would get a cart. The course really is very difficult and tiring to walk.
    Great review! Thanks. I haven’t been there in years and would like to check it out again!

April 15th - It was my first time playing at Smugglers Glen and the early season conditions were amazing. Fairways were cut and greens were in great condition (just a bit slow though). The bunkers were immaculate. I can't imagine how good this course would be mid-season. The green fee is $55, and I thought it was great value, compared to other courses also open this time of year. We teed off at 10:40 and we played in about 4:15, keeping pace, even though we walked.

Excellent review. Yes its a good walk. We have walked it a few times in the past. Time to get back there.

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Played at champlain yesterday tee time for 3:02. Conditions were decent, couple wet patches here n there to be expected though. Greens were dumb slow. And pace of play... Let's say I tapped out at hole 9 at 7pm. Lol but it was a beautiful day to get out there so regardless of the no marshal pace of play out there I was happy to be out there. And there was some carts and all push carts were rented out. Not sure how they allocated the carts tho, there was a bunch locked up. Oh yes green fees were $36 taxes in, no cart.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyaku View Post
    Played at champlain yesterday tee time for 3:02. Conditions were decent, couple wet patches here n there to be expected though. Greens were dumb slow. And pace of play... Let's say I tapped out at hole 9 at 7pm. Lol but it was a beautiful day to get out there so regardless of the no marshal pace of play out there I was happy to be out there. And there was some carts and all push carts were rented out. Not sure how they allocated the carts tho, there was a bunch locked up. Oh yes green fees were $36 taxes in, no cart.
    The only golf carts allowed on the golf course yesterday were for the canteen operators. Nice try Dan BTW after 3 it was $32 taxes in.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    The only golf carts allowed on the golf course yesterday were for the canteen operators. Nice try Dan BTW after 3 it was $32 taxes in.
    Crap you're right it's $32 taxes in, yeah that makes more sense with the cart situation. When I asked the guy at front desk he said there's no carts or push carts left. I just assumed they were giving out carts else why would he tell me there's none left, its how I got confused.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Sorry, 4 hours for 9 holes? How is that even possible? 4 hours for 18 holes can feel slow. I couldn’t imagine that pace of play

Putter PaceOfPlay is on a distinguished road
    Played Black Bear Ridge yesterday, conditions were excellent. Greens were punched recently, definitely slower than normal and made the short putts tougher than usual.

They are charging full price though, which worked out to be $145 after tax for 18 holes with a cart and range. Expensive but we had a great day. New ownership has definitely elevated the experience (new F&B options, awesome pro shop, brand new carts) - which has definitely come with the increased cost. To be expected when private equity is involved

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Sorry, 4 hours for 9 holes? How is that even possible? 4 hours for 18 holes can feel slow. I couldn’t imagine that pace of play
    We were there around the same time. We quit after 15 around 7h40.
    So more likely a 5 hour and 15 minutes round. Tee sheet was packed and no carts were allowed so that was to be expected
    Mahatma Gandhi

To be accurate, I left without playing hole 9 at 6:45 cause it was quicker to cut through to 14 to get back to the clubhouse vs playing out the hole and walking an extra hole forth and back. Had enough by that time. Tee time was 3:02, we probably didnt tee off till like 3:15 ish. We constantly had two groups waiting behind us at the tee, and two groups ahead of us lol. It was my first round of the season, i got the scratch my itch, was it annoying to wait out two groups on the tee each hole before teeing off? Hell ya, but it was a beautiful day lol.

Wait... Andre?

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    To be accurate, I left without playing hole 9 at 6:45 cause it was quicker to cut through to 14 to get back to the clubhouse vs playing out the hole and walking an extra hole forth and back. Had enough by that time. Tee time was 3:02, we probably didnt tee off till like 3:15 ish. We constantly had two groups waiting behind us at the tee, and two groups ahead of us lol. It was my first round of the season, i got the scratch my itch, was it annoying to wait out two groups on the tee each hole before teeing off? Hell ya, but it was a beautiful day lol.
    3:30 to play 8 holes must be some kind of record. Good on you to find the positive in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    3:30 to play 8 holes must be some kind of record. Good on you to find the positive in it.
    I can assure you he played the 9th
    Mahatma Gandhi

I can assure you he played the 9th
    Your memory is a little off, the hot dog guy asked us at 8th green if we wanted anything, as he was closing up. We walked to the 9th tee and I left from there. I wanted to hit the tee shot tho lol. You and your son told me to cut through 6 and follow 14. Damn small world I just caught the "Dan" last night lol. Thanks again for being a great group.

Your memory is a little off, the hot dog guy asked us at 8th green if we wanted anything, as he was closing up. We walked to the 9th tee and I left from there. I wanted to hit the tee shot tho lol. You and your son told me to cut through 6 and follow 14. Damn small world I just caught the "Dan" last night lol. Thanks again for being a great group.
    Thought you payed the 9 as you went down to the 9th green. If memory serves right you hugged the right side all along. Then you asked us the best way to get to the clubhouse after finishing the 9th

Anyway no big deal. Great fun.

BTW. Don't tell anyone about my tee shot at the 4th and I won't tell anyone about yours on the 3rd
    Mahatma Gandhi

Thought you payed the 9 as you went down to the 9th green. If memory serves right you hugged the right side all along. Then you asked us the best way to get to the clubhouse after finishing the 9th

Anyway no big deal. Great fun.

BTW. Don't tell anyone about my tee shot at the 4th and I won't tell anyone about yours on the 3rd
    Lips are sealed haha! Let's play another round sometime, regardless the pace of play, had an enjoyable time with you and your son.

Thread Information