CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar

Perth GC bumps me off the tee time AGAIN!!!!

I was at the Perth Golf Club yesterday and had booked a tee time of 8:51 Uusing their booking system. It was an early tee time since I had plans later in the day. The course was in very good condition. I arrived early specifically to hit balls then chip and putt before heading to the tee box which is my routine (i'm old and need to do that LOL). At the 1st tee box I introduced myself to a member and his group that I was to play with them but he quickly replied that they were a foursome. I told him there must be a mistake because I had a time of 8:51 and again he replied curtly that they were 4.

I was upset because this has happened to me before at that course recently and I had plans so could not really be delayed. The young man at the pro shop handled the situation very well, was apologetic and was able to fit me in a half hour later but originally wanted to "fit me in" almost an hour later which would not have worked for me and I would have had to cancel like I did the last they did this to me. I asked him if golfers are charged if they don't show and was told yes.

It seems to indicate that members are privileged and can bump anyone anytime. I would not have wanted to be added or bump any of that group at 8:51, it would have been awkward to say the least. I do understand that members drive revenue but it should not be at the expense of other non-members. The respect of tee time reservations is important for the club, the members and paying clientele.

In the end I was able to play but really wasted my warm up, I was still upset (that's on me I guess) and it made for an unpleasant start to my game.

I have reached out to the GM Stacie to explain this situation because once can be an aberration but twice is an indication of a problem. Don't get me wrong, the pro shop attendant was apologetic and helped out. He did offer to tell the group to let me play at 8:51 as a 5some, but I thought that was not a good idea and would have made the game much longer than needed and the "members" would have been pissed with me to say the least.

Stacie did reply to my email about the situation and basically said this does happen and may happen again. In fact she said " I sadly cannot guarantee it won't happen in the future when booking as a onesome but if our fix was not satisfactory for you (under the circumstances we were in), I understand if you choose not to return to our course although I do hope you reconsider." We certainly did not prioritize members over guests in this situation" " .

It's important to note that I never implied or said I would never return, my email was to let them know how the situation impacted me as a green fee player and that it had happedned before. I also did not appreciate that if one books a tee time as a single that it makes this situation more likley to happen?? That is 100% contradictiry to her comment about prioritizing players.

This not the answer I was expecting. not a great answer.

I appreciated she reached out but her answer felt like if you did not like how we handled it then you dont have to come back here to play and when you book as a single this can happen." So much for not prioritizing
    Last edited by leftylucas; 07-04-2022 at 12:01 PM.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    That's a terrible answer. I guess you know where their priorities are.

This happened to me at a clublink course where we had passes with no restrictions (and had booked a foursome) and they bumped us by well over an hour and tried to blame it on a "mix-up". The head pro was basically a d!ck about it as well.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Wondering if you were added to a 3 some when you booked and then the members made a change to a foursome. Then they should have ask the proshop to contact the single(you) if you wouldn't mind moving up or down on the tee sheet. At our course we can't move someone off the tee sheet without asking the pro shop, but only if the single can be move at a reasonable tee time or by having the pro shop contacting the single player.
    Did you do a bad iron built for a member at that course. Lol

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    They should have at least called you to advise you of the change.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    While its not a great answer at least is the honest truth from the GM so plan accordingly.

Maybe in the future, the first thing will be to check-in at the pro-shop that everything is still ok with your bookings.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    This not the answer I was expecting. not a great answer.

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Sounds like that reply was a simple copy and paste as they probably have had others complain about the "problem" that most likely occur again.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Pretty sure that ALL members do not have the ability or authority to delete tee times on the booking system for the club. That would just be complete chaos.

However, it would not be unusual for SOME members to have this ability or authority (people who also work at the course, league organizers, the "old-boys" network, etc.) - and it seems that some of these people abuse that authority. Still no excuse for the club manager that allows this to happen without repercussions. If I understand correctly you were not even given any notice that your tee time was deleted. I would never book a tee time there again.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    They should have at least called you to advise you of the change.
    Myself and 2 friends were notified by Kingsway about our booked tee times being changed.But that is how it should be done,,Don't think I would ever give Perth my money after reading this situation.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Myself and 2 friends were notified by Kingsway about our booked tee times being changed.But that is how it should be done,,Don't think I would ever give Perth my money after reading this situation.
    Agreed. Why drive 1 hour and find out they bumped you to a later tee time. Not the best customer service.

Thread Information