CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road

Cp women's open LPGA, Royal Hunt Club, Ottawa August 22-28 2022

https://am.ticketmaster.com/canadianwomensopen/en

For more info click link above. Hope to see y'all there!

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    WARNING: I tried to purchase tickets several months ago for this event and Golf Canada/Ticketmaster refused to provide them. Why, you ask? They do not allow paper tickets as an option - period! The ONLY method of delivery for tickets to this event is directly to an internet-enabled cell phone, which you then must bring to the event to be scanned in order to get in. First time I have ever seen this (and I go to a LOT of concerts every year), and they decide to do this for a golf tournament? Seriously? How stupid is that???

Yeah, maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned - but I think data charges by cell-phone companies are stupidly expensive for what you get and I choose not to pay them. So I emailed them and they said too bad - if you don't like our new rules then don't go. So I won't be going this year...

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Could you not save them to your phone? I do that with every ticket I buy from Ticketmaster
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Could you not save them to your phone? I do that with every ticket I buy from Ticketmaster
    I assumed he was complaining about the ticket policy because he doesn't own a phone but I wonder if you could print out a paper copy and the ticket takers could scan that ?

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    I know TD place is now “paperless”. Tickets (season and otherwise) are only available as a download to your device. I do not believe that there is a way to print a ticket any more. Cashless as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    I assumed he was complaining about the ticket policy because he doesn't own a phone but I wonder if you could print out a paper copy and the ticket takers could scan that ?
    I assumed he had a phone and just didn't pay data charges. Anyways, you can download them to apple wallet or google pay - I use apple wallet and they are simple tickets with a QR code. No reason why you couldn't take a screen grab of that as well and save it as a photo if data was a concern, which it shouldn't be (at least for Apple).

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    I too use apple wallet. Works great. I am not sure about the picture - that might work. I do know that they do not accept paper tickets printed. Here from their website:

“ 1. Do not print out your digital ticket as printed digital tickets will not be accepted at the gate.”

Not sure why.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonreg View Post
    I too use apple wallet. Works great. I am not sure about the picture - that might work. I do know that they do not accept paper tickets printed. Here from their website:

“ 1. Do not print out your digital ticket as printed digital tickets will not be accepted at the gate.”

Not sure why.
    Times are changing quickly. I sell at a couple of farmers markets on week-ends and accept credit cards and debit as well as cash. Probably about a third of my sales this summer have come from people "tapping" their phones.

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    WARNING: I tried to purchase tickets several months ago for this event and Golf Canada/Ticketmaster refused to provide them. Why, you ask? They do not allow paper tickets as an option - period! The ONLY method of delivery for tickets to this event is directly to an internet-enabled cell phone, which you then must bring to the event to be scanned in order to get in. First time I have ever seen this (and I go to a LOT of concerts every year), and they decide to do this for a golf tournament? Seriously? How stupid is that???

Yeah, maybe I'm a bit old-fashioned - but I think data charges by cell-phone companies are stupidly expensive for what you get and I choose not to pay them. So I emailed them and they said too bad - if you don't like our new rules then don't go. So I won't be going this year...
    That's an unfortunate reason not to go, I hope you have a friend or family member you wish to attend with and they could use their phone screen shot with your ticket info on it. I understand principles are principles though.

I am heading to this on Saturday. Oddly, I have paper tickets from Ticketmaster that I was given by a friend.

Any tips on best places to view things, etc. I don't remember much of the course from the last time I played it.
    Last edited by jeffc; 08-26-2022 at 07:31 AM.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I am heading to this on Saturday. Oddly, I have paper tickets from Ticketmaster that I was given by a friend.

Any tips on best places to view things, etc. I don't remember much of the course from the last time I played it.
    Apparently they have an app patrons center use which shows everything...holes, viewing locations, food, where players are on the course, etc.

Based on your comment, I'm assuming that this is your first time attending this event but you have actually played at least part of the course before. The tournament is basically played on the South/West combination of the course, although I'm not sure if the North 9 is exclusively excluded.

There are basically three locations to view things - beside the tee box, beside the fairway at the location of approach shots and near/beside the green. Assuming this is your first time at a pro golf event, you should wander the course to take in ALL of these viewpoints at first and decide what you like the best.

Beside the tee box - this is the best place to see the pros up close and to see their swings up close. Most of the time you will be able to follow the flight of the tee shots (especially on par -3s), but it depends on the hole whether you will actually see where the shots end up. The best view is actually behind the tee box but you rarely get that viewpoint because this event usually uses the second-last tee box.

Beside the fairway on approach shots - similar to "beside the tee box" above, but always less crowded so you should get a good view. If you're unsure where that spot is, look for a course marshal that has a "Quiet" sign - and be vigilant! You won't see the ball land until the last few seconds.

Near/beside the green - you probably won't see the total arc of approach shots until the last few seconds (except for the 3rd shot on par-5s or on very short par-4s), unless you are directly behind the green. On most par-3s there are stands directly behind the green, but you have to pay extra for them. You will get a close view of the putting though.

I should mention that Brooke has a HUGE following at this event - totally different that any other player. If you want to see Brooke up close but not necessarily spend the entire tournament following her, then find out where she is on the course and set yourself up one or two holes ahead at one of the spots above.

I've been to several pro tournaments (does the masters count?) so am quite familiar with the set-up. I attended the event when it was here many years ago and played the course about 10-12 years ago. I was asking specifically what holes are good viewing spots at this course as it's been awhile.

I've been to several pro tournaments (does the masters count?) so am quite familiar with the set-up. I attended the event when it was here many years ago and played the course about 10-12 years ago. I was asking specifically what holes are good viewing spots at this course as it's been awhile.
    The 18th and 9th holes are par-5s and are good spots to see tee shots and approach shots. Tough to get a good view of putts on 18 unless you camp out there and/or pay for access to the stands. The 17th is a par-3 called "The Rink" with hockey boards around the tee box and lots of stands and is worth checking out.

At this event Brooke has a Tiger-like following, so getting a good viewing point wherever she is playing on the course requires planning. Even more than when she played here many years ago.

Fun day today, great weather and we saw most of the course. We saw Brooke twice, when she hit her approach to a foot on 9 (we were right behind the flag so had a perfect view) and 17 the one with the hockey boards. We spent the last 2 hours at 18 with a great spot beside the stands watching the groups come in. This is a first class event, extremely well run and organized and easy to get close to anyone not named Brooke.

Fun day today, great weather and we saw most of the course. We saw Brooke twice, when she hit her approach to a foot on 9 (we were right behind the flag so had a perfect view) and 17 the one with the hockey boards. We spent the last 2 hours at 18 with a great spot beside the stands watching the groups come in. This is a first class event, extremely well run and organized and easy to get close to anyone not named Brooke.
    This was my first event, I got to follow all the non Brooke players with ease until last day leaderboard group, when they ended up at hole 9,15,18... With the Brooke brigade, impossible to move. I agree with you Jeff amazing organization, great event overall. And boy did we get lucky with weather.

Thread Information