CorporateGolfXtra 2023
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    One guy I know got away with it yesterday. He biked across the river

If it's a company car leased in Ontario but you live in Quebec then what?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Wow it was a gorgeous day at Kingsway..
    Don't rub it in
    Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Don't rub it in
    ⛳😉

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    This makes me feel better...not!
    Attached Images

3 Wood Jasonreg is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, that about sums it up ......

7 Iron Kyaku is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit View Post
    Well the police must know that Ontario residents will flaunt the restrictions at all costs...and another issue is that there are many ontarians that have moved to the aylmer/gatineau areas and still have their ontario plates but quebec address,so police will notice the ontario tag type in the info and take it from there..so be it
    Yea im one of those people, Its been a nightmare trying to change my address that i just gave up. My plates and license are Ontario, but my residence is Gatineau, i guess im going to have to drive around with a bunch of utility bills around with me.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyaku View Post
    Yea im one of those people, Its been a nightmare trying to change my address that i just gave up. My plates and license are Ontario, but my residence is Gatineau, i guess im going to have to drive around with a bunch of utility bills around with me.
    I’m in the same boat. I have my rental agreement in my car, essential employee work letters and my Order for visitation with my kids....it shouldn’t be like this.

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Revenue Quebec may assess you for undeclared income .... Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Revenue Quebec may assess you for undeclared income .... Yikes.
    My business is in Quebec, so I actually claim my taxes in Province.

My business is in Quebec, so I actually claim my taxes in Province.
    Good , I know one lady who got assessed arbitrarily eight years later and it was a nightmare.

Have you had the car inspected and certified?..You need to visit the main license bureau I believe it is still on Blvd St Joseph where I went..was not a problem at all,took about 1 hour...good luck

Hall of Fame jeffc is on a distinguished road jeffc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    Just so you're aware I played Tecumseh today, cops were monitoring the parking lot for Ontario plates.....They drove in when I arrived and I saw another police car in the parking lot 2 hours later while I was playing the 9th hole .......
    So what do they do if they see an Ontario plate? Give you a ticket? For what?

I have no intentions of going, just wondering.
    I got a fever. And the only prescription is more golf equipment.

Moderator Big Johnny69 is on a distinguished road Big Johnny69's Avatar
    Forever stuck between single digit and trunk slammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    So what do they do if they see an Ontario plate? Give you a ticket? For what?

I have no intentions of going, just wondering.
    I've wondered the same.
    "A life lived in fear of the new and the untried is not a life lived to its fullest." M.Pare 10/09/08

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    Yes it’s a fine. To the cops and the non-golfing public golf is ‘’non-essential’’ so you shouldn’t be crossing between zone/borders to play golf. For example since Gatineau is in a red zone (even dark red) Gatineau residents aren’t allowed to go in yellow zones (not even to play golf) now I know this is pushing it they would have to check for ID’s. But for you guys crossing over on the Quebec side they only need to spot your plates. And for those who will say they live in Quebec but still have Ontario plates on their car, you guys had a 90 days grace period from the time of possession of you new house in Quebec to switch plates…..so that’s another fine if you get busted!

Yes it’s a fine. To the cops and the non-golfing public golf is ‘’non-essential’’ so you shouldn’t be crossing between zone/borders to play golf. For example since Gatineau is in a red zone (even dark red) Gatineau residents aren’t allowed to go in yellow zones (not even to play golf) now I know this is pushing it they would have to check for ID’s. But for you guys crossing over on the Quebec side they only need to spot your plates. And for those who will say they live in Quebec but still have Ontario plates on their car, you guys had a 90 days grace period from the time of possession of you new house in Quebec to switch plates…..so that’s another fine if you get busted!
    Fine for what? What is the charge?

I'm not a cop I would know the fine or charge, they are all new charges the implemented for COVID. All I know is that golf is "non-essential'' so you shouldn't be crossing on the Quebec side to play golf.

Just like if you/we shouldn't be on the road past 8:00 PM (curfew) it's a $1500 fine.

I know it's f***ing ridiculous but there's nothing we can do.

If you want answer call the Gatineau Police station they'll tell you if you're allowed to come play golf on the Quebec side. 819-246-0222

I'm not a cop I would know the fine or charge, they are all new charges the implemented for COVID. All I know is that golf is "non-essential'' so you shouldn't be crossing on the Quebec side to play golf.

Just like if you/we shouldn't be on the road past 8:00 PM (curfew) it's a $1500 fine.

I know it's f***ing ridiculous but there's nothing we can do.

If you want answer call the Gatineau Police station they'll tell you if you're allowed to come play golf on the Quebec side. 819-246-0222
    Yes, there was a law in place for being out past the curfew. Like I said, I have no intentions of crossing, just curious as to what people will be charged with.

OK I've reach out to the Gatineau Police for you guys via Messenger, I've copied their reply below, basically it says: You can't play golf on the Quebec side because it's a non-essential displacement, you could face charges ranging from $1000 up to $6000. Sorry guys...

Effectivement, jouer au golf ne constitue pas un déplacement essentiel, même pour les mordus de ce sport. Ils ne pourront donc pas venir jouer du côté du Québec. S’ils le font, ils s’exposent à des amendes allant de 1000 à 6000$.

Bonne journée

So it appears it is a non-essential trip across the border that is the issue.

Thing is I'm moving from Gatineau to Aylmer in 2 months, the current place is temporary until we get the keys to the new house, since we sold our last home and our new place wasn't ready yet. So I don't really want to go through two address changes in that time. Crap situation to be in, I guess I'm going to have to carry the necessary documents to prove my case.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffc View Post
    So it appears it is a non-essential trip across the border that is the issue.
    Pretty much buddy. It just sucks that Ford wont let people play outside games, like golf and tennis as that would solve things. Keep pushing the Ontario gov. to resolve this asap.

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    OK I've reach out to the Gatineau Police for you guys via Messenger, I've copied their reply below, basically it says: You can't play golf on the Quebec side because it's a non-essential displacement, you could face charges ranging from $1000 up to $6000. Sorry guys...

Effectivement, jouer au golf ne constitue pas un déplacement essentiel, même pour les mordus de ce sport. Ils ne pourront donc pas venir jouer du côté du Québec. S’ils le font, ils s’exposent à des amendes allant de 1000 à 6000$.

Bonne journée

So it is deemed not essential for Ontarians but it is essential for Quebecois ? Got it

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar

Bonne journée
    Is this new??
    I went on the Quebec side every weekend to go skiing from December until the end of March. Nothing much had changed so I wonder why they would fine you now.

Quote Originally Posted by em69 View Post
    Is this new??
    I went on the Quebec side every weekend to go skiing from December until the end of March. Nothing much had changed so I wonder why they would fine you now.
    The border is closed. This is probably as a result of people crossing for ski and not respecting the stay at home order last winter.

I'm a regular em69 is on a distinguished road em69's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    The border is closed. This is probably as a result of people crossing for ski and not respecting the stay at home order last winter.
    The border is not closed. There are no police officers stopping traffic going into Gatineau. If there was an issue during the winter period, then thousands of Ontario residents would have been issued tickets at the ski hills. It was merely a recommendation to avoid travelling between Gatineau and Ottawa.

It wasn't closed this winter but is now monitored with checkpoints : link
    Starting Monday, travel between the two provinces will be restricted with checkpoints to monitor movements, Ford announced. Exceptions will be made for people travelling for work, medical care or the movement of goods.

QUEBEC — The Legault government has responded to Ontario’s decision to close its border Monday by doing the same thing in a bid to curb the spread of COVID-19 between the provinces.

And Premier François Legault has pledged to fully co-operate with the government of Ontario and Premier Doug Ford “to ensure the safety of our citizens.”

Mahatma Gandhi

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Pretty much says it all. Merci Chief.

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    Not going to lie, I had a bunch of friends posting skiing pictures on their Instagram account all winter. They are all Ontario residents and they drove across to Quebec and skied. We can argue the merits of closing down Ontario ski hills but when we are under an essential travel only advisory it’s a pretty poor look to hop over and ski. And to be honest maybe it stings doubly with me because I have continued to go to work while many of these friends work from home which allows them to ski and golf all day everyday. I got into the wrong line of work for sure lol. The pandemic has been crushing for some and bountiful for others.

yup and those Airbnb gatherings on the quebec side were all partyers from outside Quebec mostly Ontario...just look at the numbers of covid and you wonder why Ontario is scrutinized...thats my rant

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Deemed not essential by Humpty Dumpty... By the way, the check points are on rotation as not on every bridge there is a checkpoint. - complete waste of police resources. - It just makes good newspaper articles to give the impression that "leader" is doing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    So it is deemed not essential for Ontarians but it is essential for Quebecois ? Got it

Thread Information