Closed Thread
    1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road

Question Hope that golf may start again soon?

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by john8888 View Post
    It’s the coming days and weeks note that isn’t very encouraging. The original lockdown is set to end around May 20. At this point anything earlier would seem like a huge win. I think personally that this was all about optics and they missed the mark and that now they are unwilling to go back on their decision as they will seem weak and willing to give in. It just makes zero sense. I can’t wait until Lisa McLeod comes knocking at my door during the next election cycle.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    It’s the coming days and weeks note that isn’t very encouraging. The original lockdown is set to end around May 20. At this point anything earlier would seem like a huge win. I think personally that this was all about optics and they missed the mark and that now they are unwilling to go back on their decision as they will seem weak and willing to give in. It just makes zero sense. I can’t wait until Lisa McLeod comes knocking at my door during the next election cycle.
    The original was earlier....May 9th or something. Ford extended by 2 weeks until May 20th.

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    if only the feds were competent and got us those vaccines eh..this would all be a different story.Let one liberal come knocking on my door

Gap Wedge CrowdPleaser is on a distinguished road
    This thing is going until the 20th. He’s not changing is mind because he thinks it makes him feel weak. Now saying that, this won’t be extended. Him and his panel of “experts” know that no matter what he says, come May long weekend, people are going to the cottage, going out of town, getting in their boats, going camping, etc. So he might as well drag this out until this date.

Gap Wedge CrowdPleaser is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    if only the feds were competent and got us those vaccines eh..this would all be a different story.Let one liberal come knocking on my door
    I know this is a golf forum, and I really don’t want politics to get involved. But after all of this debacle from all levels of government, how do you even vote for anyone going forward (left, right, center).

1 Iron john8888 is on a distinguished road
    I am thinking (fingers crossed) we will all be out there by next weekend ... ??

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar

This came from the same woman who advised Ford to give the cops the power to stop people. I wouldn't listen anything coming out of her at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by CrowdPleaser View Post
    This thing is going until the 20th. He’s not changing is mind because he thinks it makes him feel weak. Now saying that, this won’t be extended. Him and his panel of “experts” know that no matter what he says, come May long weekend, people are going to the cottage, going out of town, getting in their boats, going camping, etc. So he might as well drag this out until this date.
    I feel the same way. I don’t see them backing down now. They have become entrenched in this position and won’t give it up.

It’s about expectations. I expected nothing from the Feds. I had much higher hopes for the Provincial leadership group. The lack of logic and then failure to course correct is stunningly stupid.

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    We’re 3rd in the G20 in vaccinations. We don’t produce any in Canada. Please explain how they were incompetent.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

7 Wood rustyspurs is on a distinguished road
    It is about control. Nothing to do with health. Too far down the rabbit hole of control to back off now. You will never see normal again as the government has now learned how to manufacture emergencies to control society. Its called communism but no one wants to admit it.

Lob Wedge fmbcf16 is on a distinguished road
    I am thinking (fingers crossed) we will all be out there by next weekend ... ??
    My patience is gone-mental brekdown coming soon! What about fake Quebec plate, Je T'aime Celine Dion bumper sticker? How about taking a cab across the Champlain bridge to play Champlain? Any advice? My shrink says playing golf is the only cure.

Caddy Gofish2 is on a distinguished road Gofish2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyspurs View Post
    It is about control. Nothing to do with health. Too far down the rabbit hole of control to back off now. You will never see normal again as the government has now learned how to manufacture emergencies to control society. Its called communism but no one wants to admit it.
    The sad thing is that the golf courses are open in all the communist countries ;(

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

See Rules and FAQ in above menu

Also see "Forum rule changes" New Thread posted at 5:17pm May 1

I too hope golf returns really soon.

Mike
    Last edited by MikeRaganold; 05-01-2021 at 10:33 PM.

Thread Information