100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sand Wedge charronja is on a distinguished road
    I remember playing in the tall pines of Georgia. I can't remember what the fairways were like. I wonder why. Although I did have 3 birdies that day and shot 86. Weird game, this game of golf.

Way Beyond Help Colby is on a distinguished road Colby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Yeah and your last memory is playng 2 rounds at Firestone? Laugh all you want you golf you
    Nah, we played a mixed up round at a muni here in Louisville this morning. Quail Creek. Played a mix of blues and whites, it's what the group wanted. Pull, pull, pull. I thought I was skeet shooting! I was lucky to come away with a 93. There must have been 8-10 blind tee shots. Never having played the course, I was in trouble a couple of times (couple of dozen...)
    It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.
    Colby

GolfPig of the Year 2006 Golfbum is on a distinguished road
    What I remember most about my last round?

Getting soaked to the skin as we played the last 7 holes in a steady rain (Luckily I had the big carry bag and had my rain jacket and umbrella in it )

Chipping in on the 10th from the back of the green for a smooth birdie. Stepping up on the 14th tee box and ripping a drive 290 yards with a nice draw. 100 yards in with a SW for a 2 foot birdie putt and made it.

Getting the hell off the course coming down 18 as the lightning was flashing all about us. Made boogie to shoot 76.

Oh and the laughs with the other two guys I played the round with. Of course that is the most important thing to remember about any round of golf. Afterall folks to us it is just a game.
    Having an ice cold Coors Light after the round

LIFE IS GOOD
    My opinions are my own, I do not follow others.

Must be Single 1972Apex is on a distinguished road 1972Apex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kilbank
    Fine example you two set.
    LOL! I didn't mean it the way you think. I thought he was using the irons I loaned him!

Singles Match Play Champ 2010 Ruskie is on a distinguished road
    Hmm... let's see... It's gotta be following a 45 on the front with a 67 on the back. Every odd-numbered hole on the back was in the 9-12 range.

Oh well, at least the driver was working, feels good to not have to worry about the bananas

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Golfbum
    Having an ice cold Coors Light after the round
    Coors light...thats something I'd want to forget.

Hopelessly Addicted el tigre is on a distinguished road el tigre's Avatar
    Actually hit my best shot of the year during my last round. On the 6th hole at Metcalfe (the old #15), I was in the right rough (as usual) with my view of the green blocked by trees. Hit a 7-wood over the trees to within a foot of the hole for a tap-in birdie. Didn't even realize how good it was until I got to the green and almost putted the wrong ball!

Of course, the rest of the round I played like crap.
    [COLOR=green][B]Golf is a game invented by the same people who think music comes out of bagpipes.[/B][/COLOR]

6 Iron Moose Head is on a distinguished road Moose Head's Avatar
    Played Cloverdale Links for the first time on Sunday. I managed to keep the ball out of the fescue on the front nine and shot a 43 (hit 4 bunkers). Wasn't so luchy on the back nine as I went in the fescue on 5 occasions. Shot a 48 with a birdie. Keeping the ball in play is so critical as I lose around 5 strokes everygame due to lost balls.

That birdie makes up for everything as i had a 280 yard drive in the middle of the fairway and a second shot within 4 feet of the pin.

bbad
    Quote Originally Posted by Colby
    Never having played the course, I was in trouble a couple of times (couple of dozen...)
    And how is that any different from a normal round of golf?????????

Call me when you get back and we'll get Jeff and go out.

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 BC MIST is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent 99
    What do you remember the most about the last game you played?
    Playing mens' night Tuesday and surprisingly, winning a skin on #16 Greensmere, a very easy birdie hole. Then fiinding out that there had been an error made and another player had actually made an eagle three on 16 and deserved the cash that had already been deposited in to my pocket. Sadly, I had to give the money back to the deserving winner.

Seriously, what I remember most about the round is how much my putting, which has always been my Achilles heel, has improved. Five birdies in the 18 holes played. I was actually excited about getting to the green to putt which was a rather foreign feeling.

3 Iron ros_bif is on a distinguished road ros_bif's Avatar
    playing manderley this evening, Central 7 (old 15), had a 1/2 decent drive but nothing special...drew it into the right rough...the kind of drive that lets you go for it...but that you wish was 20 yards further ... had a 210 yrd carry to get over the water, and hit a 4 iron dead straight and pure ~220.

it sat down beautifully 6ft in front of it's mark 1/3 way up the green, 15 feet short of the hole for an easy birdie (also known as a missed eagle )

3 Iron fmanning is on a distinguished road fmanning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ros_bif
    playing manderley this evening, Central 7 (old 15), had a 1/2 decent drive but nothing special...drew it into the right rough...the kind of drive that lets you go for it...but that you wish was 20 yards further ... had a 210 yrd carry to get over the water, and hit a 4 iron dead straight and pure ~220.

it sat down beautifully 6ft in front of it's mark 1/3 way up the green, 15 feet short of the hole for an easy birdie (also known as a missed eagle )
    That's the exact same hole my memory is from...hehe. I duck-hooked my drive right...landing it nicely in the middle of the 3rd fairway. I had about 250-ish to the green, and I b1tchslapped a 3wood that landed just off the back of the green in the grassy embankment. Finished with a par (the chip was a toughie) but that 3 wood was probably the best shot I hit all day.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Ok new memories of yesterday round. Played Le Sorcier and was on the 11th hole par 5. Tee shot starts to head towards the trees and had to hit provisional ball. Find ball after it hit trees and landed in the middle of the fairway. Hit a 4 iron but that hit another tree in the fairway and drops right there in the middle of the fairway again. Proceed to hit 3 wood into greenside bunker. Find ball in heel mark on downslope of bunker, and blast it out over the lip of the bunker, it hits and rolls into the cup for a birdie 4. Kinda funny since it's my second hole out form a bunker this year and I had never done that before, in 27 years of playing. Gotta luv this game.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Founder Kilroy is on a distinguished road Kilroy's Avatar
    I had a feeling that story would end up here.

Amateur Golfpeasant is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Karam
    Ok new memories of yesterday round. Played Le Sorcier and was on the 11th hole par 5. Tee shot starts to head towards the trees and had to hit provisional ball. Find ball after it hit trees and landed in the middle of the fairway. Hit a 4 iron but that hit another tree in the fairway and drops right there in the middle of the fairway again. Proceed to hit 3 wood into greenside bunker. Find ball in heel mark on downslope of bunker, and blast it out over the lip of the bunker, it hits and rolls into the cup for a birdie 4. Kinda funny since it's my second hole out form a bunker this year and I had never done that before, in 27 years of playing. Gotta luv this game.
    Cool. This rings a bell with me because I played at Sorcier about 2 weeks ago, and was having problems with my driving....I went into the trees about 9 times...and came out 9 times.

Eagle TA 845 is on a distinguished road
    Played Emerald Links Wednesday and went triple, birdie, birdie, triple on the last 4 holes... now that's consistency!

Mark

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    My last round memories, today, was more about playing with a fellow Ottawa Golf member. The Saint (AKA Chris), is a great guy to play a round of golf with, and not a bad golfer either. Although we both struggled at some points throughout the day. But if not enjoying the golf at least enjoy the company.

Putter psteverific is on a distinguished road
    Playing through the sprinklers on the 2nd and 4th holes. Ahhh, I needed something to help me wake up anyhow.

Today I get to remember watching my approach shot at Manderley South #4. From beside the right hand 150 marker, with a 7 wood, it sailed slightly right of the pin, took a nice kick left rolling towards the pin and dissapeared. Yup. Eagle 2.

Must be Single mberube is on a distinguished road mberube's Avatar
    Having not hit golf balls for three weeks and then shot a 76 at Kingsway Saturday “with a stupid two feet tap-in miss ending up to be a bogey” . Not bad for only 12 games this year.
    Strive for perfection, but never expect it!

Uber Poster Paulio is on a distinguished road Paulio's Avatar
    Gosh.. you might just be a 2 handicap by the years end. My pick for comeback player of the year: Dan Kilbank.

Hehehe. Gotta catch Darrell.

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Played Mtn. Crk. on Monday. Buddy needed a cart (bad Knees). We had the place to ourselves and got in 27 holes in 4 hours & ten minutes.....

Very Nice. Try it sometime!!!!

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Total opposite for me faldo. Played Mtn Crk yesterday and was at 3h20min and waiting on the 13th tee. Owners father was in the group ahead of us, who's going to tell him to speed it up . Glad I am a member there, decided to leave and go home. Was getting way to hot anyways.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Johnston
    Owners father was in the group ahead of us, who's going to tell him to speed it up . .
    I would. What kind of example is he trying to show. How to play golf in 6 hours and still have fun? Try that on a weekend morning.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Thread Information