Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
WARNING: I tried to purchase tickets several months ago for this event and Golf Canada/Ticketmaster refused to provide them. Why, you ask? They do not allow paper tickets as an option - period! The ONLY method of delivery for tickets to this event is directly to an internet-enabled cell phone, which you then must bring to the event to be scanned in order to get in. First time I have ever seen this (and I go to a LOT of concerts every year), and they decide to do this for a golf tournament? Seriously? How stupid is that???

Yeah, maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned - but I think data charges by cell-phone companies are stupidly expensive for what you get and I choose not to pay them. So I emailed them and they said too bad - if you don't like our new rules then don't go. So I won't be going this year...
That's an unfortunate reason not to go, I hope you have a friend or family member you wish to attend with and they could use their phone screen shot with your ticket info on it. I understand principles are principles though.