CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

How was your 2022 season?

Thought i would start a post for folks to comment about the 2022 golf season.
    My putting was much better, thanks to wifey getting me to have a routine. Who knew that's all it takes LOL.
    Driving accuracy also improved by 12 deg, senior shaft draw face driver. (thanks to Chieflongtee who sold it to me)
    Had a better season than last year and very greatfull.

1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road
    it was a lot of fun playing this year

i used the following Podcast for the last few months and it made golf even more enjoyable

https://brainbooster.libsyn.com/deve...nt-osborne-230

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar

Wink

My home club (Rideau Glen) re-joined the OVGA intersectionals for the first time in years, & I was fortunate to make the team. As a result, 2022 was my first year keeping an official Handicap with Golf Canada! It was a fun experience for sure as this was my first time playing in the intersectionals.

My game peaked in mid-August, with me shooting a new all-time PB at my home club. Unfortunately soon afterwards my putter went ice cold for almost 2 months.....with me only starting to recover some form about 2 weeks ago. That cold streak only caused me to change/rotate out/separately try "only" 5 of 14 clubs in my bag, so at least I didn't dump all my clubs (yet...!)
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chi View Post
    My home club (Rideau Glen) re-joined the OVGA intersectionals for the first time in years, & I was fortunate to make the team. As a result, 2022 was my first year keeping an official Handicap with Golf Canada! It was a fun experience for sure as this was my first time playing in the intersectionals.

My game peaked in mid-August, with me shooting a new all-time PB at my home club. Unfortunately soon afterwards my putter went ice cold for almost 2 months.....with me only starting to recover some form about 2 weeks ago. That cold streak only caused me to change/rotate out/separately try "only" 5 of 14 clubs in my bag, so at least I didn't dump all my clubs (yet...!)
    Good for ya buddy. What is your current hdcp.if i may ask?

Nationwide Player Mr. Chi is on a distinguished road Mr. Chi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Good for ya buddy. What is your current hdcp.if i may ask?
    I'll PM you - too embarrassing to post in public as I don't hit 300+ yard drives or shoot under par like a lot of online golfers!

For public's sake though, I'm just a very average mid-handicapper.
    "Be happy, but never satisfied." – Bruce Lee

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    This year was a good year. Set a goal of shooting one even par round. Had one +1 and 2 +2 rounds. But the killer round was finishing the 15th hole, sitting at -1 and knowing that it would be too dark to finish the round....ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    This year was a good year. Set a goal of shooting one even par round. Had one +1 and 2 +2 rounds. But the killer round was finishing the 15th hole, sitting at -1 and knowing that it would be too dark to finish the round....ouch!
    Good for you Geoff. Your in a class of your own buddy.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Overall, it was a bit of a disappointment as I struggled to break 85 most rounds and I am not sure why, other than not playing consistently enough. I switched to the claw grip and a new putter (centre shafted Odyssey Stroke Lab) which has helped cure the yips and gave me a lot of confidence on the greens.

All that being said, my last two games (in the past two weeks) were 81 and 76 with the latter playing the back in -1. Somehow the magic returned and I those were my best two rounds of the year. Golf is dumb.

One more round on Sunday and then the clubs are going away for the season.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Overall, it was a bit of a disappointment as I struggled to break 85 most rounds and I am not sure why, other than not playing consistently enough. I switched to the claw grip and a new putter (centre shafted Odyssey Stroke Lab) which has helped cure the yips and gave me a lot of confidence on the greens.

All that being said, my last two games (in the past two weeks) were 81 and 76 with the latter playing the back in -1. Somehow the magic returned and I those were my best two rounds of the year. Golf is dumb.

One more round on Sunday and then the clubs are going away for the season.
    Still pretty good compared to a lot of folks Jeff. I thought this game was gonna get easier as we grow older, NOT LOL.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Still pretty good compared to a lot of folks Jeff. I thought this game was gonna get easier as we grow older, NOT LOL.
    I think I peaked a few years ago
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Not what I had envisioned at the beginning at the season. Handicap went up almost 5 points, then dropped 2 points, but still off from last year. I could barely hold a club for about 6 weeks mid-season due to finger pain, but thankfully (to this group) new larger grips have improved the situation significantly. 1 or 2 rounds left and then it is indoor putting green practice to get ready for next season.

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Hey, Marc, Geoff, . . . nice hearing from you guys. Hope all is good. I don't come here often as it is quiet. I use to prefer this site rather than TGN and all of their lunatics (Jeff could also mention this) . . . I had another great year. Played my usual 100+ rounds (closer to 130) . . . after my hip replacement in October 2017 my hdcp went to 13 . . . slowly brought it down to 8 . . . this year I felt I played so much better but couldn't lower it . . . got 2 or 3 rounds in the 70's, just so damn hard

At the end, it doesn't matter. I play with good people and have a lot of fun which is the most important thing. I don't go to Ottawa as much as the kids are now out of school and back in Town. Would like to have a chance to play with some nice people like you guys. Never know . . .
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Chambokl View Post
    Hey, Marc, Geoff, . . . nice hearing from you guys. Hope all is good. I don't come here often as it is quiet. I use to prefer this site rather than TGN and all of their lunatics (Jeff could also mention this) . . . I had another great year. Played my usual 100+ rounds (closer to 130) . . . after my hip replacement in October 2017 my hdcp went to 13 . . . slowly brought it down to 8 . . . this year I felt I played so much better but couldn't lower it . . . got 2 or 3 rounds in the 70's, just so damn hard

At the end, it doesn't matter. I play with good people and have a lot of fun which is the most important thing. I don't go to Ottawa as much as the kids are now out of school and back in Town. Would like to have a chance to play with some nice people like you guys. Never know . . .
    Long time no see buddy.Good to hear from you also.OG has changed a lot in the last few years but still a couple of us 'old' guys kicking around.I dont care much for TGN as its turned into a zoo. I see your still an avid player. 8 HDCP is stellar. Wishing you many more years of great golf.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Great time for this thread just started the season 93 last Saturday and a stellar 84 at Nations on Tues Playing Casselview this week and hopefully a Friday game as well............life gets in the way sometimes but you just keep on trucking. Guys---pay close attention to you PSA numbers----I am a grateful and fortunate one.
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Great time for this thread just started the season 93 last Saturday and a stellar 84 at Nations on Tues Playing Casselview this week and hopefully a Friday game as well............life gets in the way sometimes but you just keep on trucking. Guys---pay close attention to you PSA numbers----I am a grateful and fortunate one.
    Good to hear from ya buddy. Glad you are well.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    i was pretty happy with my game this year, some up and downs for sure but no injuries this season so the first since 2019. I struggled in June and early July but got my game back in August. My index went up a couple of points over the summer but the last month has been really good. My short game finally came back which helped.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    i was pretty happy with my game this year, some up and downs for sure but no injuries this season so the first since 2019. I struggled in June and early July but got my game back in August. My index went up a couple of points over the summer but the last month has been really good. My short game finally came back which helped.
    All good Luc. I'm at a stage where i'm just happy to get out and have a good time with my buddies.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    That's the best part of playing golf for sure
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Nut nice_lag is on a distinguished road
    Weird year for me. Didn't manage to get out as regularly as I wished but when I did, things seemed to click. Unfortunately, the brain still believed that I could execute but the body would not follow... it was a fun year nonetheless, met new people and courses, had good times, and enjoyed the game.
    nice_lag
    Almonte

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lag View Post
    Weird year for me. Didn't manage to get out as regularly as I wished but when I did, things seemed to click. Unfortunately, the brain still believed that I could execute but the body would not follow... it was a fun year nonetheless, met new people and courses, had good times, and enjoyed the game.
    I really enjoy the social aspect of golf. Meeting new people and developing new friendships. I always have a good time on the course and dont take myself too seriously so that helps.LOL

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    I had a pretty good season. I started keeping a handicap again after many years not bothering. I found it difficult to show up to the course with the same swing each round as I didn't play as many 18 hole rounds as I would have liked and missed almost 2 weeks with a non golf related injury. However I still managed my way around the course alright. On the plus side my driving has really improved from previous seasons which helped my scores a lot but my putter/short game really let me down all season.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Quote Originally Posted by gregnol View Post
    I had a pretty good season. I started keeping a handicap again after many years not bothering. I found it difficult to show up to the course with the same swing each round as I didn't play as many 18 hole rounds as I would have liked and missed almost 2 weeks with a non golf related injury. However I still managed my way around the course alright. On the plus side my driving has really improved from previous seasons which helped my scores a lot but my putter/short game really let me down all season.
    Are you a member at Rideauview Gregnol? If so thats one heck of a fine course. Number 18 hole is beautiful and looks tough enough. I have never played it but was entertaining guests on the patio this summer playing guitar and signing a few tunes. Hope you have a better year in 2023!!!

Par gregnol is on a distinguished road gregnol's Avatar
    Are you a member at Rideauview Gregnol? If so thats one heck of a fine course. Number 18 hole is beautiful and looks tough enough. I have never played it but was entertaining guests on the patio this summer playing guitar and signing a few tunes. Hope you have a better year in 2023!!!
    I was a member there almost a decade ago (guess I need to update that). Great golf course but it was the members that made it even better. It was always a ton of fun and it didn't hurt that they had (still have) some really good golfers

I'm at Clublink now and enjoy the variety/proximity of courses to my house.
    "I'm a hockey player but I'm here to play golf today" Happy Gilmore

Major Poster Chambokl is on a distinguished road Chambokl's Avatar
    Long time no see buddy.Good to hear from you also.OG has changed a lot in the last few years but still a couple of us 'old' guys kicking around.I dont care much for TGN as its turned into a zoo. I see your still an avid player. 8 HDCP is stellar. Wishing you many more years of great golf.
    Always nice to hear from you mon ami. Tu as raison, TGN est un zoo. Our course is just a regular course (9 holes) but this year our greens were the best maybe ever and it has been around for 75+ years . . . like you said, the people make the difference. I love it during Tournaments when people tell me it is their favorite place to be . . . good food and very good people. It is what is important . . . bonne hiver!!!
    If you think it's hard to meet new people, try picking up the wrong golf ball.

Thread Information