CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Ace Travis is on a distinguished road

Modern Golf coming to Ottawa…TXG next?

Saw online last week that Modern Golf, a high-end, brand-agnostic custom golf club fitting facility, announced that they will be opening up a new location in Ottawa.

And with the news of TXG’s sale to Club Champion last week, we are likely going to see TXG locations across the country popping up, and hopefully we will get one here in Ottawa as well. It’s a well known fact that Ottawa is one of, if not the most golf hungry regions in the country and I’d imagine that we are at or near the top of their expansion list.

As someone who is unable to be best fit for clubs with standard OEM stock fitting cart offerings, this is really exciting news.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    Saw online last week that Modern Golf, a high-end, brand-agnostic custom golf club fitting facility, announced that they will be opening up a new location in Ottawa.

And with the news of TXG’s sale to Club Champion last week, we are likely going to see TXG locations across the country popping up, and hopefully we will get one here in Ottawa as well. It’s a well known fact that Ottawa is one of, if not the most golf hungry regions in the country and I’d imagine that we are at or near the top of their expansion list.

As someone who is unable to be best fit for clubs with standard OEM stock fitting cart offerings, this is really exciting news.
    I’ve heard good things. Couple of buddies have used the location by the airport in Toronto. It’s VERY expensive but will have you dialled in. Would love a teaching facility closer to the south end - Manotick / Barhaven / Riverside South. Fingers crossed

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    East end.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    East end.
    Dang

Does Matt Robinson do anything indoors over the winter?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    I asked when they posted on TGN.

This was their response: Very central location, on a main artery. Thrilled with it! The street was our target. More details coming soon

https://www.torontogolfnuts.com/foru...wa-summer-2022
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    The Sears store has been sitting empty, why not the St Laurent Shopping Centre ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    The Sears store has been sitting empty, why not the St Laurent Shopping Centre ?
    Perhaps the cost of being at a mall and that place is huge and probably way too much space for them. I'd imagine industrial park type places would be more economical.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Yeah, if I was setting up the business I’d be looking at the industrial park off Antares (close to Hunt Club/Carleton/Rideau View and high earning south-end residents) or in the Canotek Park (closer to the main 417 artery, Camelot, Royal Ottawa, Rockcliffe/Rothwell residents)

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Let's intice Modern Golf to get in on I this, whomever guesses the location (general gets a free driver fitting! Fat chance LOL
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post

Has anyone heard what happened to Modern Golf's planned opening in Ottawa ?

Doesn’t appear to be happening anymore. Too bad. Was looking forward to visiting them once they opened.

3 Wood MarcArt is on a distinguished road MarcArt's Avatar
    I recently spoke with Al Bezanson (formerly the clubfitter, and the 'Al' in Al's Clubhouse), and he said a chap bought his equipment and has set up in South Mountain.
    Al did mentioned the man's name, but I was with Al at the very worthwhile Erik Bekkers Charity Fundraiser Golf Tournament for Habitat for Humanity, and didn't take note it.

Does anyone know of this clubfitter?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcArt View Post
    I recently spoke with Al Bezanson (formerly the clubfitter, and the 'Al' in Al's Clubhouse), and he said a chap bought his equipment and has set up in South Mountain.
    Al did mentioned the man's name, but I was with Al at the very worthwhile Erik Bekkers Charity Fundraiser Golf Tournament for Habitat for Humanity, and didn't take note it.

Does anyone know of this clubfitter?
    I've been there, he's set up inside his garage and has a mat outside that hits into his huge field. When I went there he had just moved and hasn't finished setting up his swing set up yet. So I just got my shafts replaced and putter shortened. It's a small trip down the 416 and then a some. Keeping in mind the small journey you'd have to make if you were to order new shafts or anything he doesn't have on hand you'll have to make a second trip out to pick them up. I just ended up making a tee time at the south mountain course to test out the clubs after coming back to pick them up.

Thread Information