CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar

Tremblant courses

Hello

Has anybody played the Tremblant courses so far this year? We are 8 guys heading out this Friday for the weekend to play play Géant, Diable and Royal Laurentien. I'm curious how Le Géant would be after being closed for 2 years. And if any of the courses have suffered from winter kill like some courses around here.

Thanks

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    Hello

Has anybody played the Tremblant courses so far this year? We are 8 guys heading out this Friday for the weekend to play play Géant, Diable and Royal Laurentien. I'm curious how Le Géant would be after being closed for 2 years. And if any of the courses have suffered from winter kill like some courses around here.

Thanks
    We played Diable on Saturday. The conditions were decent but still not up to par with what they should be IMHO considering the price but better than they were a couple of years ago. I asked a couple of people about Geant and didn't get overly positive responses to the question with regards to the conditioning.

Of note we also played Montebello, again, conditions were underwhelming but enjoyed the round. Same for Heritage but some the greens there are in rough shape.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    We played Diable on Saturday. The conditions were decent but still not up to par with what they should be IMHO considering the price but better than they were a couple of years ago. I asked a couple of people about Geant and didn't get overly positive responses to the question with regards to the conditioning.

Of note we also played Montebello, again, conditions were underwhelming but enjoyed the round. Same for Heritage but some the greens there are in rough shape.
    Thanks for the update Jeff, I'll update this post with the condition of the other two courses when I get back Sunday. We booked everything through Gendron Travel so we got a good price for our package.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post

Montebello is the worst that I have seen over the years. Many fairways with winter kills and the rough are not cut. Some holes are very soggy at low spots. Greens are rolling fine but for some are rough. Good luck finding a good lies on the fairways on this course, your ball will either in the rough or in bare lines for a good drives. Beside the spectacular view, it is not a very enjoyable golfing experience. They do offer 10% off until June 30 though.

Heritage, overall is much better experience for me actually. The fairways are good with little winter damage. Greens are slow as usual but only 2-3 holes with dead spots

They are replacing many bunkers with new white sand and they are working hard to give the course some TLC. Kudos to the team there .

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    Montebello is the worst that I have seen over the years. Many fairways with winter kills and the rough are not cut. Some holes are very soggy at low spots. Greens are rolling fine but for some are rough. Good luck finding a good lies on the fairways on this course, your ball will either in the rough or in bare lines for a good drives. Beside the spectacular view, it is not a very enjoyable golfing experience. They do offer 10% off until June 30 though.
    Let's be fair, Montebello closed after the BIG STORM. Reopened June 10th. So let's also give kudos for trying to restore the experience, no matter the conditions.

ICYMI, OttawaGolf members can get a special for those interested in golf & dining experience. Don't miss another great deal, subscribe at www.OttawaGolf.com/subscribe

MONTEBELLO SPECIAL OFFER, click here

Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaganold View Post
    Let's be fair, Montebello closed after the BIG STORM. Reopened June 10th. So let's also give kudos for trying to restore the experience, no matter the conditions.

ICYMI, OttawaGolf members can get a special for those interested in golf & dining experience. Don't miss another great deal, subscribe at www.OttawaGolf.com/subscribe

MONTEBELLO SPECIAL OFFER, click here
    To be fair, the conditions are what they are and have nothing to do with the storm. Yes, great they opened, but they are not investing in taking care of it. We've played it for the last 4 years and it's been pretty much the same, though they seem to have done a little work on the bunkers. I still like the course but for the price and connection to the chateau, it should be in better shape.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Played montebello today and as others mentionned it's a great scenic course and that's about it. Putting is almost impossible depending on pin placement and some are not in great shape.Fairways and tee boxes are so so and the riugh is brutal. From chatting with someone it seems they have only 6 employees working the course.
    Playing canadian next week for the girdt time. Impressions would be appreciated.

Hall of Fame spackler is on a distinguished road spackler's Avatar
    It's too bad because if Montebello had a restoration (not renovation), it would be a top 50 or better course in Canada. Great routing, super fun greens.

Gap Wedge McConkeys is on a distinguished road
    Speaking of Montebello, where is the link to book online? all I see is the phone #.

Quote Originally Posted by McConkeys View Post
    Speaking of Montebello, where is the link to book online? all I see is the phone #.
    Pretty sure you have to call. Same with Heritage.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Click the ad to get the link.
    https://www.ottawagolf.com/campaigns...o-06-06-22.htm

Sorry, maybe you can only book by calling!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slash View Post
    Played montebello today and as others mentionned it's a great scenic course and that's about it. Putting is almost impossible depending on pin placement and some are not in great shape.Fairways and tee boxes are so so and the riugh is brutal. From chatting with someone it seems they have only 6 employees working the course.
    Playing canadian next week for the girdt time. Impressions would be appreciated.
    I can only saY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THE CANADIAN and the staff. Played it about 6 weeks ago and it was in good shape for early spring. It can only have gotten better since. Never been dissapointed and its a nice walk no hills and great layout. Enjoy your round.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    I spent 3 days at Montebello in May, it is not only the course that has worn down, same for the hotel. For a Fairmount chain the hotel and course are below their typical standards. This was top tier destination 20 years ago but age is showing.
    I am sure Covid has taken it's toll, they have lost staff and the ones still there are trying but it is just not the same. It would be for the best if the resort were sold to a corporation who can invest some money into some restoration ( not ripping it down to build condos )

Here's the update from my Tremblant weekend + today's road road trip to Hudson (Falcon)

Le Geant: In terrible shape, all fairways and greens have winter kill. No beer cart/food cart on the course. They only accept tee times up to 3:00 pm

Le Diable: Front nine is in great shape, the back nine has some winter kill on some greens and fairways. Full cart service on course.

Le Manitou: No replay available at Diable so we play Manitou, the greens were way better then Geant, fairways in rough shape.

Royal Laurentien: In great shape, minimal winter kill on a few greens

And finally today we played The Falcon in Hudson, it's in great/perfect/fabulous/WOW condition! It's always nice but today better then ever. Speaking with the starter, it's been sold and they don't know what the new owner will do with it public or private? Take advantage while it's still public.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Any recent reviews on Le Geant, thinking of going in September, and was wondering if conditions have improved since reviews earlier this year. Thanks.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    819-423-4653

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Any recent reviews on Le Geant, thinking of going in September, and was wondering if conditions have improved since reviews earlier this year. Thanks.
    I didn't play, but I walked a few holes on Friday. I noticed quite a bit of winter kill on the fairways.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    I didn't play, but I walked a few holes on Friday. I noticed quite a bit of winter kill on the fairways.
    Thanks, not sure if it is worth the money and time to go there and play....

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Thanks, not sure if it is worth the money and time to go there and play....
    Absolutely NOT worth the money or time. It’s shocking how far this course has fallen. It’s like they’ve given up on it. The fact that this course is ranked ahead of Camelot devalues the score golf publication and point of course rankings. Camelot meanwhile was in great shape yesterday - much better than the last time I played it a few years back.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Waste of money and time. Played in late june and in bsd shape.

Thanks for the comments, I think I will pass on the courses Le Diable and Le Geant for September.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Play Arundel and Royal Laurentian. Great layouts and conditions were good. Greens could be faster but they had a lot of rain when I was there so maybe that was a factor.

Thread Information