CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road

LPGA event feedback

For those who attended the event what were your thoughts? What did others think of the golf course? Would love to hear your feedback

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I was there on Saturday. We parked in the lot 5 min away and took the shuttle. It was very well organized and incredibly efficient. Same thing going back and we stayed until the last group finished.

Overall I thought it was incredibly well run and a first class event. You could get close to any golfer not named Brooke and even then were we able to see her on a couple of holes that we got to ahead of her arriving. I was at the Masters in April and this was every bit as well run. My only complaint was some of the food/drink prices were a little obscene.

The course itself looked amazing. Hillier than I remembered when I played it many years ago and conditions looked immaculate. The holes were very well marked allowing us to easily navigate the course, along with the online map. All in all it was a great fan experience.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I was there on Friday and it was great experience. Staff (parking, bus drivers, concessions, etc.) and Volunteers were quite friendly. Kuddos to the HC members who lend us their course for everyone to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    For those who attended the event what were your thoughts? What did others think of the golf course? Would love to hear your feedback

1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road
    A great event and a perfect course.

it was impressive to watch the players hit shots onto the tricky green on 13 from 170 yards over water.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I was there for the day Sunday. Course conditions were really nice, but that is to be expected. The atmosphere and set up were great. A couple of areas were difficult to navigate with the ropes and controlled passages, but I eventually made my way...I wasn't in any rush. Volunteers were amazing!!

The Golf Canada app was amazing which showed where all the golfers were throughout the day...easy to find them.

The only disappointing experience was at the concession stand near the clubhouse. They had no condiments for hamburgers, hotdogs, etc. They ran out of bags of chips...at 12:30. Plus, their sausages, were not really sausages...more like hot dogs. Lots of disappointed people after waiting in a long line up for an expensive "sausage" with nothing on top. Food is the 2nd most important part of running a good event.

Anyways, overall it was a very nice experience.
    Last edited by em69; 08-30-2022 at 10:53 PM.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Great feedback - glad others were able to enjoy the event! Course was great leading up to the tournament - a little off this season with the wind storm but still one of the best conditioned golf courses you will see in this country. I have personally only
    played two better. Prices at the club are super expensive so not surprised to hear the feedback - and I agree. Sorry about the condiments - that sucks! Glad to hear the logistics made things easy and that the app helped. Don’t know if or when the event will come back to the club but there is certainly a market here in Ottawa to host again. I think the soft conditions, lack of wind and mid tees created the perfect scoring conditions but these gals are so good!

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    I was there Thursday and Sunday and was impressed at how well organised it was.My girlfriend was a volunteer for the last 2 cp opens in Ottawa and she is planning to try for the next one in BC
    ...but as a previous poster mentioned,the food pricing was ridiculous..but I don't get how some guys are drinking 12$ beers at 10 in the morning..I followed the last group right to the end and wow can Reto putt..she was just amazing

Putter 7Out is on a distinguished road
    I was there Thursday and it was really enjoyable. If you weren't around Brooke you could get very close with almost anyone else on the course. Course looked really good on tv. The players and especially caddies love this tournament as they get some of the biggest crowds of the year and are treated very well. I do not believe the Hunt Club set the pricing for food/drinks, not sure if this is Golf Canada or part of the vendor contract with Golf Canada.

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Food prices didn't bother me, if you paid attention at most of the seated tents by the greens, all that was required was to download an app and register for whatever company they were promoting. You would end up with access to their seating area/lounge with free snacks n bottles of water. You also had in/out privilege with TnT plaza, Timmy's, pizza etc around riverside/uplands nearby if don't mind walking. I bought a week pass went to 6/7 days whenever work wasn't an obstacle. Can't wait for another event, that was AMAZING for my first experience. Side note: backstreet boys was the group infront of mine yesterday at the Canadian lol.

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    I was a volunteer marshal on the 7th holes for this event (toughest hole during the tournament) . I worked everyday from Tuesday to Sunday. Watching these girls during practice rounds was amazing specially around the greens WOW!!! The greens were rolling at 12.5 all week and 12.7 for Sunday's round.

I was almost hit by one of Charley Hull's drive during a practice round which went outside the ropes. When she came by I asked her if she was going to play it or pick it up, she ask me to pick it up for her since she had hit a second tee shot . When I gave it back to her she accepted to take a selfie with me, I should of asked her to sign the ball and keep it, but she did sign a photo for me the next day. Most players are very approachable and nice. Kristy Kerr was the only one with an attitude..... Big time several marshal's had issues with her!

If they ever come back to Ottawa I'm signing up for the Pro-Am (I'm a 7 handicap). With the duffers I've saw go by that day (Wednesday) I would really be in my element in the Pro-Am. From the 7th tee box on guy sliced it into the rink on the 17th hole. Another guy from 130 yards from the green took 4 shots ripping out huge divots each time destroying the fairway and still wasn't on!!! One of the girl was paired with 3 ladies that barely carried 50-75 yards on each shots......it looked so painful for that poor Pro (One of the Asian girls) at least she only had to endure that for 9 hole.

All and all it was a great event and well organized I'm definitely signing up again when the LPGA comes back in the area.

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    I was a volunteer marshal on the 7th holes for this event (toughest hole during the tournament) . I worked everyday from Tuesday to Sunday. Watching these girls during practice rounds was amazing specially around the greens WOW!!! The greens were rolling at 12.5 all week and 12.7 for Sunday's round.

I was almost hit by one of Charley Hull's drive during a practice round which went outside the ropes. When she came by I asked her if she was going to play it or pick it up, she ask me to pick it up for her since she had hit a second tee shot . When I gave it back to her she accepted to take a selfie with me, I should of asked her to sign the ball and keep it, but she did sign a photo for me the next day. Most players are very approachable and nice. Kristy Kerr was the only one with an attitude..... Big time several marshal's had issues with her!

If they ever come back to Ottawa I'm signing up for the Pro-Am (I'm a 7 handicap). With the duffers I've saw go by that day (Wednesday) I would really be in my element in the Pro-Am. From the 7th tee box on guy sliced it into the rink on the 17th hole. Another guy from 130 yards from the green took 4 shots ripping out huge divots each time destroying the fairway and still wasn't on!!! One of the girl was paired with 3 ladies that barely carried 50-75 yards on each shots......it looked so painful for that poor Pro (One of the Asian girls) at least she only had to endure that for 9 hole.

All and all it was a great event and well organized I'm definitely signing up again when the LPGA comes back in the area.
    I was there when that ball almost hit you! LOL, I saw alot of duffs in the pro am also... But to perform infront of a crowd... I understand why some of these dudes crumbles under pressure haha

Gap Wedge justdoeit is on a distinguished road
    it was $15K to enter the Pro Am

Thread Information