CorporateGolfXtra 2024
+ Reply to Thread
    4 Iron wantobegolfer is on a distinguished road wantobegolfer's Avatar

Which hand to set the club with?

I've noticed, when watching pro golfers on t.v., men or women professionals, setting their club down behind the ball, hold their club with their right hand only (right handers, oposite for us lefties or hand lowest on the shaft) and then once set, place their left hand on the club when ready to hit. Is this something alot of you out there do? I'm always setting my club down with my hand that is the closest to the end of the shaft (right hand in my case, lefty). Is there a reason for this method?

Pitching Wedge shankenstein is on a distinguished road

left hand for me

I'm a right handed player. I always square the clubface to the target first, place my left hand on the club with a good comfortable grip and then place my right hand in position on the club.
    I've been taught to use a a left side dominating swing. My left hand controls more of the club through the backswing, downswing and impact and the right hand kinda just goes along for the ride.
    There are many swing types out there, Natural golf, x-factor etc.
    I guess it really depends on your type of swing.
    Left hand first fits my method, but you will have to experiment with your own to find the best for you.

Sand Wedge SwingGuru is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wantobegolfer
    I've noticed, when watching pro golfers on t.v., men or women professionals, setting their club down behind the ball, hold their club with their right hand only (right handers, oposite for us lefties or hand lowest on the shaft) and then once set, place their left hand on the club when ready to hit. Is this something alot of you out there do? I'm always setting my club down with my hand that is the closest to the end of the shaft (right hand in my case, lefty). Is there a reason for this method?
    Take the 10 top players. Watch what they do from the time they pull the club out of the bag to address position. This will be a big help. Finally, adapt the commonalities present in all of the players to fit your personal style. Good luck.
    [url="http://www.swingsensations.com"]http://www.swingsensations.com[/url]

Get your game online....

Thread Information