CorporateGolfXtra 2023
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Colin Orr

Pitching Wedge Izzy is on a distinguished road

Colin Orr

Anyone heard from Colin Orr? I had signed up for his winter golf school and paid. He then cancelled his school and has not refunded me. His phone number is now "temporarily out of service". I find this hard to believe that Colin who has been around Ottawa for years has just up and left. Anyone else have any information?

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Never heard of him but I’d start with the CPGA, Falcon Ridge and then the Ottawa Police. He could be sick or something but then again it could be fraud. From what I could google, it seems he’s been around this area and with different golf clubs for years so it doesn’t seem like a fraud thing but you never know.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Colin-Orr/3663861

Is he at Greco Fitness now....it was last updated in November 2022....or so the internet says....

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    He’s on Twitter and had posted not too long ago
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Please refrain from using the words like fraud, etc... Hopefully he will respond to people who have registered and paid for his golf school and issue a refund, or is looking for another location to conduct his golf school. As strange as this is, hopefully it is not a health thing, and will be in contact with the people who paid for the winter golf school.

Pitching Wedge Izzy is on a distinguished road
    Agreed BogeyGolf! Colin is a great guy and has years of hard work and dedication to helping Ottawa golfers for years. I was hoping that someone knew of a way to get into contact with him over the winter.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Any closure on this post? Trusting you’ve gotten your money back

I don't think anyone has heard from Colin Orr as of yet?

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Hylands announced last week that Colin Orr is returning as a fulltime teaching instructor.

Hopefully he gets in touch with people who paid for his cancelled winter golf school.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    Anyone heard from Colin Orr? I had signed up for his winter golf school and paid. He then cancelled his school and has not refunded me. His phone number is now "temporarily out of service". I find this hard to believe that Colin who has been around Ottawa for years has just up and left. Anyone else have any information?
    So did you get your money back?

Putter Duffman is on a distinguished road
    Nobody had yet to hear back. I have a read receipt on a text I sent in January but no replies. I am in same boat - out $560. It is puzzling and very out of character. Most of us who got the shaft are long time clients / Facebook friends. Just weird and disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman View Post
    Nobody had yet to hear back. I have a read receipt on a text I sent in January but no replies. I am in same boat - out $560. It is puzzling and very out of character. Most of us who got the shaft are long time clients / Facebook friends. Just weird and disappointing.
    Go to the Hylands. He works there now.

I’d be paying Hylands a visit and getting my money back.

Putter Eugene is on a distinguished road
    I am a victim too. I paid more than $1000 for my wife and me for the winter clinic. He kept communication with me until early January when he suddenly ghosted me, no phone, no email, no Facebook response, ... I found his behavior very weird.

Putter Eugene is on a distinguished road
    Don't know how many people have registered and paid for his program and if anyone has received his refund. Has anybody talked him of the reason why he is not contacting the registrants and discussing the refund plan?

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    File a police report , let the fraud team do the hunting

Quote Originally Posted by cleek View Post
    File a police report , let the fraud team do the hunting
    I said that months ago and got scolded for using the word “fraud”. Should have been dealt with months ago.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    A Modirator asking a Forum Member to 'refrain' from using an inappropriate word like 'fraud' on this forum was dealt with months ago.
    It was dealt with appropriately given a person had suggested a reference to a crime being committed by someone whom the accuser doesn't even know.
    To be 'scolded' is to remonstrate or rebuke (someone) angrily.
    Bogey golf was certainly not doing that.
    Last edited by MarcArt; 06-05-2023 at 06:06 PM.

Has everyone gotten their money back? If so, what was the hold up?

Amateur BullDog is on a distinguished road BullDog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Has everyone gotten their money back? If so, what was the hold up?
    A friend of mine is still "waiting".

I believe some people are going to see him at Hylands, as it is harder to ignore people when you are face to face than by not answering a telephone, hopefully it will get resolved amicably by everyone.

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    I believe some people are going to see him at Hylands, as it is harder to ignore people when you are face to face than by not answering a telephone, hopefully it will get resolved amicably by everyone.
    You are right. Friend of mine called and recognized him on the phone, although Colin denied being who he was. Ultimately went to the club and had a conversation about how he could get his money back. It'll be interesting to see how it'll go.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    The best thing is to just speak to a police officer, they usually try to resolve things outside the court, may provide motivation to refund all those people. The thing is no one wants is a confrontation. I deaslt with him years ago and seemed like a good guy so I am sure he will want to do the right thing
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    The best thing is to just speak to a police officer, they usually try to resolve things outside the court, may provide motivation to refund all those people. The thing is no one wants is a confrontation. I deaslt with him years ago and seemed like a good guy so I am sure he will want to do the right thing
    We're not in a court of justice and don't know all the details but if he does not clear his name no one will ever sign up with him for future winter school lessons.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    We're not in a court of justice and don't know all the details but if he does not clear his name no one will ever sign up with him for future winter school lessons.
    I assume hylands wouldn't want bad publicity. Wondering if anyone contacted them and discussed the issue about this individual.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    This isn't a police matter.....
    There are other ways to seek a refund.

CONTENT REMOVED - inappropriate

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    This isn't a police matter.....
    There are other ways to seek a refund.
    WARNING: CONTENT REMOVED - inappropriate

Personal Attacks and Arguing - The Number 1 Rule
    While debating and discussion is the purpose of this board, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters. If you attack someone, don't be surprised if you find yourself banned.

If you find yourself opposed to another person's post; debate, do not argue. Above all be polite and respectful of others. Threads that degrade into a head-butting contest will be closed and the participants will receive a warning. This rule especially applies to arguments where it boils down to just trying to get the "Last word".

Warnings
    Violators of these rules will be warned, and if the behavior does not immediately improve, the user will be banned.

Final Word
    While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

The Forum team shall be the sole arbitrators of what does and what does not violate community standards.

• We reserve the right to remove or edit posts without notice.
    • We reserve the right to ban any user who willfully violates the forum rules.
    • First offence for a rules violation will usually result in a one week ban. Second offence will result in a permanent ban.
    • Arguing with or abusing the moderator imposing the ban is not tolerated and may result in a permanent ban.
    • Questions about how to use the forums, please consult the FAQ first. If you cannot find what you are looking for, email Moderator
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 06-08-2023 at 07:09 AM. Reason: inappropriate - see Personal Attacks and Arguing - The Number 1 Rule

Quote Originally Posted by MarcArt View Post
    A Modirator asking a Forum Member to 'refrain' from using an inappropriate word like 'fraud' on this forum was dealt with months ago.
    It was dealt with appropriately given a person had suggested a reference to a crime being committed by someone whom the accuser doesn't even know.
    To be 'scolded' is to remonstrate or rebuke (someone) angrily.
    Bogey golf was certainly not doing that.
    WARNING: CONTENT REMOVED - inappropriate
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 06-08-2023 at 07:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    You are right. Friend of mine called and recognized him on the phone, although Colin denied being who he was. Ultimately went to the club and had a conversation about how he could get his money back. It'll be interesting to see how it'll go.
    If true, wild. Denial of identity over the phone and sounds like no resolution in person. A reputation takes a lifetime to build a minutes to destroy. Sad.

Thread Information