CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    5 Wood Grabster is on a distinguished road

Equinelle going private?

Spoke to staff at corporate golf.
    They said they won't have equinelle next year. Same goes for EG.

Equinelle going private or at least semi private. Can only play as a member or a guest.

Anyone here this?

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabster View Post
    Spoke to staff at corporate golf.
    They said they won't have equinelle next year. Same goes for EG.

Equinelle going private or at least semi private. Can only play as a member or a guest.

Anyone here this?
    There isn’t a chance they are going private. They are already semi private (a combination of members and green few players). If their tee sheet was full maybe they are just booting the discount providers?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    There isn’t a chance they are going private. They are already semi private (a combination of members and green few players). If their tee sheet was full maybe they are just booting the discount providers?
    That would be my guess.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    Like others have said, I am sure they are dropping the discounters, with golf being so popular this past year or so...and the community expanding with more houses in the area, the demand is there for full retail prices...with golf being so popular...I am sure this will not be the only course to drop discounters...

ok
    Good to hear I can still get on eQuinelle in 2022. It would be better at the discount rate but makes sense with golf still popular.

CorpGolf did lose/drop Marshes this year and it sounds like eQuinelle next year.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Equinelle has too many members/residents. The course is always booked so they dont need the discounted rates any more. They just take up times for other members. The discount clubs only had a very limited number of tee times available to them any way in 2021. Probably a good business decision for them in the short term.

yeah. I'm sure trying to manage tee times for EG and CG just isn't worth the hassle these days.
    Easier just to give it to members or people paying green fees.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    yeah. I'm sure trying to manage tee times for EG and CG just isn't worth the hassle these days.
    Well, a few yrs ago golf was struggling, with less and less people practicing the sport. Pandemic came along with people with more time and $$$ from the Federal govt and all of a sudden the Golf Courses in the area are increasing their prices and are looking at Golf Select and EG as a plague. Well this plague kept some courses open for business for quite a while. Bottom line I don't go to Marshes anymore,.. to expensive... My two cents is , in a few yrs golf will again be struggling for clientele, and again be at discount prices. If it gets to expensive we will do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Well, a few yrs ago golf was struggling, with less and less people practicing the sport. Pandemic came along with people with more time and $$$ from the Federal govt and all of a sudden the Golf Courses in the area are increasing their prices and are looking at Golf Select and EG as a plague. Well this plague kept some courses open for business for quite a while. Bottom line I don't go to Marshes anymore,.. to expensive... My two cents is , in a few yrs golf will again be struggling for clientele, and again be at discount prices. If it gets to expensive we will do something else.
    It’s possible that happens. It’s very cyclical. But who truly knows. Play did drop off this year at our course when travel restrictions eased up but certainly not to the level I anticipated it would. As for looking ahead maybe it stays like this for a few years longer? Maybe it even gets busier? If Equinelle has a full tee sheet it would make zero sense to offer reduced rates. And yes I agree - 3 and 4 years ago golf was in a rut. But not now, not by a long shot. Now you need to plan ahead and get your bookings in earlier which is fine by me. I know it has nothing to do with Equinelle but we booked Cabot for next spring and already things are filling up fast. This might be the pinnacle that golf reaches - it will be interesting to see how long it can be sustained.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    Corporate did noit always have Equinelle and I was surprised they had it this year so no surprise with the full tee sheets that there is no need to offer uo some spots to discounters
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

They didn't have to do much. It seems whatever t times that are not booked afternoon, they gave them to EG players. So when you book with EG, there is a tee time assigned to those spots already. The tee times are mostly in the afternoon (>3pm or twilight) so it's not really ideal but for some it is a chance to play a nicer course in the city at discounted price (~20% off). For budget conscious players, nothing beats discounted golf club membership regardless if these premium courses are going way from the clubs. You can't beat playing at 30$/round where regular this year at most courses are 45-50$/round. I think you will see a drop off in golf players. Everything is going up in the last 6 months - gas price, food, equipment, clothing and some will choose carefully to take their money elsewhere for cheaper. entertainment/relaxation.

Putter KFM613 is on a distinguished road
    Play the courses you can afford and save your shillings to play the better courses. Happy to see golf thriving again and hopefully longterm. The course I play (private) has finally been able to reinvest back into the business, makes for a better experience for all. Great to see busy tee sheets and small business owners doing well throughout the city. I treated myself to a round this year at EQ, the tee sheet was full until 5pm. The course was in great shape and always fun to play. No need for EQ to go private, and they definitely don't need to discount tee times. Great atmosphere with a busy clubhouse.

9 Iron rutkay is on a distinguished road
    In all honesty, some of the EG times provided by the course had about an hour daylight remaining. EG discounted the normal price for its members, but it's a long drive from Orleans to play maybe 6 holes.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KFM613 View Post
    Play the courses you can afford and save your shillings to play the better courses. Happy to see golf thriving again and hopefully longterm. The course I play (private) has finally been able to reinvest back into the business, makes for a better experience for all. Great to see busy tee sheets and small business owners doing well throughout the city. I treated myself to a round this year at EQ, the tee sheet was full until 5pm. The course was in great shape and always fun to play. No need for EQ to go private, and they definitely don't need to discount tee times. Great atmosphere with a busy clubhouse.
    As I said much earlier in the year I preferred to pay full pop for any of my rounds this year---which I did. We are not playing the same amount as years ago but did get in 60 rounds for myself and wife----we did take advantage of senior days but no twilight. Ended up spending 3000.00--all games with cart. Casselview---Nation--Dragonfly--Equinelle--Sandpoint--Mountain Creek--Rockland. Conditions were all good and had no hassle with trying to amalgamate a tee-time with Corporate or EG. Maybe letting the course make a few extra bucks and doing improvements. I can see Equinelle going private---they have the clientele----it would be a shame as I love the course. I wonder what will be in the offing for Stonebridge ????????????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    They pretty much are private already, it's basically impossible to book a foursome on their website considering the members get advanced access to tee times.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    They pretty much are private already, it's basically impossible to book a foursome on their website considering the members get advanced access to tee times.
    I’ve played the course, albeit years ago so I can’t offer a comment on current conditions. Makes you wonder though - if it’s as busy as I’m hearing it is, why don’t they raise their green fee prices substantially?

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    I’ve played the course, albeit years ago so I can’t offer a comment on current conditions. Makes you wonder though - if it’s as busy as I’m hearing it is, why don’t they raise their green fee prices substantially?
    Conditions are always excellent and the course is solid. I guess they could but there aren't a ton of tee times available so I am not sure what different it might make.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    Conditions are always excellent and the course is solid. I guess they could but there aren't a ton of tee times available so I am not sure what different it might make.
    I guess it’s member play than that is filling the tee sheet. Maybe they need to look at raising those annual dues. I mean it sounds like they are in the drivers seat; packed course is a good problem to have. As a member at another course I’m not thrilled with the spike in golf play - but I’ll fully offer that this is a very selfish opinion. We used to be able to secure tee times with practically no advanced notice. Never would have ever thought a ballot wouldn’t hit within 30 minutes of a requested time to now there are days when it’s frankly very hard to find room even as a twosome. I can tell you that initiation prices to join have tripled in the last 5 years. Given the demand I don’t see why they won’t double again.

Anyway, all this is to say that I firmly believe there is more room for golf growth in the city. I especially believe there is room for a high end public course within 30 mins of downtown. You could roll up 3-5 of the present lower end public tracks and replace it with one really nice public facility. That, IMO, would be a home run.

Moderator Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 BogeyGolf is on a distinguished road BogeyGolf's Avatar
    ok
    Good to hear I can still get on eQuinelle in 2022. It would be better at the discount rate but makes sense with golf still popular.

CorpGolf did lose/drop Marshes this year and it sounds like eQuinelle next year.
    It would not surprise me to see The Marshes drop CG and EG shortly as well.

While the sport may be gaining in popularity I think there will be a tipping point if green fees are raised too high. Equinelle is 125.00 with cart and taxes if you can get on. I have paid that 3 times this summer as I felt it was worth it BUT raising it any higher would definitely put it out of the ball park. Say Stonebridge came back on line and decided to raise their prices to match----personally I would not pay 125.00 at Stonebridge.....same for the Marshes. Nation was up there as well but I think distance would dictate how high they can go. Sorcier maybe a little higher but when you factor in the ferry I think they are at the limit as well as Casselview. The middle of the road courses may jump a little but unless they start doing more grooming etc most of them will probably price themselves out of the market. For me a game with another couple is a drive out of the city---breakfast---lunch or dinner at a reasonably taken care of course is a day well spent. It will be an interesting year AND if there continues to be that high a demand you may just see the golf discounters go the way of the dodo bird---------there is just not that much of a savings for a golfer playing 35 to 40 games a year. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    While the sport may be gaining in popularity I think there will be a tipping point if green fees are raised too high. Equinelle is 125.00 with cart and taxes if you can get on. I have paid that 3 times this summer as I felt it was worth it BUT raising it any higher would definitely put it out of the ball park. Say Stonebridge came back on line and decided to raise their prices to match----personally I would not pay 125.00 at Stonebridge.....same for the Marshes. Nation was up there as well but I think distance would dictate how high they can go. Sorcier maybe a little higher but when you factor in the ferry I think they are at the limit as well as Casselview. The middle of the road courses may jump a little but unless they start doing more grooming etc most of them will probably price themselves out of the market. For me a game with another couple is a drive out of the city---breakfast---lunch or dinner at a reasonably taken care of course is a day well spent. It will be an interesting year AND if there continues to be that high a demand you may just see the golf discounters go the way of the dodo bird---------there is just not that much of a savings for a golfer playing 35 to 40 games a year. JMHO
    I suppose this is why the course is packed with members; if that’s your green fee price a membership makes sense - play the course 30 times and you’re ahead money. Plus you have preferred access so you’re getting much better tee times. I honestly didn’t realize green fees were so high at EQ.

Yep---82.00 prime plus cart 20.00 plus tax 116.00--yes I was of a few dollars. Honestly I never asked was a membership was worth and I am sure there are memberships for residents--non residents and they also had a "flex pass" but I think it worked the same as a corporate or EG member.

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Yep---82.00 prime plus cart 20.00 plus tax 116.00--yes I was of a few dollars. Honestly I never asked was a membership was worth and I am sure there are memberships for residents--non residents and they also had a "flex pass" but I think it worked the same as a corporate or EG member.
    Golf Extra $49. plus tax for Equinelle, if you walk and it is easy to walk. Played there 3 times this summer with tee -offs around noon, so Golf Extra is a good buy.

As for Marshes it was not on Golf Extra this year and I will not pay over $100 to play there. 3 yrs ago, when they were starving, a Golf Extra fee to play there was around $50. Watch and wait a couple of years, when things go back to ''normal'', prices will go down.

My preferred course is still Montebello and at $50plus taxes, prime time With cart, is unbeatable. Loch March at $49. plus taxes is also a good deal.

Singles Match Play Champ 2009 Team Match Play Champ 2013, 2014 leftylucas is on a distinguished road leftylucas's Avatar
    I think that s right up there with Smugglers Glenn so not far off
    Lefty Lucas
    I am abidextrous, I once golfed right-handed and now I shoot left-handed just as badly!

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    It's on my list for 2022, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by leftylucas View Post
    Keep an eye out if they do it again this year - but in March 2021 they had an online special. Paid $75 taxes in for a prepaid voucher that consisted of 18 holes, plus cart, a hamburger or sausage at the turn and a sleeve of pro v 1’s. Best deal of the spring IMO. Played it twice, both rounds in April. Almost always start my season at smugglers because it’s open a couple to few weeks before we are.

Thread Information