100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Shagging Balls DavidY is on a distinguished road DavidY's Avatar

Recommendations wanted for an orthotic friendly golf shoe

My feet are big (size 13) and wide too.

Any specific brands recommendations would be welcome.

Just demoed two Footjoy golf shoes today...was a decent fit (sufficient width...surprise, surprise!!) without my orthotics. But could not even wear either shoe with the orthotic insert.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    I also have wide feet and have a tough time finding comfortable golf shoes. The only 2 brands that I have found that are consistently comfortable from the start are Bite and Callaway. Both of them have a nice wide toe box, and they don't squish the base of your toes from the top either. I would suggest you demo either one of these brands.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

Thanks, el tigre.

It's too bad that the Footjoy's foot cushion couldn't be removed like most shoes these days. Will see if any of the local golf stores carry these brands.

Dave

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    Try the new Bite Ortho's. I have never had a golf shoe that could fit my orthotics, but these do, and they fit great. Best shoe I have ever had and I have had a few.
    They look a little goofy, but they don't need any break in and have lots of toe room.

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty
    Try the new Bite Ortho's. I have never had a golf shoe that could fit my orthotics, but these do, and they fit great. Best shoe I have ever had and I have had a few.
    They look a little goofy, but they don't need any break in and have lots of toe room.

Rusty
    Thanks, Rusty.

Dave

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidY
    My feet are big (size 13) and wide too.

Any specific brands recommendations would be welcome.

Just demoed two Footjoy golf shoes today...was a decent fit (sufficient width...surprise, surprise!!) without my orthotics. But could not even wear either shoe with the orthotic insert.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
    I wear BITE Journey shoes. Wide 11.5 and they are the most comfortable golf shoes I have worn in 24 years of walking courses. Golftown happens to have them on sale for $89 right now. Two year waterproof warranty, and they stand behind their product. I had two pair replaced due to small water leakage in the toes. Mind you that was after I walked 100 rounds in them
    I have two pair of these shoes and would highly recommend them to anyone with a wider foot.
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Thanks, Golfbum,

So far, three recommendations for Bite and one for Calloway.

Dave

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Never owned a pair of golf shoes until I tried the Adidas Comfort Stripe. They are wider than normal and super comfortable. I liked them so much that I purchased a second pair. I've played with other golfers wearing the exact same shoes and they had the same comments. I also wear orthodics with them.

Good Luck!

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'll second the recommendation for Adidas. Walked 36 today in my Z-Traxion Tours and my feet aren't tired at all.

Good support, and very important if you don't want your feet to get tired, flexible at the same time.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    just bought a pair of Callaway's and also own FootJoy's and 2 pairs of Etonics. The Callaways are by far the widest of the 3 and the insole has a part you can take out to make it even wider. Really comfortable shoes. The FootJoys I am trying to sell since they just don't fit my feet properly and I've got 4 pairs.

Sand Wedge Rando is on a distinguished road
    I wear orthotics as well. You have to take out the insole that comes with the shoe. Mine fit in well then.

After trying out most of GT's inventory (removing all the inserts), I bought a pair of Adidas a3 3 stripe shoes, all black. 2 year warranty for water proofing. At $160 plus taxes, it was quite a bit more than what I had planned to spend. A Callaway shoe was my second choice....but it was square toes and pretty ugly. Tried a bunch of Callaways and Bites too. It's very hard to buy a golf shoe that is wide and able to handle orthotics well. Glad that the GT sales reps were very patient.

Dave

Eagle Rusty is on a distinguished road Rusty's Avatar
    I have to give GT credit, the guys in the shoe dept. really seem to know what they are doing, and I never get the bums rush when I am trying on mulitple shoes.

Rusty

7 Iron viper is on a distinguished road viper's Avatar
    I have the same problem (size 12 + othrotics). I found multiple shoes that were confy without the othrotics.

At the end of last season, I bought a pair of FootJoy's (in wide width) at CB and they work great for me.

From now on, I never try a golf shoe if they don't have it in wide width. Sure, some regular width (standard stock) shoe might work but I rather filter the # of shoes I try on...

Pitching Wedge spart is on a distinguished road
    I also wear orthodics, and have consistently found Etonic shoes to work the best for me . THe original in sole is easily removed to be replaced by the orthodic.

Thread Information