CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    Sorry to usurp this thread, but, speaking of the Mississippi Golf Club, a gem in the Ottawa area, all are saddened by the recent passing of Mississippi's former membership director, Brenda (Lecuyer) Hart.

As fine a person as one could meet, the community around that club and those beyond who knew Brenda all shed a tear for this wonderful person who touched so many in her life. On behalf of the Ottawa Golf Forum, may I offer our condolences to her family.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    plus they are offering $1 off green fees for every 10km you drive to get there (they check your drivers license I believe).

Call them for more details as I am not sure if this applies to all the rates and times.
    Yup I called today to inquire,thing is they give you that deal weekdays afternoons only and you must rent the power cart..since I only walk that counts me out but at least they are trying to save people a few bucks..good on them

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Played Dragonfly at the weekend and the course is in good shape , the greens werea bit shaggy but overall the place was worth the visit
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Metcalfe is in very good condition especially the greens which are a bit firm but they are spotless and rolling really true. Played there first time this year and really impressed.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Played Stittsville early this morning. Tees are good. Fairways are really good (a few holes with RESEEDING areas to make it even nicer). Greens were rolling quickly and true. Nice to see new designs around several greens where the old "one big sand bunker" has been reshaped into multiple bunkers. Stittsville Golf is in good condition tee through green.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Played upper canada today.Greens are rolling great and course is in great shape. Worth the drive.
    Last edited by slash; 07-15-2022 at 06:13 PM.

2 Iron scrollerpete is on a distinguished road
    Played Canadian on Monday, the course is in great shape, golf carts are as comfy as a lazy boy, the greens are PERFECT as far as I am concerned and the marshals are friendly and helpful. It was a bit slow but the course was full, very enjoyable day.
    scrollerpete

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaganold View Post
    Played Stittsville early this morning. Tees are good. Fairways are really good (a few holes with RESEEDING areas to make it even nicer). Greens were rolling quickly and true. Nice to see new designs around several greens where the old "one big sand bunker" has been reshaped into multiple bunkers. Stittsville Golf is in good condition tee through green.
    Sorry, but I played Stittsville today and while I agree with your assessment of the fairways and greens, the tee boxes were horrible. Couldn't find grass on many of them other than the odd patch. Still a good day to play.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

I agree played Stittsville 2 weeks ago and on the first tee box, you could not find one blade of grass
    scrollerpete

Quote Originally Posted by scrollerpete View Post
    I agree played Stittsville 2 weeks ago and on the first tee box, you could not find one blade of grass
    wow conflicting comments,who do you believe,but I think I would believe scrollerpete since most courses are sufferring with poor tee boxes at least on the public courses

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Have played Cartier 2 weeks ago much better shape than last year..those greens on #5 and #6 came back to playable..
    Played Chateau Cartier yesterday and not many golfers. The fairways were brown and hard, lots of roll. The greens had dead patches and lots of pot marks.

3 Iron rad is on a distinguished road
    played stonebrige, its in pretty good shape and fairly empty

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Played Smugglers last week and it was in fantastic condition.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    played stonebrige, its in pretty good shape and fairly empty
    For me, I would rather wait until the full 18 is open. I want to see all the changes.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Played Kingsway for the first time and had a great time. Fairways and greens in great shape and very walkable for seniors and will be back !

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Renfrew and Oaks of Cobden both in excellent shape. Oaks greens are fairly firm, Renfrew's much more receptive. $45+tax to play at Renfrew for golf and cart and it was full.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Played Whitetail yesterday. First time for me and very glad I did. Overall conditions were very good with not many bugs at all. Some of the tee box placements were pretty beat up.

Greens were slow and soft so approaches at almost any angle hit and stuck, or rolled but stayed on the green. Good thing too as most of the greens were well protected so you did NOT want to stray too far off. If they were hard and fast like a lot of the other courses it would have been a miserable day.

A bit of a drive from Nepean, but nice to try a new course.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Played Mont Ste Marie today and what gorgeous greens..all 18 just immaculate,soft feel due to recent rain I assume,fairways 8 out of 10 but the only issue was the slow check in due to short staffed..will be back
    Last edited by justdoit; 07-28-2022 at 01:39 PM.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Anyone play Mt Tremblant course’s lately?

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Just played le diable and the back nine greens were in horrible shape
    Patchy greens
    Fairways were in fair shape
    Tee boxes weren’t great either
    Not really worth the price
    4 30 hour rounds just after noon
    Will play tomorrow manitou and royal laurentian and will report the shape on those two courses
    Cheers

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Anyone play Mt Tremblant course’s lately?
    I played them back in mid-june, Géant was horrible, Diable front nine OK, back nine not so good. Read my post "Tremblant Courses"

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Played Lachute #2 , greens very nice and fast ..enough, fairways 9 out 10. Really beautiful course layout.

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donquijote View Post
    Just played le diable and the back nine greens were in horrible shape
    Patchy greens
    Fairways were in fair shape
    Tee boxes weren’t great either
    Not really worth the price
    4 30 hour rounds just after noon
    Will play tomorrow manitou and royal laurentian and will report the shape on those two courses
    Cheers
    Really interested on your Royal Laurentian experience. Thinking of playing Heritage, Royal and Nominigue. Played Le Diable and every bunker was so full of rocks and greens were so slow. Cool layout but conditions didn’t match the price.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    Really interested on your Royal Laurentian experience. Thinking of playing Heritage, Royal and Nominigue. Played Le Diable and every bunker was so full of rocks and greens were so slow. Cool layout but conditions didn’t match the price.
    Heritage greens were awful in June. Not sure they could have recovered by now.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Seasoned Veteran donquijote is on a distinguished road donquijote's Avatar
    Manitou Was a good choice for a short course and less than $50 green fees
    Greens were ok
    Tee boxes were a bit bad
    Royal Laurentian was in excellent shape
    greens were nice and receptive
    Really worth the trip just for that course

3 Wood cruxradio is on a distinguished road
    Also had a round at Royal Laurentian this past weekend, the conditions are perfect. They have signs in many spots to prevent you from driving across the fairway, makes a positive impact for sure.
    The Falcon was also perfect condition. Spectacularly maintained.
    The Oasis, satisfactory+, the greens were all in great shape, but a couple of rough spots on the course here in there. Outstanding layout though.
    Montebello also satisfactory+, greens were great albeit not speedy, some rough spots throughout the course here and there. They do have 25% off tee times after 12:30 makes it a good deal.

Played Sandpoint (Arnprior) yesterday, real busy, don’t know why because the only thing that was good was the greens, fairway was like British Open fairway this year, all brown and running like hell, tee blocks hardly any grass on them. We saw at least 4 sprinklers around the green leaking, but not a drop on the fairway. Not worth the gas money.
    scrollerpete

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Played Sandpoint (Arnprior) yesterday, real busy, don’t know why because the only thing that was good was the greens, fairway was like British Open fairway this year, all brown and running like hell, tee blocks hardly any grass on them. We saw at least 4 sprinklers around the green leaking, but not a drop on the fairway. Not worth the gas money.
    Some comments on Google reviews from disgruntled employees about unfair wages . Wonder if it was true or not but it seems that there is no maintenance for the course. It was completely neglected borderline Les Vieux Moulin condition. Such a shame because with previous years the course was an enjoyable walk with easy layout.

We just realized that we were overcharged $10. On green fees and so far no reply after numerous phone calls. No going there anymore.
    scrollerpete

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    We just realized that we were overcharged $10. On green fees and so far no reply after numerous phone calls. No going there anymore.
    Drive the extra 15/20 mins and play the Oaks of Cobden, or Renfrew, both are in great shape
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information