CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar

Graphite shafts in irons

Well after many years of fighting it, i have crossed over to the 'dark' side. LOL.I had a set of Tensei light shafts installed in my AP2 irons. I look forward to hitting them and see what all the hype is about. i expect to gain a yard or two and a bit higher ball flight or at least maintain the distance i had last year. Anyone else doing mods to their equuip. as they grow older? Come on golf season !!!

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Hi Marcos, well you are a couple of years behind me, it's tough to see dimishing distances as you age. I had a cpuple of prblems with my legs (torn menicus and hip flexer) so it affected my swing and power greatly. As a result I switched to a stack and tilt and I was amazed at the distance that came back. I am hitting distances like I did 10 years ago.As for equipment well I have always tinkered with that as a club maker so I can support the switch to graphite from steel. I already hit irons high enough so that is not an issue. At my age concentrating on hitting the centre of the face is key. Unless you can devote several hours a day to fitness and SS training then increasing Swing speed is not likley.

I switched to Matrix Program F15 shafts in my RSI2 irons and those shafts were really flying the ball high so they help
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Hi Marcos, well you are a couple of years behind me, it's tough to see dimishing distances as you age. I had a cpuple of prblems with my legs (torn menicus and hip flexer) so it affected my swing and power greatly. As a result I switched to a stack and tilt and I was amazed at the distance that came back. I am hitting distances like I did 10 years ago.As for equipment well I have always tinkered with that as a club maker so I can support the switch to graphite from steel. I already hit irons high enough so that is not an issue. At my age concentrating on hitting the centre of the face is key. Unless you can devote several hours a day to fitness and SS training then increasing Swing speed is not likley.

I switched to Matrix Program F15 shafts in my RSI2 irons and those shafts were really flying the ball high so they help
    I am gonna look at the 'stack and tilt' swing to see if its something i could work on this winter. Thanks for the info buddy.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    No convincing needed here , I have stiff recoils in my Ping i500s and love them , faster club head speed , higher flight , less strain on hands and wrists, I used them all last season and loved them.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    No convincing needed here , I have stiff recoils in my Ping i500s and love them , faster club head speed , higher flight , less strain on hands and wrists, I used them all last season and loved them.
    Good to hear Will. You guys are way younger than i am so i am encouraged, lol Kidding

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    I switches my Titleist AP3 from NSPro 950 to Steelfiber i80 2 yrs ago and love em !! Got some yardage back as well 👍 this year i changed my 816 hybrids from NS Pro to Steelfiber HLS70 .... awesome !! A whole new game !! With the slower swingspeed and better control im in play more and actually had more games in the 70s 😁👍 cant wait to get back at it 😁
    if i could only putt !!

Consistently present bobbyc is on a distinguished road bobbyc's Avatar
    But still have to play ns pro in my wedges .... graphite not right yet 😪
    if i could only putt !!

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyc View Post
    I switches my Titleist AP3 from NSPro 950 to Steelfiber i80 2 yrs ago and love em !! Got some yardage back as well 👍 this year i changed my 816 hybrids from NS Pro to Steelfiber HLS70 .... awesome !! A whole new game !! With the slower swingspeed and better control im in play more and actually had more games in the 70s 😁👍 cant wait to get back at it 😁
    All good Bobby. I am looking forward to playing them this season. I am glad that i got premium graphite shafts as i read that they make all the difference. Cant wait to game them.

Thread Information