CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Golfing in PEI

Putter eagles is on a distinguished road

Golfing in PEI

Just wondering if anyone could suggest a couple of good golf courses for my fiancee and I to go while we vacation in PEI. Probably a beginner to intermediate course would suffice.

thanks,
    ryan

4 Iron wantobegolfer is on a distinguished road wantobegolfer's Avatar
    Hi Ryan, see my posting under "Ottawa local" - "Golf P.E.I". My girlfriend is a beginner (second season) and we had no problems, people are friendly. We played "Crowbush" it runs along the ocean for a piece, really enjoyed that. Glascow Hills was recommended to us but didnt have time to play it. Take a look at this web site.

http://www.golfpei.ca/opening.html

Have fun...

3 Iron fmanning is on a distinguished road fmanning's Avatar
    Dundarave & Brudenell are also 2 great courses to play.

Barnie
    Do a search on the site as there are numerous post regarding P.E.I golf. I played Crowbush and Dundarave which are both very nice. Crowbush is one of the highest ranked courses in Canada. I didn't play Brudenell but I hear it's top notch as well. Crowbush shouldn't be missed however.

4Iron
    You also have to try to play Eagles Glen. It is a great layout, it caters to all golfers, from the newer golfer, yet still challenging to the more experienced.

Putter eagles is on a distinguished road
    Thanks guys for the suggestions! I will have to check one of these courses out. Lookin' forward to swing the stick by the ocean, should be good.

-ryan

Putter emper is on a distinguished road
    try Anderson's Creek in Cavendish. I am a misplaced Islander(go home every summer) and while the other courses mentioned are great courses, I would seriously place Anderson's creek on par with Crowbush. I have played basically every course and these 2 are the nicest by far. They also have lots of tee deck options.

Caddy beefstuf is on a distinguished road beefstuf's Avatar
    I Agree with Emper on that one. I played both of these and enjoyed them immensley. Also I held a tournament at Fox Meadows. This is a really nice course to play, inexpensive and close to downtown Charlottetown.

Enjoy the trip, what a beautiful place.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emper
    try Anderson's Creek in Cavendish. I am a misplaced Islander(go home every summer) and while the other courses mentioned are great courses, I would seriously place Anderson's creek on par with Crowbush. I have played basically every course and these 2 are the nicest by far. They also have lots of tee deck options.
    I'm also an Islander and I just back from my yearly vacation there. I played Anderson's Creek for the first time and I have to disagree with your rating of the course. In my opinion, it's NOWHERE NEAR on par with Crowbush. I thought the fairways were pretty bad with lots of really patchy spots and the marshalling / service / maintenance staff were not good at all. We ended up complaining and got raincheques from the manager who handled the situation very well.

I did like the greens and the design of the course, but it cost my wife and I $215 including a cart. For that price, I expect an excellent experience and that's not what I got.

Crowbush may cost a little more, but it's always been immaculately maintained.

MJF

Sir Post-a-lot bobblehead is on a distinguished road bobblehead's Avatar
    Fox Meadows is a nice course...just watch out for the foxes as they will steal your golf balls. I had it happen to me and it was my best drive of the round.

8 Iron stanley is on a distinguished road
    I am also a "misplaced islander" and go home every summer. I just got back
    We did play Glasgow Hills. Very nice. Make sure you take a cart, at least for the back nine. There's lots of others, but the Rodd's (Crowbush, Brudenell, Dundarave) are still on top, IMO.

It seems the island is having some tourism problems, as it has been down substantially down for the last couple of years. There are now 31 courses on the island, and not enough locals to fill them up. A few will go under in the next year or so, I suspect.

But guys, if you're from the island-you'll have to prove you're a "local" if you want the "island rate." We played Glasgow Hills for 65$ plus tax and cart, and our neighbor up there is playing Glasgow Hills this week for 53$.....cart included.

Gauging the tourists.

Thread Information