+ Reply to Thread
    Pitching Wedge MS1 is on a distinguished road

Hyland Waitlist !!!~

I have been on the waitlist at the Hylands since the fall. No word yet. I am on the waitlist now at Rideau View !! Anyone know more about what the deal is?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Have the GMs given you any indication of how long the lists are?

I'm pretty sure every private club has a waitlist now and priority will be given for full senior memberships over intermediate.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

I am full senior unfortunately. No indication from Hylands, just the "we will get to you when we get to you" . Rideau view is very likely this year but I pay a $1000 and get 5 rounds of golf. I can take my money back anytime.

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MS1 View Post
    I have been on the waitlist at the Hylands since the fall. No word yet. I am on the waitlist now at Rideau View !! Anyone know more about what the deal is?
    I'm sure every club is different, but we have a waitlist at Metcalfe and returning members have until February 1st to renew their membership. So I'm sure Hylands and other clubs have a similar drop-dead date for returning members, and then those on the waitlist are contacted. Patience, grasshopper! Your time will come.

Our drop dead date was last November.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Our drop dead date was last November.
    Which club?

Rideauview.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    I'm sure every club is different, but we have a waitlist at Metcalfe and returning members have until February 1st to renew their membership. So I'm sure Hylands and other clubs have a similar drop-dead date for returning members, and then those on the waitlist are contacted. Patience, grasshopper! Your time will come.
    Hylands drop dead date was November. I also know that the Junior waiting list is the longest it has ever been, so perhaps it is similar for Full Memberships.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    If you aren’t going onto the fully privileged wait list or whatever the unrestricted membership is I wouldn’t even bother. We have had a guy waiting as the 1st (next) person in line in the intermediate category and he has not moved in 3 years. Last club email indicated that there are 40+ people on the wait list for FPG and 30+ for intermediate. Plus initiation fees continue to rise. Covid has been an incredible boon for local golf. It just hasn’t been great for the golfing diehards who were around pre 2020.

Ok , it would be nice to know which club ? Is that the hylands? Wonder if ottawa has any clubs without a waitlist?

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    Im not sure where you live it the city but I’m fairly certain Camelot has a few spots left in their Regular Membership category before the wait list starts. Depending on your age, I think there may be some availability in the top tier of the Intermediate category as well. Send me a DM and I can get you some more details.

Quote Originally Posted by MS1 View Post
    Ok , it would be nice to know which club ? Is that the hylands? Wonder if ottawa has any clubs without a waitlist?
    I’m at Hunt

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    If you aren’t going onto the fully privileged wait list or whatever the unrestricted membership is I wouldn’t even bother. We have had a guy waiting as the 1st (next) person in line in the intermediate category and he has not moved in 3 years. Last club email indicated that there are 40+ people on the wait list for FPG and 30+ for intermediate. Plus initiation fees continue to rise. Covid has been an incredible boon for local golf. It just hasn’t been great for the golfing diehards who were around pre 2020.
    So so true. 2,240,777 scores posted in Ontario in 2019....2,782,233 in 2021...that's 540,000 more rounds and that's just players who actually keep and post a handicap. It must be close to a 50% increase in rounds played when casual golfers are included. A boom indeed but tough on us old gatekeepers.

Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    So so true. 2,240,777 scores posted in Ontario in 2019....2,782,233 in 2021...that's 540,000 more rounds and that's just players who actually keep and post a handicap. It must be close to a 50% increase in rounds played when casual golfers are included. A boom indeed but tough on us old gatekeepers.
    Exactly how I see it. This is a pivotal season coming up.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    It would be an interesting golf season for sure as now we are moving into less travel restrictions. So for all those people who were not able to go away, this might be the year to do it.

I got confirmation that the Rideau view is a 2 year wait. Nothing from Hylands yet. Camelot is too far for me and they have significantly increased their initiation. Maybe Carleton Yatch or one of the public courses for me this year. I am in the Glebe so not many options within 20-25 mins.

Forum Jedi XTOUR is on a distinguished road XTOUR's Avatar
    Hylands is very slow at getting back to you. November was the cut off date for members to renew. I know last year there was a waitlist and heard of many stories where guys put membership on hold and are still waiting to get back in due to the demand.
    Proud member of the 2010, 2011 ,2012 OG vs TGN RYDER CUP
    Captain of 2012 Team OG Ryder Cup Champions!

No luck for this year. On the waitlist for rideauview and hylands.

Thread Information