CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Lob Wedge rogingat is on a distinguished road

Nation golf course

I hate the new GPS carts at Nation. It cost me over $90. for a round and the damned cart stopped everywhere forcing me to back out in super slow mode. Even 1 wheel off the fairway made it stop. I will never go back.

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    OH----I don't think it was that bad. Sure the carts have a lock-out for prohibited areas. I have played there many times with the new carts with no problems. There is a small problem when coming up 17 but I am sure that wrinkle will be ironed out soon. New carts---great condition---I don't see the problem ????
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Nation Golf Course

Nation Golf is in very very good condition - absolutely gorgeous. I played it last month and recommend everyone to give a try.

Claude and his team take pride in presenting you the very best, without fail.

Don't be alarmed when GPS prevents venturing too far off the fairways and cart paths - but that is exactly how the course remains in perfect condition.

GET A DISCOUNT TO SAVE BIG next time you play at Nation Golf Course,
    click here for OttawaGolf.com special

Join OttawaGolf Mailing List
    Don't miss another deal like this when you subscribe to OttawaGolf.com email list. Receive exclusive OttawaGolf updates, golf promotions and great deals sent to your inbox.
    >> Join now, click here.

Posting Sensei justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeRaganold View Post
    Don't be alarmed when GPS prevents venturing too far off the fairways and cart paths - but that is exactly how the course remains in perfect condition.
    Ummm, sorry but unless you are venturing OB or too close to a green then your golf cart really has no business prohibiting you from going there. Pretty sure that 99% of golfers have missed a fairway more than a couple of times in a round, and if you pay to rent a cart then it should take you there 99% of the time...

...and don't use "course conditioning" as an excuse. Personally I play the ball where it lies and if that happens to be on the wrong side of the cart path then so be it. That is the way the game is supposed to be played.

Nation Golf Course

Quote Originally Posted by justsomeguy View Post
    Ummm, sorry but unless you are venturing OB or too close to a green then your golf cart really has no business prohibiting you from going there. Pretty sure that 99% of golfers have missed a fairway more than a couple of times in a round, and if you pay to rent a cart then it should take you there 99% of the time...

...and don't use "course conditioning" as an excuse. Personally I play the ball where it lies and if that happens to be on the wrong side of the cart path then so be it. That is the way the game is supposed to be played.
    Hey Ummm. Wasn't looking for an argument or have some guy tell me what to use, but thank you very little.

Nation. Great condition.
    GPS is programmed to preserve the course so it remains in "great condition".
    Rent a cart - be aware you can't drive it in the rough.
    Like it or not. That's the way it is.

And if you PLAY THE BALL WHERE IT LIES, you will love this course.

See previous post for great savings at Nation like "$60 includes power cart".

Lots of really good golf deals on top brands like TaylorMade - check out the 3 Day Golf Liquidation Sale ends Thursday. For details, click here.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Carts shouldn’t be restricted from going in the rough but I do agree with restrictions overall as some people just cannot help themselves. We have GPS carts and restrictions and they essentially eliminate the option of going off the paved path on the par threes and within approximately 75 yards of the greens on all other holes. If the course is soft there are daily restrictions that can be adjusted if some holes are cart path only. Coolest carts I’ve seen were at Muskoka Bay this year that showed you the distance to the carts ahead, allowed for real time messaging, ordering from the restaurant, requesting player assistance, beer cart, etc. Our course has individual seating in the carts this year and that is also a nice feature.

Lob Wedge rogingat is on a distinguished road
    Guys, I want to clarify my original post. The cart that I had refused to go off the fairway even just 2 feet! How does that make any sense? Since when is a cart a problem for damaging the rough on the side of the fairway? Just stupid.

Medalist cleek is on a distinguished road
    the only thing I can think of is if the course was wet and playing cart path only? there may be software loaded into the GPS system and when activated it does not allow the cart to stray off of cart path.
    If carts are cart path only 100% of the time then players should be notified in the pro shop prior to renting a cart.

I played Nation in July when temps were in high 20's, plenty of sunshine as we hadn't had rain for weeks. Playing conditions across the entire region were incredible.

At the Nation first tee, the starter kindly explained the onboard GPS would shut down the golf carts should we wander too far into rough. It was then suggested going BEYOND A FEW YARDS off the fairway with the cart would trigger the GPS shutdown.

All was good until my memory failed and inadvertently I reverted to the norm - "Go where my ball goes".

I must say, it was somewhat frustrating but only happened a few time. You see, the GPS reduces the cart speed to a painful crawl so I wanted to avoid that at all costs.

Although it requires a few extra steps walking to the ball, I can say I truly enjoyed the course and recommend everyone to play the Nation.

Don't forget to click & save BIG BUCKS with FALL SPECIALS, click here.

FREE PLAY on your birthday.
    Kids 16 & under play FREE after 2pm.
    $39 preferred rate for members of Corporate Golf Xtra & Executive Golf.
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 09-24-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Putter spanky is on a distinguished road

Nation Golf

hadn't played Nation for about 20 years, but played there last week - excellent condition, great course

Thread Information