CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road

Course Conditions 2022

Played Metcalfe 9-hole course this morning. Cart path only on holes 1-8, but only 3 and 4 were spongy and had standing water in the fairway. A couple of bunkers on 5 and 6 had water in them. The 18-hole course was cart path only on the original 9 holes (1 to 6 and 16-18), but I was told by another member that only the usual suspects had standing water (3, 6, 16 and 18). Greens were a little slow but decent enough for early spring.

4 Iron SecondChance is on a distinguished road
    Manderley

Played last week. Course is still very wet in the fairway as probably with most courses. On the holes that they allow playing, greens are slow but in excellent shape and no winter kills. Very very busy courses this time of the year so slow going if you play weekends. Overall enjoyable walk.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played the Meadows, a few holes with water in certain areas, greens were in excellent shape. Overall in great shape. No spring rates, full pop out of the gate.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Played the Meadows, a few holes with water in certain areas, greens were in excellent shape. Overall in great shape. No spring rates, full pop out of the gate.
    Yup $61 to walk on Saturday past , course is in decent shape , #8 east green is toast , the rest weathered well over the winter
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Mountain Creek today and it was very wet.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Yup $61 to walk on Saturday past , course is in decent shape , #8 east green is toast , the rest weathered well over the winter
    I forgot to mention that I had only played the South and West nines...for my review...

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Mapleview is in pretty good shape, the greens were pretty good and rolling very fast but need about another week of growth so they can be cut and roll a little more true. The fairways were good too.
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Mapleview is in pretty good shape, the greens were pretty good and rolling very fast but need about another week of growth so they can be cut and roll a little more true. The fairways were good too.
    Was it wet at all?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    It was decent but I had to clean my ball a couple of times
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

8 Iron cpal is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone played Pineview this week? Curious if it's dried up or if there's still standing water, etc.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Unfortunatly Buckingham has some winter kill problems in fairways and greens are not great. Another month of warm weather and sunshine should bring it back to good conditions.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cpal View Post
    Has anyone played Pineview this week? Curious if it's dried up or if there's still standing water, etc.
    The course is drying out but it is by no means dry. Hopefully the next few days of warmer weather will help.

Carts are being allowed on the Championship Course starting Saturday April 30th. Strictly cart path only.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Update on Metcalfe. Cart restrictions are present on 3-4 of the 9-hole course and 16-18 on the 18-hole course. I played the 9-hole course this morning and only the 4th hole had any standing water and the 3rd hole was dry except for one fairway bunker. The 16th and 17th hole on the 18-hole course looked OK although I did not walk them. There was a little water on 18 (let's not discuss how I know that). The greens were decent - a few brown spots here and there but faster than last week. I'm sure the 18-hole course was in better shape overall, but I haven't played it yet.

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    Cedarhill was a fun day. Good pace for a beautiful Sunday afternoon, 4:10. Cart path only but you could see most people walking. Lots of soft spots but no real standing water. No plugged balls but not much roll either. Greens were pretty fast for this time of year. Tees could use some care, and some seed. Looking forward to playing here again this year.

Canadian West

Very nice condition. Course is dry and only a couple of small wet areas on the few fairways.
    Hole #8 is under construction so you play the tiny par 3 at the starting area as replacement.
    A couple of greens were sanded/fertilized but it is rolling well. All greens are in excellent shape with no winter kill.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Has anyone played Smiths Falls yet this year....Interested to hear abut the current conditions.
    Thanks

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Dragonfly yesterday. Overall decent conditions. Greens were very hard and on the slow side, but not way slow. High approaches that hit the green left NO BALL MARKS.

A few moist spots. The only really squishy area was in front of #18.

One of our group hit into the sand trap beside #2. Traps were playable so he gives it a good swing and splashes the ball onto the green. We all look at him as the sound of his club hitting the trap was a "thunk" .... and then water starts coming out of the ground, and develops into an 8 foot geyser. Seems the water system runs under the trap, and the sand was raked to within an inch of the large plastic pipe. WTF ??? Who does that ??

Every round is an adventure.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Can anyone comment on Casselview conditions, I am playing there on Monday
    Lefty Lucas

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Golfed at Casselview opening day and the conditions were good, greens had been punched.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    Stittsville not so good , seems like they are redoing all the bunkers in one shot.
    Price is very good but comparable to the conditions.

Putter frankp012 is on a distinguished road
    Has anyone gotten out to Smugglers Glen yet??

Nation

Course is dry. A few fairways on Front 9 have winter kills, some are quite large. Should recover with some warmth. Greens are in very nice shape.

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    Meadows at $61 for that course, walking! That's crazy!!!!

Played Casselview, pretty decent conditions, the greens should be in great condition after this week of sun
    Lefty Lucas

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by frankp012 View Post
    Has anyone gotten out to Smugglers Glen yet??
    Was trying to get there on Friday but no go. It’s usually in good shape early on but sometimes a bit wet
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Heading out to the Canadian today" condition anyone?

A friend played the East course yesterday and said the greens were very good. I practice there and the practice greens are excellent. The pro said that all the greens on the West are same as the practice greens, so I would expect them to be very good as well. Have fun.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    A friend played the East course yesterday and said the greens were very good. I practice there and the practice greens are excellent. The pro said that all the greens on the West are same as the practice greens, so I would expect them to be very good as well. Have fun.
    meadows?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Sorry, this was for the Canadian. I forgot to quote the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Sorry, this was for the Canadian. I forgot to quote the original post.
    Koko, yes the west greens are very nice for this time of year. Very little winter kill in fairways.

Thread Information