CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loch March

Must be Single dbleber is on a distinguished road dbleber's Avatar

Loch March

Playing Loch March for the first time on Saturday. Is this comparable to Greensmere Legacy where the driver stays in the bag or is it a bit more forgiving?

I watched some of the videos and layout they have online and it looks quite challenging. Any playing tips?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Depending on which tees you are playing you will need driver but there's plenty of room to hit it.

Very generally speaking, be aware that a lot of holes require you to be in the correct side of the fairway to have an unobstructed shot into the green.

For the most part the course is right in front of you. The only really tricky one is #3. Best play is to hit an iron to past the corner of the dog leg.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    jvincent summarized what I would have mentioned.

to add re: what to expect , my experience is that the course drainage is not great and with the recent rainfall it will likely be sloppy in some areas, lift clean place & some of the rough could be water logged. If you plan on carting it will likely be cart path only and if walking bring some extra socks. Not sure if the bugs are bad this time of year but the course typically has it's share of skeeters.
    It is a nice layout and well groomed, the service is also top notch. Have an enjoyable round.

Thanks for the tips. Playing Saturday so I’m hoping the water will drain a bit but it’s pretty crazy out there. I’ll wear the goretex shoes for sure!

I’ve heard some mix reviews about the staff especially the marshals and how aggressive they can be with hole timings.

Not sure on the tees yet because I joined a single spot but I would think nothing less than the blues but driver plus tree lined fairways and I don’t get along at the moment lol Mississippi has spoiled me with being able to go wild.

Are their greens usually pretty fast? I read some are quite sloped?

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    There are a few greens with distinct levels but other than that I wouldn't call them sloped except for 17. If you are on the correct level they aren't crazy. Off the top of my head the greens with very distinct levels are 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 16.

Personally, I love the 17th green. It's basically a reverse redan if you're a golf nerd. The miss is always short and left to give yourself an uphill putt.
    Last edited by jvincent; 09-23-2021 at 02:06 PM.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Greens have been pretty quick as of last weekend. Rain may slow them down a bit. There is a bit of damage to the very front of number 1 green. looks likes a piece of equipment may have leaked or broken down when cutting the green, but should not be an issue. Also the fringes around green 6 and green 15 are a bit rough. They have had issues with these 2 fringes over the last couple of years. Fairways and tee boxes are always in perfect shape, and the bugs have not been an issue this year. I have not encountered any militant marshalls this year. They are very friendly and helpful.
    The only complaint I have is that people do not fix ball marks on the greens, but this has been an issue at almost every course this year.

Enjoy

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    Greens have been pretty quick as of last weekend. Rain may slow them down a bit. There is a bit of damage to the very front of number 1 green. looks likes a piece of equipment may have leaked or broken down when cutting the green, but should not be an issue. Also the fringes around green 6 and green 15 are a bit rough. They have had issues with these 2 fringes over the last couple of years. Fairways and tee boxes are always in perfect shape, and the bugs have not been an issue this year. I have not encountered any militant marshalls this year. They are very friendly and helpful.
    The only complaint I have is that people do not fix ball marks on the greens, but this has been an issue at almost every course this year.

Enjoy
    Certainly not perfect; I’d categorize them as being good relative to cost of green fee. Expect it to be super wet. There’s been a ton of rain

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    The marshalls this year were very pleasant , the guy at the check in desk however was an absolute ....
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Good layout and greens are easy to putt with a lot of flat greens Course was soggy as hell though and it made it hard for the approach unless you’re the cleanest of pickers. Not as tough as Legacy and I wasn’t a fan of the last two finishing holes. I think 10 would be a better 18th. I’ll be back to play but I think I’ll keep it as a fall course to avoid the bug season. Nice to get to a new track as being as having a membership can get a bit boring after awhile.

Pitching Wedge pwoods72 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post

Enjoy
    So true and very frustrating.

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Loch March has ripped up the 15th green. Looks like it is going to be totally redone and a new bunker looks to be going in just to the right of the existing bunker. Temporary green in front.

Thread Information