CorporateGolfXtra 2023
+ Reply to Thread
    Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Forum Rule Changes

A message from the owner of OttawaGolf.com, Mike Raganold

Thank you everyone for showing your interest in the OttawaGolf Community.

Your voice truly matters related to OttawaGolf matters.

Although this is a golf interest website, I believe there is a valid relationship between the topics effecting golfers and those topics impacting golf and the golf industry.

However, the conduct and behaviour of the OttawaGolf Forum Members must be held to the Community Standard - see Rules and FAQ in above menu.

If you feel the current Community Standard needs to be modified, copy and paste the rule(s) in question, re-write the rule as you see fit to publish, then post it for all to review and comment. And let's make this the best place to be. Not a better place. The best place.

HELP WANTED - If you would like to become a MODERATOR, PM me with your intentions.

Mike Raganold
    OttawaGolf.com
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 05-02-2021 at 10:40 AM.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    Hi Mike,
    I hope you don't do away with the classifieds. Your predecessor did and quickly realized it was a big mistake. Anyway I think there is more room for golf talk in general. For example not a word on the 2021 Valspar championship that took place this weekend.
    Anyway
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Hi Mike,
    I hope you don't do away with the classifieds. Your predecessor did and quickly realized it was a big mistake. Anyway I think there is more room for golf talk in general. For example not a word on the 2021 Valspar championship that took place this weekend.
    Anyway
    Thanks Chief. Not doing away with anything.

Concerns with SPIRITED CHATTER prompted me to REMIND members to maintain a descent tone and to be mindful of the rules before posting their thoughts. When there is doubt! There's NO doubt. Do not post it!

Mike

Postmaster General big mac is on a distinguished road big mac's Avatar
    WOW---thanks Mike for the concern. I hope nothing changes too much. I have been here for 19 years and have seen a drop in postings but I think that has a lot to do with "texting" and the various forms of communication. Again I must commend you on your "relaxed" judgement during the last two weeks. I am sure most of us have appreciated it---it is a little more free but as you have said-- and others as well there was too much "bashing" going on---legitimate points should be made but trash talk need not be tolerated. Hopefully things will change soon---be safe everyone
    Does the 2nd hole-n-one come easier ?

Singles Match Play Champ 2012 Wilster is on a distinguished road Wilster's Avatar
    There has been more interaction in the last few months than in recent years .
    It's definitely welcome and starting to get a bit more like the forum of old
    I'd imagine there are a few more new members and that's great too , its refreshing if nothing else , keep up the good work Mike
    At the end of the day ... It gets dark

Quote Originally Posted by big mac View Post
    WOW---thanks Mike for the concern. I hope nothing changes too much. I have been here for 19 years and have seen a drop in postings but I think that has a lot to do with "texting" and the various forms of communication. Again I must commend you on your "relaxed" judgement during the last two weeks. I am sure most of us have appreciated it---it is a little more free but as you have said-- and others as well there was too much "bashing" going on---legitimate points should be made but trash talk need not be tolerated. Hopefully things will change soon---be safe everyone
    Not changing a thing.

Although, I prefer the LOW MAINTENANCE model but like everyone else in Ontario, I too am itching to play. In the meantime, forum chatter is up and that is good. Registrations are up, that is good.

TIPPING THE SCALES
    If at times, a member feels it's getting too loose, or somebody is swinging wild and hits one out of bounds, I invite the member to PM me to give me a heads - without regret it is kept anonymous.

I believe one can never go wrong doing the right thing.

Thanks for the shoutout.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Wilster View Post
    There has been more interaction in the last few months than in recent years .
    It's definitely welcome and starting to get a bit more like the forum of old
    I'd imagine there are a few more new members and that's great too , its refreshing if nothing else , keep up the good work Mike
    Cheers

Mike

Thread Information