+ Reply to Thread
    7 Iron nezzie is on a distinguished road

Golfing in Quebec

With the excellent news that Ontario is opening for golf this Saturday, however something that is not clear to me though is can Ontarians golf in Quebec or is that still a no? Maybe I am answering my own question that one would assume that Ontarians should not go until June 2nd when the Stay at Home is lifted?

There is so much info out there but lots misleading too. Some of my favorite courses are in Quebec so just curious what the rules are now or as of May 22, or sattus quo til June 2nd.

Thanks!

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    I didn't hear any indication from Ford that the border restrictions are lifted so I will book all my golf outings in Ontario. I will assume the border restrictions are still in place until June 2 just to be on the safe side.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    I didn't hear any indication from Ford that the border restrictions are lifted so I will book all my golf outings in Ontario. I will assume the border restrictions are still in place until June 2 just to be on the safe side.

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I believe the borders are still off limits

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Yup...Jim Watson mentioned "spot checks" are still in place.

Thanks all. Now I will figure how to close this as it answers my question

Must be Single Sakuraba is on a distinguished road Sakuraba's Avatar
    I'm a Quebec resident with a membership at an Ontario course. There are a bunch of us up here. Happy courses are finally open in Ontario but it looks like I'm still paying green fees in addition to my pre-paid memberhsip.
    Andrew

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post
    I'm a Quebec resident with a membership at an Ontario course. There are a bunch of us up here. Happy courses are finally open in Ontario but it looks like I'm still paying green fees in addition to my pre-paid memberhsip.
    I remember you being a member at Greensmere Andrew. I feel for you buddy as it seems you have lost 6 weeks of our precious golf season. I can only wish you a fantastic long golf season into December, like we had a few years ago.

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    at least you were able to play...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuraba View Post

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    I noticed Ottawa police were checking cars coming across on the Champlain bridge yesterday at noon..makes no sense,

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    Yep---it's all unclear. Golf courses--tennis and splash pads are open now. This IS NOT part of phase 1. Phase one will start when the percentages reach 80/20%. By doing this the government has actually lengthened the lock down order to approx. June 12th. 15% capacity in stores--patios open(4 per table) 10 people gathering OUTSIDE and 4 family INSIDE. I pray every is careful this week end and does not get ahead of themselves
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    Yep---it's all unclear. Golf courses--tennis and splash pads are open now. This IS NOT part of phase 1. Phase one will start when the percentages reach 80/20%. By doing this the government has actually lengthened the lock down order to approx. June 12th. 15% capacity in stores--patios open(4 per table) 10 people gathering OUTSIDE and 4 family INSIDE. I pray every is careful this week end and does not get ahead of themselves

This link will have all the information about the 3 steps.
    Step 1 when 60% of Ontario population has 1 dose. They said it may be June 14 but we know it will be earlier as we are at 58.5% now.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    This link will have all the information about the 3 steps.
    Step 1 when 60% of Ontario population has 1 dose. They said it may be June 14 but we know it will be earlier as we are at 58.5% now.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/reopening-ontario

As for the border restriction, it is part of the Stay-at-home order which will be expiring June 2. Until then the border is supposed to be closed (incoming and outgoing of the Ontario province unless it is essential).

Thread Information