Hi all. Hope all is well.

Currently I'm taking part in a fundraising campaign to raise awareness and support for spinal cord injuries. The current campaign is focusing on Anne Vant Erve and her 992 km walk from Windsor to Ottawa. Anne is a friend of Travis Iverson, who suffered a severe spinal cord injury two years ago, and is walking to show her support for him.

Thus far the campaign is proceeding along nicely, but with less than two weeks until the August 1st event party, more support is needed. Individual donations can make the difference and donations at the corporate level are always welcomed.

If you can help in anyway to make a difference, it would be greatly appreciated. Donation info is located at the bottom of the Road To Recovery link

Thank You
mrtimman@sympatico.ca

http://www.theroadtorecovery.com/

And please come out to the Barley Mow in Barrhaven Monday (holiday Monday) August 1st, 1-5 pm for the event party featuring Rising Recording Artists Quarter Life

Words from Anne:

To the Citizens of Ottawa:

My name is Anne Vant Erve and I want to challenge you to come together as a city and support a very important cause. Two summers ago, my friend Travis Iverson, an Ottawa native, became a quadriplegic. I vowed to help his family with the financial burden that resulted from the accident and decided to walk across Ontario to raise funds through the Rick Hansen Man in Motion Foundation to support both spinal cord research and a quality of life grant for Travis. I began walking in Windsor on May 23rd and am finishing the last leg of the trip when I walk into Ottawa from the intersection of Riverside and Main to the Canada and the World Pavilion on Sussex Dr. on Saturday July 30th. Fundraising has been a challenge during the trip and I hope I can count on you, the citizens of Ottawa to support this initiative.

Why should you support this cause?

1) You will be making a tangible difference in the life of a young man with quadriplegia by providing funds for a wheelchair accessible van.

2) You will be supporting the very promising future of spinal cord research.

3) If not for Travis or for research, then donate to honour the sacrifice that my mother, my father, my aunt and I have made by planning this journey for the past year and giving up over two months of summer earnings to help out another family.

My goal for the city is that you raise $100 for every kilometer I have walked this summer – that is 992km. Surely in a city of 350 000, there are 1000 individuals, families, groups, or organizations that could spare $100 and make a one-time contribution to The Road to Recovery to support the quality of life of those with spinal cord injuries. So please, don’t leave it up to someone else to make a difference. Here is a chance for you to make a positive impact in your community. Take action and please give generously. Thank you in advance for your generosity. You can make a contribution at the Canada and the World Pavilion on Sussex Dr. on Saturday July 30th from 10:30 to 11:30 or by donating on-line at www.theroadtorecovery.com or mail in a donation by making cheques payable to The Rick Hansen Man in Motion Foundation referencing THE ROAD TO RECOVERY on the cheque and forward it to:

The Road to Recovery

(RHWRE 2004-600)

Rick Hansen Wheels in Motion

5th Floor, 520 West 6th Ave.

Vancouver, BC V5Z 1A1

Consider for a moment, life without the use of your arms and legs, and then consider supporting this cause.