Gap Wedge CrowdPleaser is on a distinguished road

Lockdown Update

Sorry boys (and girls)....

https://mobile.twitter.com/robertbenzie/status/1390821587750985731

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowdPleaser View Post

Je me souviens DF !!!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    "But at Tuesday’s caucus meeting, when MPPs pressed Ford’s office on benchmarks for lifting restrictions, they were told the scientists recommend keeping things shut down until new COVID-19 infections fall to 1,000 per day"

We will be in this until Xmas

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    Well , if you can go for a walk on a soccer pitch , then I'm bringing my PW ...as a walking aid ...of course

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    Maybe June 2nd now

8 Iron PushPull is on a distinguished road
    Ottawa numbers today were 112 new cases. I think it was 107 yesterday. Over 400,000 people here have had the vaccine. We’ve almost reached the target set for the province. Not sure facts will matter.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PushPull View Post
    Not sure facts will matter.
    Facts will not matter.

Decision making is based on DoFo obstinance and Magic 8-ball guidance.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Anyone’s course starting to talk about refund or credits for membership fees should this lockdown extend into June, July, August?

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    Facts will not matter.

Decision making is based on DoFo obstinance and Magic 8-ball guidance.
    Facts today: 81 in hospitals 21 in ICU in Ottawa. If you are Nurse, Doc, family , sick people on standby because of Covid, it's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Facts today: 81 in hospitals 21 in ICU in Ottawa. If you are Nurse, Doc, family , sick people on standby because of Covid, it's not good.
    Cannot forget that some of theses numbers are from patients transferred to the region.

Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    Cannot forget that some of theses numbers are from patients transferred to the region.
    still, affects everyone in the health care plus the one waiting for care. Stay home folks golf is just a game.

Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    We have 50 in hospitals 9 in ICU Gatineau not counting those transfered outside the region.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar

Lockdown

I truly believe that Doug Ford and other politicians are doing their very best but can't understand how closing tennis courts and golf courses help in this effort. Should someone have a reasonable explanation I would be fully supportive.

still, affects everyone in the health care plus the one waiting for care. Stay home folks golf is just a game.
    It's not just a game. It's a game, sport, exercise and don't forget mental health component. Every golfer in North America wants to enjoy golf and should have the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    I truly believe that Doug Ford and other politicians are doing their very best but can't understand how closing tennis courts and golf courses help in this effort. Should someone have a reasonable explanation I would be fully supportive.
    golf=game=not necessary=people travel=stop for gas and other items=go in Pro shop= 10 to 15% don't follow rules= more spreading.

As an example. 10 to 15% don't follow rules, just like those who don't follow speed limits etc. The border is closed but those 10 to 15% Cheaters still cross to play golf. Those 10 to 15% Cheaters are the reason why we are still in this so deeply.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gofish2 View Post
    Before I give you what I think is a reasonable explanation, I want to state that I think golf courses should absolutely be open, the risks of Covid spreading on the golf course are negligible, and if courses were to open tomorrow I'd be there with bells on. Having said that, here are my devil's advocate reasons for having golf courses closed:

- Lots of people will have an excuse to not 'stay at home'. Strictly speaking, if EVERYONE just stayed at home, this thing would have been over a month after lockdown started. (Yes, yes... lots of non-essential workers are still working blah blah blah)
    - People will need to be working at the golf course... sometimes indoors. The employees will likely frequently be interacting with each other in a riskier indoor environment than the golfers.
    - People from different households may be carpooling to the golf course
    - People might be hanging out in golf course parking lots after the round, not social distancing, etc.
    - People might be travelling from different regions of the province giving more opportunities for the virus to spread.

Of course, the risks of all of the above could be mitigated if people followed basic rules and weren't lazy and stupid... but people are lazy and stupid.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

golf=game=not necessary=people travel=stop for gas and other items=go in Pro shop= 10 to 15% don't follow rules= more spreading.

As an example. 10 to 15% don't follow rules, just like those who don't follow speed limits etc. The border is closed but those 10 to 15% Cheaters still cross to play golf. Those 10 to 15% Cheaters are the reason why we are still in this so deeply.
    The people going to Gatineau and the surrounding region to golf are the reason why Ontario is still under lockdown and the main reason for the spread? You sure about this?

You’re trying to frame an argument with hyperbole. Cheaters? This cheater, along with others, goes from the parking lot to the first tee. Then from the 18th green back to the parking lot. We’re all vaccinated. Unlike last year. We’re outside, where there have been no documented cases of catching Covid. We’re acting responsible, unlike our government, which pays no attention to the harm done with regard to mental issues etc, while allowing people to sit side by side on long bus rides, working in closed environments. That’s why we have a third wave.
    Not because I’m walking in an open field.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    I'm sure everyone has noticed that the 3rd wave started after restrictions were eased on restaurants, shopping, etc. and golf courses weren't even open yet.
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Brampton is a hot spot with a large Indian population. The new variant came from India. Which is why flights are now cancelled between the two countries.

Quote Originally Posted by jvincent View Post
    I'm sure everyone has noticed that the 3rd wave started after restrictions were eased on restaurants, shopping, etc. and golf courses weren't even open yet.
    Yep of course but the 10 to 15% who don't follow rules were there too, and are within the golfer's community too, not respecting 2 meters and crossing the border although restricted and to Gatineau Park etc etc. Doug Ford made rules because of Cheaters. People who are responsible and aware don't need rules.

Latest daily Covid cases:
    Ottawa 112
    Outaouais 56
    Taking population into account Ottawa has lower Covid rate.
    And I see lots of Quebec plates here. I always assume they’re acting responsibly. As for the cheaters part...

[QUOTE=PushPull;570903]Latest daily Covid cases:
    Ottawa 112
    Outaouais 56
    Taking population into account Ottawa has lower Covid rate.
    And I see lots of Quebec plates here. I always assume they’re acting responsibly. As for the cheaters part...[/QUOTE

Quebec plates are not there to play golf obviously. but as I said previously Cheaters have no borders, or culture or language. Quebec ''Cheaters'' crossed the border to play golf last year too.

As of tomorrow, my son says he will also be a Cheater. (I really don't like the new 4 way stop at the end of my street so , screw it, I won't stop, if I hit someone, well too bad because I may be late for my tee-off. My golf game his a lot more important than this 48yr old lady who's returning from work in the ICU. Screw her. And whatabout that f.... red light always in my way when I'm returning home and hungry, screw that to and to bad for others.)

As of tomorrow, my son says he will also be a Cheater. (I really don't like the new 4 way stop at the end of my street so , screw it, I won't stop, if I hit someone, well too bad because I may be late for my tee-off. My golf game his a lot more important than this 48yr old lady who's returning from work in the ICU. Screw her. And whatabout that f.... red light always in my way when I'm returning home and hungry, screw that to and to bad for others.)
    What’s the point of writing something like this.....

Quote Originally Posted by CrowdPleaser View Post
    What’s the point of writing something like this.....
    You really need an explanation??

Thread Information