100 Holes of Hope
+ Reply to Thread
    Champion sharkhark is on a distinguished road sharkhark's Avatar

New course East of Gan

I know most of the members are closer to Ottawa, but if you are ever out this way. On Thursday Smuggler's Glen officially opened. It is 9 km east of Gananoque on the 1000 islands parkway.
    I have not played it yet but there has been much talk this past year on just how nice it would be. The picture gallery on the site looks awesome, and for me a mid handicapper a little intimidating. It is definitely target golf, they even say that on their site.
    Going to try and use their opening week special $49 pp inc cart.
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Sorry, should have included the link to their site so you could see the pictures.
    http://www.smugglersglen.com/
    "Chicks dig me, because I rarely wear underwear and when I do it's usually something unusual"

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Looks awsome from the pics. Going to have to get out thereand see for myself.
    I even have a coupon from the golf show.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    And it's a whale of a coupon. Free golf for one anytime Mon-Frid. but only after 12.00 on Sat/Sun/Holidays.

If anybody is probably not going to use theirs by going to Gananoque, I could use an extra as my wife and I are going that way to Lake Huron??

Please & thank you,
    G.

Hopelessly Addicted broken27 is on a distinguished road broken27's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faldo
    And it's a whale of a coupon. Free golf for one anytime Mon-Frid. but only after 12.00 on Sat/Sun/Holidays.

If anybody is probably not going to use theirs by going to Gananoque, I could use an extra as my wife and I are going that way to Lake Huron??

Please & thank you,
    G.
    I can give you mine G.

Dan
    [URL=http://www.sportsfiend.ca/]Sportsfiend.ca - Make You Opinion Into News...

Medalist faldo is on a distinguished road faldo's Avatar
    Thanks Dan. Bring it tomorrow, if you think of it.

Cheers amigo,

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar

coupons

We are camping out at 1000 islands for the week in August, if anyone else got those freebies from Smugler Glen and feeling generous I would gladly accept

Golf Canada Rules Official L4 gbower is on a distinguished road
    Played Smuggler's Glen this morning and all I can say is "WOW". Really a spectacular looking course and although a bit rough around the edges it is well worth the drive and we'll be going back soon for another go at it. When I stepped on the first tee I was wondering what we were in for as it is a par 5 with a big gully to hit over and a big bunker staring at you and the fairway just doesn't look very wide. Well being a short hole it wasn't as bad as it looked and they just got better from there. Nicely placed bunkers and the front nine greens were excellent. The back nine was a bit rough on both fairways and greens but seeing they've only had that open a week it didn't bother us at all. My only complaint about the course is that they need a sign to find it as it's just not visible from the 1000 Island Parkway. They're working on a clubhouse and have a generator for power. If you have the coupons from the golf show use them there or PM me and I'll sure make sure it gets used. It definitely is not a course to walk as it's very hilly and I think most of the time a cart is mandatory.

Fairway Junkie CDELA is on a distinguished road CDELA's Avatar
    Just a tip for anyone heading down-as "Gbower" says it needs a sign......401 W/B,exit at I-81/Bridge to U.S.A., then west on 1000 Island Pkwy. Look for the Glen House Resort entrance on the left-it has 2 large vertical rectangular pillars that frame the entrance,on a small hill.....just before that, at the bottom of the small hill is the entrance to the golf course,on your right....it's the last driveway before the Glen House Resort. I'm sure in time they'll get adequate signs.

Hi all, I started this thread but hadn't played it. Did so a week and a half ago. Great looking course. Actually plays a little easier than it looks. It is still challenging but the fears I had, such as first tee driving over a gully that drops off right in front of you, are not that bad.
    I enjoyed the different elevation changes, almost every hole. My favourite is the 18th. It resembles one of the pga courses (forget which one?) that goes in a half moon shape around the left with water, par 5. I actually got a 7 despite being just short of green in two, but believe it or not it is still my favourite.
    Very, very good friendly service from every single person I encountered. Could be just because they're new? but coming from Toronto where new course or not you are treated like an intrusion, I greatly appreciated the service. Will be back soon!

Championship Cup Eldred is on a distinguished road Eldred's Avatar
    What an amazing course! I caught up with three buddies on Sunday where their round at Smuggler's Glen was a nice finish to a three days golf excursion, but it was my first of three at a place that feels like you are doing tight rope walking. Almost every holes were from elevated tee box. The course is some what short, you could see the fairway all the way to green on each of the par 4s and 5s. BUT the gully, sand traps, and pounds are stratigically placed. Something about seeing all the troubles, made you focus more. My tee balls found the fairways most of the time. In fact, the ball rolled quite a bit with the newly sod and firm fairways. I left my driver at home for obvious reason, but the 3 wood was plenty length. I was able to drive both No.12 par4 240 yards with 5 woods, and No.17th 294 yards with 3 woods. The 12 has a big drop so the yardage was much shorter, but the 17, it must have been from the constant good breeze from the St. Lawrence. BTW 3 putted each of those occasion .

I paid $69.95 for the Sunday morning. Had the two free coupons for Monday but the Misses would rather go shopping, so I went back for more on Thursday.

Thanks Steve Karam for the extra coupon. I did think about your generousity after made a lone birdie while you've got beaned on that same day.

Hall of Fame NoBack is on a distinguished road NoBack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldred

Thanks Steve Karam for the extra coupon. I did think about your generousity after made a lone birdie while you've got beaned on that same day.
    Glad you enjoyed your rounds. Looks like all the reviews are all good. Looking forward to playing there.
    I've spent most of my life golfing .... the rest I've just wasted"
    www.nationalcapitalgolftour.com

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Thanks again to chipandputt for the extra free pass. Just played Smuggler's yesterday. What a beautiful scenic course. From the opening hole and having to play over the gorge to challenging 18th. Course conditions were good considering the course has only been open for a short time. Now that I've played it I think I could do better the second time around. Shot 85 but lost a lot of strokes not knowing where to put the ball. All in all a great day for golf yesterday, not too humid, and good company.

For anyone venturing out there this year, bring your 3 or 5 wood, course is fairly tight and has some short holes. Almost drove the 12th with a 3 iron (I think it plays 240ish from the Golds) and hit irons off many of the par 4s. Almost every tee is elevated which makes for great views of the hole. Can't imagine how nice this course could be in a few years with a little bit of maturing. Would recommend the drive down to play this course.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information