CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sand Wedge White Light is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by dbleber View Post
    I’ve heard that before and it’s still the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard on the topic of slow play. I’ve either paid my green fee or membership so I have the same rights as anyone else. I’m willing to be paired up with anyone so that’s on the club, not me.

My point, which seems to have been missed, is regardless of who has rights, if there’s a gap in front and someone has caught up to you just let them play through. It’s just common sense and makes everyone’s round better.
    Because you don’t agree does not mean you are right.

You can of course ask to play through but the group in front does not have to let you go ahead.

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    Agree that the group ahead doesn't have to let a single go through but if there's no one ahead of the group,why wouldn't you let a single go through.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White Light View Post
    Because you don’t agree does not mean you are right.

You can of course ask to play through but the group in front does not have to let you go ahead.

they don't but if there is no one in front, then the group should let you through. Not doing so is being an @ss.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    While I might agree that no one has the "right" to jump ahead - common golf etiquette since the time I was taught golf by my grandfather (and much before that I suspect) is to let faster players (groups) through if there is a gap ahead of you - regardless of the group size. If you are right on the group ahead, then it is a judgement call (I still tend to let singles or twosomes through only because I hate seeing someone sitting there waiting for me to play). And if I am playing as a two (or single) I will know that I might have to wait so I will play an extra ball, or practice a bunker shot a couple of times or whatever.

I agree we just need to all use common sense and enjoy the game.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    I think that original post was complaining on the lack of action from the marshal. Yet, group was on time so on this case he (the fast player) should have done it himself. That is, ask to play through and not give a hard time to the marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    they don't but if there is no one in front, then the group should let you through. Not doing so is being an @ss.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 314314 View Post
    I think that original post was complaining on the lack of action from the marshal. Yet, group was on time so on this case he (the fast player) should have done it himself. That is, ask to play through and not give a hard time to the marshal.

Giving the marshal a hard time ?. Did you read my post?

She didn't allow us to approach the group ahead even to ask, just because the other group was on time according to "her chart". She stayed with our group and tried to slow us down actually.

There was no group that I could see in front of them and she just didn't want us to rush the guys. They were slow trust me especially when we were walking and they were carting and didn't see them the first 2 holes when we started. We are all 20 handicap golfers too

Gap Wedge Stonebridge is on a distinguished road Stonebridge's Avatar
    Word for word from the...

Rules of Golf
    as approved by
    Golf Canada, R&A Rules Limited, and The United States Golf Association
    Effective January 2019

5.6b Prompt Pace of Play - page 52

A round of golf is meant to be played at a prompt pace.

Each player should recognize that his or her pace of play is likely to affect how long it will take other players to play their rounds, including both those in the player’s own group and those in following groups.

Players are encouraged to allow faster groups to play through.

tl;dr - if there's a hole open in front of your group and the group behind is waiting on every shot, please invite them to play through. It does not matter how many players are in each group.
    Web: www.stonebridgegc.com Twitter: @StonebridgeClub Facebook: www.facebook.com/StonebridgeClub

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    I occasionally play as a single and have yet to have a group not let me through if they see me alone. if it is a group of less than 4 I would gladly join them if they invite me to. If not, then I will play a couple extra shots here and there. The golf season is too short to be *ing about time and speed of play. Enjoy being able to get out and play.

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by White Light View Post
    As a single player you do not have any rights to jump ahead on any course.
    Of course you do. That used to be a rule and was written out years ago I believe. It's not complicated...if a group behind you (which includes a single) is paying faster than you AND there is an open hole or more ahead of you, offer to let them play through.
    Last edited by goochy; 07-16-2021 at 01:00 AM. Reason: typo

Champion goochy is on a distinguished road goochy's Avatar
    On another note, with COVID restriction easing this weekend are we expecting to see any changes on the courses?

Need a Caddy slash is on a distinguished road
    The only lady marshal I know of is at nation golf club. It's also her first year doing so. I would put the blame on the course management. As someone else said if you can't put the name of the course what's the point of this thread.
    At my own club (Rockland) we have some good marshal and some who are useless.
    Last edited by slash; 07-16-2021 at 12:55 PM.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Thumbs up Changes at the course

Quote Originally Posted by goochy View Post
    On another note, with COVID restriction easing this weekend are we expecting to see any changes on the courses?
    EMAIL REC'D FROM GREENSMERE - Thu 2021-07-15 6:29 PM

Hello Mike,

Following the announcement from the province that Ontario will be moving to Step 3 on July 16th, we are pleased to announce some changes to our golf operations. Please take the opportunity to read through this if you plan on visiting our golf facility this year.

Pro Shop / Check In
    With pro shop capacity restrictions being removed, our Curbside Ambassador will be moving back into the pro shop. Any customer wishing to check-in "curbside" for payment can call into the pro shop upon arrival.

While we will not be posting a maximum occupancy for the pro shop, customers may be asked to wait outside if we cannot maintain physical distancing indoors.

Power Carts
    Masks will no longer be required for sharing power carts. With this in mind, we will return to normal operation for cart rentals with two carts maximum per group.

Mask Requirements
    Masks are no longer required while in the parking lot or on your way to the first tee as long as you can maintain physical distancing.

Masks are still required when indoors at all times or outdoors in the immediate area of the clubhouse.

On Course Items
    Restrictions on on-course common touchpoints have been removed. With this in mind, you will start to see common items such as bunker rakes, ball washers, and divot bottles returning to the golf course.

Golfers will once again be permitted to remove the flag while putting. The Pincaddies will remain attached to the flagstick for golfers wishing to continue to use the current setup. If you decide to remove the flag, please do so gently to ensure the Pincaddies and our greens stay in great shape.

Patio / Indoor Dining
    At the moment, we will not be making any changes to our current setup for dining. Indoor dining will remain closed for now as we continue to monitor our operations with the hopes to open indoor dining at a later date.

Thread Information