CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Rivermead is calling you
    Heard it’s a nice place

I’m looking forward to playing it next year when we lose our course for a couple weeks during the LPGA event

5 Wood Pine View is on a distinguished road Pine View's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin View Post
    Hey back-off on Pineview !!
    up front if you want unlimited games 76-thru 100 are $10 each above 100 are free.
    You also have the option of 75 rounds and unlimited on the Executive course which is in my opinion
    a very challenging track with very good greens.

Many of us left Meadows on the dramatic price change and also putting out 2021 rates after remembrance day when they were normally available mid October. didn't mind the money.. did mind the very late date.
    Thank you.

I can assure everyone there was no collusion between courses. Here at Pine View we have stuck to modest price increases for memberships ($50/year). As a result we have had to cap our numbers and have a waiting list.

In order to balance the optimal use of the tee sheet we added a soft cap of 75 games to the base price for memberships. This only applies to the championship course. As noted, rounds 76-100 are just $10 each and 100+ are no additional cost. This only affects about 20 of our members. The vast majority of members play 50-75 rounds and are unaffected.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I have not played Pineview since maybe 5-6 years. Remember enjoying playing the executive on late afternoons. So you are saying that for members who play 100+ this season and want to do the same next year, the increase for 2022 is only 21.5%?

Quote Originally Posted by Pine View View Post
    Thank you.

I can assure everyone there was no collusion between courses. Here at Pine View we have stuck to modest price increases for memberships ($50/year). As a result we have had to cap our numbers and have a waiting list.

In order to balance the optimal use of the tee sheet we added a soft cap of 75 games to the base price for memberships. This only applies to the championship course. As noted, rounds 76-100 are just $10 each and 100+ are no additional cost. This only affects about 20 of our members. The vast majority of members play 50-75 rounds and are unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    I have not played Pineview since maybe 5-6 years. Remember enjoying playing the executive on late afternoons. So you are saying that for members who play 100+ this season and want to do the same next year, the increase for 2022 is only 21.5%?
    The increase from 2021 to 2022 is $50 for all classes of memberships. The 75 round soft cap was in place for 2021. Members can play 75 rounds on the championship course and unlimited rounds on the executive course for the base rate. Rounds on the championship course above 75 are billed at $10 per round to a maximum of 25 rounds.
    This is not the Pine View you remember from years gone by. Come back and see what we have done and what we have in store for the future - www.pineview.com

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    Capping rounds not looking so bad when you read this.....lol
    https://www.golfwrx.com/665536/mlb-a...-country-club/

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dmartin View Post
    Hey back-off on Pineview !!
    up front if you want unlimited games 76-thru 100 are $10 each above 100 are free.
    You also have the option of 75 rounds and unlimited on the Executive course which is in my opinion
    a very challenging track with very good greens.

Many of us left Meadows on the dramatic price change and also putting out 2021 rates after remembrance day when they were normally available mid October. didn't mind the money.. did mind the very late date.
    Yes, I have seen many, many people leave the Meadows as well due to pricing, and we play less and less there every year, and spend less and less in the restaurant and nothing in the pro shop because of it. We play other courses now, instead of giving our money to the Meadows.

As someone else mentioned, the dramatic increases were probably done in part to get rid of the people that play 150-200 rounds, and don't spend any money in the restaurant, pro shop. They show up, play golf, slam the trunk and leave and do not even buy a pop at the course.

The courses are free to do what they want, and me as the consumer, has the choice to decide which course(s) will get and deserve my $$

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by rview1 View Post
    Capping rounds not looking so bad when you read this.....lol
    https://www.golfwrx.com/665536/mlb-a...-country-club/
    Not shocking. I recall days the last two years where there wasn’t a single opening on the entire tee sheet. Hunt has also experimented with a cancellation fee for no shows in the past. If things don’t drift back to pre pandemic levels this season I can see some major upcharges ahead. Again, I’m all for welcoming new people to the game - I think that’s great - but something has to give. And when you have more members than daily tee spots and everyone wants to play someone is inevitably going to end up unhappy. Or as other posters have said, it has made access to the nicer public courses all but impossible.

Thanks for clarification, I guess the big increased was from previous year 2020 to 2021. That explains why I have met some ex-Pineview members this year (at least 4-5 from Pineview and a few others from Meadows). I know some went to Manderley and Carleton golf.

The increase from 2021 to 2022 is $50 for all classes of memberships. The 75 round soft cap was in place for 2021. Members can play 75 rounds on the championship course and unlimited rounds on the executive course for the base rate. Rounds on the championship course above 75 are billed at $10 per round to a maximum of 25 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    Thanks for clarification, I guess the big increased was from previous year 2020 to 2021. That explains why I have met some ex-Pineview members this year (at least 4-5 from Pineview and a few others from Meadows). I know some went to Manderley and Carleton golf.
    I doubt you can find anyone who left Pine View over the changes. They were very well received and all of our high frequency players returned in 2021. All clubs experience a degree of turn over as players move around. It is the nature of the sport. Like most other clubs in the area we now have a waiting list for members. If a golfer moves on then it opens a spot for someone else.

I never asked them the actual reason but I know a group of at least 5 players who switch this year alone. Anyways, all the best on the new rate structure.

I doubt you can find anyone who left Pine View over the changes. They were very well received and all of our high frequency players returned in 2021. All clubs experience a degree of turn over as players move around. It is the nature of the sport. Like most other clubs in the area we now have a waiting list for members. If a golfer moves on then it opens a spot for someone else.

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BogeyGolf View Post
    Yes, I have seen many, many people leave the Meadows as well due to pricing, and we play less and less there every year, and spend less and less in the restaurant and nothing in the pro shop because of it. We play other courses now, instead of giving our money to the Meadows.

As someone else mentioned, the dramatic increases were probably done in part to get rid of the people that play 150-200 rounds, and don't spend any money in the restaurant, pro shop. They show up, play golf, slam the trunk and leave and do not even buy a pop at the course.

The courses are free to do what they want, and me as the consumer, has the choice to decide which course(s) will get and deserve my $$
    Same for us , we're done with Meadows and the way it's being managed.
    They have no loyalty to anyone , so we're just gonna do the same to them.
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    Same for us , we're done with Meadows and the way it's being managed.
    They have no loyalty to anyone , so we're just gonna do the same to them.
    yep, they had a good men's night at one point but no longer. We are moving on.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Thread Information