Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Johnny69 View Post
    Probably upset that Ontarioans are taking the prime tee times. But not much was said when people from Gatineau were travelling into Ottawa to enjoy indoor dining.
    Cheaters are cheaters whether they are Ontarians or Quebecers and as a result more people get sick.

Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    One of the most frustrating things about this pandemic is that we have been regulated as two different cities instead of the National Capital region.

Closing the border between Ottawa and Gatineau makes about as much sense as closing the border between Burlington and Oakville.
    15 cases in Gatineau yesterday and 137 in Ottawa= Almost 10 times more cases

Pitching Wedge GMoch is on a distinguished road
    Excellent point! If this is the sentiment of the original poster then I would ask all Quebecers to stay in their side of the bridge as well as the number of license plates I see in Ottawa everyday is astonishing considering the border is supposed to be closed to non essential travel! Also, it’s funny how just one year ago when the virus was running rampant in Quebec but not in Ottawa I don’t recall seeing anyone posting anything asking Quebecers to stay away! As was said by someone else so much for being in this battle together! Note that I have not crossed to play golf even though I am gong thru terrible golf withdrawal. I just had to say something after reading this nonsense!

8 Iron PushPull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
    Keep in mind that the MAJORITY of Ontario's cases are in the GTA and that Ottawa and Gatineau have typically had similar case rates. In fact, the Outaouais currently has more active cases per 100k than Ottawa.
    Brampton north of Toronto is a hot spot for Covid. It also has a high Indian population. Flights between India and Canada were cancelled too late. The Indian variant was known to be a fast spreader. If we’re careful, outdoors, golfers pose little risk. Today I went straight from the parking lot to the first tee. No contact. Have had my Covid shot. No way am I going along with the hysteria when government can’t adapt to changing conditions. My trip today was safer than someone taking public transport to work in an enclosed space. Zero risk outside. Zero quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by GMoch View Post
    Excellent point! If this is the sentiment of the original poster then I would ask all Quebecers to stay in their side of the bridge as well as the number of license plates I see in Ottawa everyday is astonishing considering the border is supposed to be closed to non essential travel! Also, it’s funny how just one year ago when the virus was running rampant in Quebec but not in Ottawa I don’t recall seeing anyone posting anything asking Quebecers to stay away! As was said by someone else so much for being in this battle together! Note that I have not crossed to play golf even though I am gong thru terrible golf withdrawal. I just had to say something after reading this nonsense!
    Totally agree, Cheaters on both sides.

8 Iron PushPull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Now do cases per 100,000 people

Quote Originally Posted by PushPull View Post
    Brampton north of Toronto is a hot spot for Covid. It also has a high Indian population. Flights between India and Canada were cancelled too late. The Indian variant was known to be a fast spreader. If we’re careful, outdoors, golfers pose little risk. Today I went straight from the parking lot to the first tee. No contact. Have had my Covid shot. No way am I going along with the hysteria when government can’t adapt to changing conditions. My trip today was safer than someone taking public transport to work in an enclosed space. Zero risk outside. Zero quilt.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Before you judge, where did these people get the virus from? Could it have been people from Ottawa who work in Gatineau? The number is simply where they live. If they traced it back and told where it was transmitted from, maybe numbers are different, maybe they’re not?

I’m not a big fan of this French vs English, Ottawa vs Gatineau fight, but I moved to Gatineau about a year ago. Almost every morning when I would cross the bridge to go to work a Sureté would be out there with the radar gun aimed at cars coming from Ottawa. In the afternoon, a police car would be on the other side aimed at cars going towards Ottawa. I never saw a car once on the side of morning traffic heading over to Ottawa. In my short time over here when I first moved in, that spoke volumes to me.

Before you judge, where did these people get the virus from? Could it have been people from Ottawa who work in Gatineau? The number is simply where they live. If they traced it back and told where it was transmitted from, maybe numbers are different, maybe they’re not?

I’m not a big fan of this French vs English, Ottawa vs Gatineau fight, but I moved to Gatineau about a year ago. Almost every morning when I would cross the bridge to go to work a Sureté would be out there with the radar gun aimed at cars coming from Ottawa. In the afternoon, a police car would be on the other side aimed at cars going towards Ottawa. I never saw a car once on the side of morning traffic heading over to Ottawa. In my short time over here when I first moved in, that spoke volumes to me.
    With all do respect, this was not a judgement but simple facts as of yesterday, and it's not a french vs english, its people who obey the rules to end this Covid versus the ones who don't. Very simple rule the border is closed unless you have a valid reason to cross it and golf is not one of them.

With all do respect, this was not a judgement but simple facts as of yesterday, and it's not a french vs english, its people who obey the rules to end this Covid versus the ones who don't. Very simple rule the border is closed unless you have a valid reason to cross it and golf is not one of them.
    My French vs English remark was in response and support to those that were questioning the “all in this together” comment. But again, you are simply stating numbers. Do you know where the 15 people from Gatineau got the virus and from where the 137 from Ottawa got the virus? Simply stating numbers as fact doesn’t really prove anything. I live in Gatineau work in Ottawa. If I get the virus while at work, should my number be counted in Ottawa or Gatineau, or vice versa? I would be more inclined to know where people got the virus from, than where they reside and got tested.

3 Wood Sab is on a distinguished road Sab's Avatar
    My nephew lives in Gatineau but whenever he needs a test he comes to Ottawa. Does anyone know where his number is counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    My nephew lives in Gatineau but whenever he needs a test he comes to Ottawa. Does anyone know where his number is counted?
    I didn't know he could get tested outside of where he resides. Something like this skews the numbers, if he was positive and they counted his test as Ottawa.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    I didn't know he could get tested outside of where he resides. Something like this skews the numbers, if he was positive and they counted his test as Ottawa.
    Really?? There is an address tagged to a Health Card. I would think it goes to home address.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    If Ontario golfers stopped playing golf in Quebec, the courses would close. Same thing for skiing, it was the Ontario residents keeping those hills open for business. I was happy to support them.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sab View Post
    Where he lives

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    If Ontario golfers stopped playing golf in Quebec, the courses would close. Same thing for skiing, it was the Ontario residents keeping those hills open for business. I was happy to support them.
    Courses in Quebec were closed last year until the end of May and they survived. Same will happen If you guys stay home probably til the end of May as you are suppose to.

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Really?? There is an address tagged to a Health Card. I would think it goes to home address.
    I realize that, but if he lives in Quebec, he'd have a Quebec health card and I thought you had to get tested in the province of issue of your health card. That was the reason for my comment. I didn't know they were accepting outer province people for testing.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar

I feel this thread is about to close. I have crossed the Champlain bridge for over 20 years and never seen the Sureté there. The Sureté is in charge of Highways not local traffic. And I have rarely seen either the Ottawa or Gatineau police except when there were Covid checkpoints. The Champlain bridge is under Federal jurisdiction therefore the RCMP is in charge of it. I personally do not care about people from Ontario crossing over. What I care about is people not living under the same roof riding together to the golf course not wearing a mask. People riding the same cart not wearing a mask and not even riding a cart with a shield. Also being told that wearing a mask up to the first tee is excessive. And lastly people on the putting green removing the flag and not keeping 6 feet away from each other and gathering in the parking lot after finishing their round.
    Enough already. End of rant
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    I feel this thread is about to close. I have crossed the Champlain bridge for over 20 years and never seen the Sureté there. The Sureté is in charge of Highways not local traffic. And I have rarely seen either the Ottawa or Gatineau police except when there were Covid checkpoints. The Champlain bridge is under Federal jurisdiction therefore the RCMP is in charge of it. I personally do not care about people from Ontario crossing over. What I care about is people not living under the same roof riding together to the golf course not wearing a mask. People riding the same cart not wearing a mask and not even riding a cart with a shield. Also being told that wearing a mask up to the first tee is excessive. And lastly people on the putting green removing the flag and not keeping 6 feet away from each other and gathering in the parking lot after finishing their round.
    Enough already. End of rant
    Valid points, Chief. I said Sureté, but meant the police in general, I'm still not sure who has jurisdiction over the bridge at King Edward and the 5.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

Thread Information