CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Sand Wedge 4Right is on a distinguished road

Anywhere still open?

Curious if anywhere is still open for this weekend (Nov 20-21)
    Pineview seems to be available but is still charging $45 a round and you need to pre pay!
    Hoping for a nice fall rate if anywhere else is still open!

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    You may want to call Champlain . Dont know the rate . Also, Packenham and Calabogie may be open. Best of luck

Sand Wedge 4Right is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    You may want to call Champlain . Dont know the rate . Also, Packenham and Calabogie may be open. Best of luck

Thanks man!
    Made a booking at calabogie..same price at pineview basically but I enjoy calabogie much more.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Right View Post
    Thanks man!
    Made a booking at calabogie..same price at pineview basically but I enjoy calabogie much more.
    Your welcome. Enjoy the day. Calabogie is a great track and chalenging.

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Pine View is still open
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    So i guess that's it for golf for 2021?
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    So i guess that's it for golf for 2021?
    Pretty much it buddy. Looks like interior golf until springtime.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Try Crooked Creek in Athens, they were open pretty late last year and no snow that way after today,613-790-4813
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Lob Wedge DJC is on a distinguished road
    Crooked Creek has posted on Facebook that it is open from now until Dec. 17th, no carts.

Putter Lunchmeat is on a distinguished road
    Amazing! Booked Thursday at 11AM.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    You guys must be kidding
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I played there last year and it is definitely for the "hard core" golfer, it's very flat and resembles a farmer's field but hey as I said, if you want to extend your golf season then this will work. I played there last year in December Big Mac and although it was wet I really enjoyed being out especially since the season in 2020 started late. If you play tomorrow then you will only have a little over 4 months before you play again!!
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Lob Wedge DJC is on a distinguished road
    Played course Monday. Inland links style. 1, 4, 5, 6 straight and flat. Short 3rd has a slightly elevated green, big danger left and right. Par-3 7 has elevated green. Par-5 8 has elevated tee requiring big hit over pond. 9 a drivable 255-yd par 4, protected by bunkers and small, big-sloped green. Nice elevation changes on 10, smaller ones on 13 and 14. Dog-legs on 12 and 16. From back tees, course is over 7,000 yards. Might be really nice in the summer. Alas, it is in the middle of nowhere. Owner an interesting guy. Started as assistant pro at Royal Montreal in 70s. Then played mini-tours. Once paired with Moe Norman in an Ontario tournament. Once paired in Florida with Mike Donald (who would soon make it to PGA tour, win in a tournament in 1989, and then finish second to Hale Irwin at 1990 Medinah U.S. Open). Now the owner is just like the early 1900s golf professional: head pro, golf instructor, course superintendent, and course designer. Livin' the dream (my dream!).

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Yes I guess we should all have been there today Merry Christmas everyone
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Yes I guess we should all have been there today Merry Christmas everyone
    A few years ago Brian we would have been out there for sure. We where young and foolish back then LOL. Merry Xmas to you my friend.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Thinking it was a 5 club wind today.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Obviously nothing opened for play, but man this weather is going to be brutal for spring conditions. The freezing, thawing, ice cover. Ugh. Tip my hat to all the grounds staff and head greens keepers who do a great job at all properties - weather is certainly working against them so far.

I am hoping the same, likely any early spring would be negated by courses having to work a little longer to get conditions decent and only if Omicron settles down.
    Lefty Lucas

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    I took my kids sledding at my home course in the East end and there was a thick sheet of ice under the snow almost everywhere. If we don’t get an early thaw it’s going to be brutal this spring.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    I cannot remember a winter this bad for agronomy. The freezing, thawing, ice everywhere. Ugh. I think golfers will need to temper expectations come spring. Maybe it will push some of these newbies out 😉.

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Just received an email from Dragonfly and it's either an early April Fool's joke, or an extreme case of optimism. Here's the key part.

" Our hope is that we are open by April 1st as long as Mother Nature works with us and not against us. There is not a huge amount of snow on the course as of right now (I can see grass on the collar of the green of hole #2) so any stretch of warm weather is going to go a long way towards reaching that opening date goal. Another thing in our favour is the new drainage pipe we laid last year across holes 4 and 6. The new 6 inch drainage pipe will move 50% more water than the old system so we are excited to see the fruits of our labour as the snow melts. "
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    That's the kind of email that brightens your spirit !

Lat year we played our first game on March 31st in Presscot so its a possibility for sure !!!

Nice, I'm lucky here near Perth, Mapleview susally opens very early so hoping for a similar opening date.
    Lefty Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Nice, I'm lucky here near Perth, Mapleview susally opens very early so hoping for a similar opening date.
    I remember playing there on opening day a long time ago Luc with some OG members. Fond memories

3 Iron eez is on a distinguished road eez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    Lat year we played our first game on March 31st in Presscot so its a possibility for sure !!!
    Prescott is usually one of the very first to open, so if Dragonfly is talking April Fool's, I mean April 1st, then Prescott should be right around then.
    You always hit a good shot on 18 to keep you coming back.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    We're usually out just after the weekend of the Masters , so just a few more weeks to go.
    Get your clubs out and clean off the cobwebs
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Thread Information