100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar

Not looking promising for golf courses re-opening before May 20th

Saw a couple of tweets today that are making me pretty pessimistic about the possibility of golf courses re-opening before May 20th:

https://twitter.com/adam_stanley/sta...412127238?s=15

https://twitter.com/robferguson1/sta...048246278?s=15

To make matters worse, I'm hearing a lot of chatter about the government actually extending the stay at home order until at least after the Victoria Day weekend.
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    Yes its not looking good. It's time to lower expectations and if any re-opening announcements come up sooner than later, then it's a win. This is the sad reality we live in as Ontarians unfortunately.
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

Hall of Fame jvincent is on a distinguished road jvincent's Avatar
    Every single media person, blogger, twitter user is simply speculating on the status of any opening or extension of the lockdown. It will generate clicks and angst, but that's about it.

DoFo and his crew have already chosen to ignore the science so any decision they make will be based on either a Magic 8-ball or some other random input.

No use worrying about it now. Get your vaccination ASAP and wait for them to "decide".
    Not fat anymore. Need to get better at golf now!

Gap Wedge CrowdPleaser is on a distinguished road
    We will golfing the May long weekend. And people will be camping and going to the cottage. Ford knows that whether he says yes or no, come the 20th, people are going away for the long weekend. At this point they are probably just going to hold these lockdowns until that date. They have come too far to flip a decision prior to the 20th. My 2 cents. Could be wrong.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Chances of opening before May 20th are slim to none. If anything this will extend longer, however I don’t see the long weekend as any special significance. So many people have been on long weekends now for months anyway via working from home. Sucks having paid our annual dues and unable to play but at this point no amount of emails will change anything. Case counts are on the decline which is great and as for golf I’m joining the others and travelling to Quebec to play. In hindsight I should have flown to Florida last week and taken 4 weeks of holidays.

Pitching Wedge GMoch is on a distinguished road
    It doesn’t look good for golf in Ontario for a while. Article on CBCwebsite this morning.

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cbc.ca/sports/ontario-outdoor-sports-restrictions-1.6014220__;!!I3rR6wBx!xk5jQ2puWr2enYzy3xZgwAVnQAg Bz2d_7yvor5-Pyp-nLC7AOceoWHe3DUE2lHqV21AgVQ$

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzyboy View Post
    Yes its not looking good. It's time to lower expectations and if any re-opening announcements come up sooner than later, then it's a win. This is the sad reality we live in as Ontarians unfortunately.

Where is the poll on when the courses are open?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Chances of opening before May 20th are slim to none. If anything this will extend longer, however I don’t see the long weekend as any special significance. So many people have been on long weekends now for months anyway via working from home. Sucks having paid our annual dues and unable to play but at this point no amount of emails will change anything. Case counts are on the decline which is great and as for golf I’m joining the others and travelling to Quebec to play. In hindsight I should have flown to Florida last week and taken 4 weeks of holidays.
    Naturally, DF will try to get some reprieves by allowing outdoor activities in 2 weeks but still have the stay at home and the non-essential businesses closed until after the long weekend. That is the scenario I can see with his decision pattern

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    Glad I just got my SkyTrak. It's pretty darn accurate too showing my exact slice

People are even speculating it may not open on the 20th like it was supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by zer0ish View Post
    Glad I just got my SkyTrak. It's pretty darn accurate too showing my exact slice

People are even speculating it may not open on the 20th like it was supposed to.

You need your eye check if you cannot see your slice without the SkyTrak Fun toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    You need your eye check if you cannot see your slice without the SkyTrak Fun toy.
    lol, not what I meant. I meant that it shows me what I see on the actual course. Fun for sure.

Fairway Junkie Michael is on a distinguished road
    I am still holding out hope for 20 May, still a couple of weeks away and numbers are going down. If that continues we could be golfing on 20/21 May!!!

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    Interested in getting a sim if things persist, is your setup indoor or outdoor? Do you have a net? Did you consider the Mevo Flightscope or Plus?
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

Quote Originally Posted by mizzyboy View Post
    Interested in getting a sim if things persist, is your setup indoor or outdoor? Do you have a net? Did you consider the Mevo Flightscope or Plus?
    I use it in the shed into a net. The mevo isn't on my radar because I don't have the space and SkyTrak had better reviews.

Ace Travis is on a distinguished road
    How big is your shed? Height?

Quote Originally Posted by Travis View Post
    How big is your shed? Height?
    About 10 feet high, we modified the shed to accommodate. Need to put it to the ground and build a new one with a dedicated simulator area. Not a fan of swinging with tools and crap all around. They aren't in the way but I really want a clean look.

Sand Wedge White Light is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    Are there any courses on the Quebec side that will not allow golfers from Ontario?

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    It would be bad for business if they did. It would be difficult to prove a golfer is from any province.

3 Iron rad is on a distinguished road
    Wouldn't be surprised if the stay home order is extended to after the May long weekend. Hopefully won't include golf this time though

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1800Duffers View Post
    It would be bad for business if they did. It would be difficult to prove a golfer is from any province.
    They won't do it but all they'd have to do is ask for a driver's license and/or registration
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    They won't do it but all they'd have to do is ask for a driver's license and/or registration

No business owners in their right mind would be doing that unless it is a law that they have to enforce it. The police is not stopping people from coming over, why would you want to alienate your customers regardless where they come from?

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    No business owners in their right mind would be doing that unless it is a law that they have to enforce it. The police is not stopping people from coming over, why would you want to alienate your customers regardless where they come from?
    My first sentence was: They won't.
    1800 Duffers wrote that it'd be hard to prove which wouldn't be if they had to.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

In the Zone 1800Duffers is on a distinguished road 1800Duffers's Avatar
    I would hate to see it come to asking for ID, the ski resorts didn't.

8 Iron PushPull is on a distinguished road
    Golf course seem to have been given a pass. Police were turning back Ontario plates at the Gatineau Costco according to a friend I golfed with today.

Quote Originally Posted by PushPull View Post
    Golf course seem to have been given a pass. Police were turning back Ontario plates at the Gatineau Costco according to a friend I golfed with today.

Why would anyone go through all that trouble and shop at Gatineau Costco ?. Oh yeah I forgot about the booze

Golf Guru justsomeguy is on a distinguished road
    Why would anyone go through all that trouble and shop at Gatineau Costco ?. Oh yeah I forgot about the booze
    Not about the booze - the LCBO and Beer Stores are all open here. All the non-grocery areas on the Ontario-side Costco stores are not accessible.

8 Iron PushPull is on a distinguished road
    I can buy a 24 of Henekein cans for $27.50 plus tax and deposit most weeks on the Quebec side. Or 48 Coors Light for $53 all in. Then there’s the deposit bonus on the Ontario side. Doug Ford’s buck a beer for real.

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    ‘Nothing will dissuade’ Ford from continuing with sports lockdown

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...?ocid=msedgdhp

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonreg View Post
    ‘Nothing will dissuade’ Ford from continuing with sports lockdown

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canad...?ocid=msedgdhp

Oh well, it will take that long for me to get out of my blood clot zone anyway. We will have to wait.

Wannamaker mjf is on a distinguished road mjf's Avatar
    I'm starting to mentally prepare myself for the possibility of no golf until July:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/ontario-pr...121219747.html
    Twitter: @mfarquharson73

Thread Information