CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road

Score Golf Rankings

Countdown completed this morning. Any surprises? Any thoughts/feeeback? Very subjective but always a good conversation starter.

Putter PaceOfPlay is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Countdown completed this morning. Any surprises? Any thoughts/feeeback? Very subjective but always a good conversation starter.
    Unfortunate that none of the local public tracks could crack the Top 125. The Marshes and eQuinelle are definitely better in my opinion than some of the courses on the list. No Falcon either, that course is in amazing condition for the price. As a side note if any Rideau View or Hunt Club Members here ever need a playing partner let me know and I’d be happy to come check out your ranked course and buy you a couple beverages! 😀

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PaceOfPlay View Post
    Unfortunate that none of the local public tracks could crack the Top 125. The Marshes and eQuinelle are definitely better in my opinion than some of the courses on the list. No Falcon either, that course is in amazing condition for the price. As a side note if any Rideau View or Hunt Club Members here ever need a playing partner let me know and I’d be happy to come check out your ranked course and buy you a couple beverages! 😀
    Message me privately re Hunt and we can set that up.

As for the course review it’s very subjective and a huge emphasis is placed on views and essentially what the ranking panel might deem as fun. There are no memorable holes at Equinelle. Condition counts for next to nothing so Marshes would probably warrant a higher ranking and was top 150 in 2020. Hunt and Royal are both in great shape but don’t have that wow factor. There are no ocean views or mountains. Some of these courses have poor conditions. I just played Algonquin last week. Super fun layout; amazing views - greens were inconsistent and the overall conditions were ok/average (probably like Carleton or Highlands as local examples). I kinda get the ranking in the top 60. Crow bush is super overrated. Some ocean views but some flat out weird holes. At the end of the day they almost need different categories; no clue how you compare Hamilton to Banff. One is meticulous the other isn’t. One has great views the other doesn’t. Both have a great layout with lots of variety. I think it’s a great conversation starter. Out of the top 20 this year but one of my favourites would be Muskoka Bay which should be on everyone’s list.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    Interesting to see that they did not include the National in the rankings for it's exclusionary membership policies. I wonder if any other clubs were likewise excluded?

Outside of that, too many McBroom courses on this list for my taste.

Hopelessly Addicted Shivas Irons is on a distinguished road Shivas Irons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spackler View Post
    Interesting to see that they did not include the National in the rankings for it's exclusionary membership policies. I wonder if any other clubs were likewise excluded?
    "SCOREGolf has made the decision to disqualify any clubs that are not gender inclusive in their membership policies from eligibility for the Top 100."

Can't find any specifics on this ? I thought everyone had moved past this, apparently not.
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet, but he did invent global warming.

Thread Information