100 Holes of Hope
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Golf Nut justdoit is on a distinguished road justdoit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    This will be a cash grab for the hungry Surete du quebec and gatineau police. They enjoy pulling over Ontario plates during non emergency times.....This will be a field day for them. No way will I take a chance crossing the border.
    Thanks..that opens up a tee time for me

Quote Originally Posted by Chieflongtee View Post
    Koko Koko. Isn’t the city of Ottawa just as hungry regarding parking tickets and the likes? The Police here is not after people from Ontario. Now if you’re going 75k in a 50k zone you can bet they will go after anyone no matter where they’re from.
    I agree.👍

Ace KOKO72 is on a distinguished road KOKO72's Avatar
    Thanks..that opens up a tee time for me
    LOL...Enjoy

8 Iron PushPull is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kak View Post
    Your PM and Health officials seem to disagree with you, something tells me it's also coming soon on the Quebec side.
    Don’t take my word for it. Check it out online. Maybe the experts can explain how Texas completely opened up 6 weeks ago with no mask mandate and ew case dropped like a stone?

Bogie Kak is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by PushPull View Post
    Don’t take my word for it. Check it out online. Maybe the experts can explain how Texas completely opened up 6 weeks ago with no mask mandate and ew case dropped like a stone?
    Almost half of the population were vaccinated in Texas, which is not the case here in Ontario where only 18% were. By the way Texas has 50,000 deaths of Covid with a population of 28 million Canada has 23,000 deaths with 10 million more population. Texas one of the worst state in handling Covid but now they have the Vaccine.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KOKO72 View Post
    This will be a cash grab for the hungry Surete du quebec and gatineau police. They enjoy pulling over Ontario plates during non emergency times.....This will be a field day for them. No way will I take a chance crossing the border.
    I think that this time it will be the Ottawa police that will be in charge of roadblocks from what i herd on the news.

Eagle mizzyboy is on a distinguished road
    So golf on the Gatineau side this weekend is doable since the border restrictions take place Monday right? Asking for a friend
    Go Sens Go or No Sens No? The struggle of a Sens fan.

Golf Pig of the Year 09, 10, 11 Marcos is on a distinguished road Marcos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzyboy View Post
    So golf on the Gatineau side this weekend is doable since the border restrictions take place Monday right? Asking for a friend
    LOL. I am thinking every single spot is booked by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcos View Post
    LOL. I am thinking every single spot is booked by now.
    Les vieux moulins has added more parking spots anticipating the overflow from Ontario this weekend...🥴
    Last edited by justdoit; 04-17-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Amateur rview1 is on a distinguished road
    If any of this made sense it might be acceptable..
    http://globalnews.ca/news/7765156/on...-david-fisman/

Lob Wedge fmbcf16 is on a distinguished road
    NEVER expect logic, reason or common sense from government.

Lob Wedge silverdog is on a distinguished road
    Can't play golf but i can go to the dentist on Tuesday ???????

Shotmaker Johnyc is on a distinguished road
    So you can theoretically go to the golf course. You can walk the golf course. No restriction on the number of people walking the golf course at the same time. But you can’t golf. This has to be the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. Zero evidence base in this decision. Zero science. Pure madness. No way this lasts 6 weeks. Weather the next week isn’t great but as it improves people will begin to push back. 14 months into this pandemic and we are under governance with zero methodology.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnyc View Post
    So you can theoretically go to the golf course. You can walk the golf course. No restriction on the number of people walking the golf course at the same time. But you can’t golf. This has to be the craziest thing I’ve ever heard. Zero evidence base in this decision. Zero science. Pure madness. No way this lasts 6 weeks. Weather the next week isn’t great but as it improves people will begin to push back. 14 months into this pandemic and we are under governance with zero methodology.

PERTH GOLF... This includes walking the property. It is not open to members or the public for any reason. Fri 2021-04-16 7:31 PM email

It is reasonable to expect golfers clearly understand and all joking aside, the same would apply to all courses.

FULL EMAIL received: Apr 16/21 7:31PM
    The Perth Golf Course is Closed as of Midnight Tonight.

Premier Ford and the Ontario Government announced today further restrictions to multiple industries across the province as we deal with the COVID-19 pandemic. Included in these restrictions is that golf courses and driving ranges must close as of 12:01 am on Saturday, April 17th. This is in conjunction with the stay-at-home order that has been extended by a further 2 weeks to May 20.

During this lockdown, we ask that you consider the golf course closed to all business and activities on this property. This includes walking the property. It is not open to members or the public for any reason.

I will be available (by email only) for any questions that may arise. It is unfortunate that we did not have more time to get organized for this unexpected closure. We will keep our website updated with any new information that becomes available. We thank you for your patience and look forward to seeing everyone towards the end of May!

~ Stacie Beveridge, GM Perth Golf Course

Stay safe and stay in touch, Mike Raganold for Ottawa Golf Inc.

Administrator MikeRaganold is on a distinguished road MikeRaganold's Avatar

Cancel your reservation... During stay at home order

EMAIL: Sat 2021-04-17 1:42 PM rec'd

Important notice to residents of the province of Ontario

Further to yesterday's announcement by Premier Ford and the Ontario Government in regards to an extension of Ontario’s state of emergency and province wide stay-at-home order until at least May 20, effective at 12:01 a.m. on Monday, the Quebec border will be closed to travellers coming from Ontario.

For all Ontario residents who have reservations at Club de Golf Tecumseh or Golf Mont Cascades on Monday April 19th or later, we require that you cancel your reservation(s) with us as for the duration of the stay-at-home order, you will unfortunately not be able to play at our Quebec based golf courses.

Given the higher than usual call volumes, we kindly ask that you cancel your reservation(s) electronically if possible:

Online:
    - Club de Golf Tecumseh : https://www.chronogolf.ca/club/golf-tecumseh
    - Golf Mont Cascades : https://www.chronogolf.ca/club/mont-cascades
    - Via the Groupe Fortin App

Only if absolutely required, by telephone:
    - Club de Golf Tecumseh: 819-663-4460
    - Golf Mont Cascades: 819-459-2980

For residents of Quebec, all golf courses in the province of Ontario, such as Manderley on the Green, have been forced to close operations effective at 12:01am this morning. Unfortunately no reservations will be available at Manderley on the Green until at least May 20. If you had a reservation(s) at Manderley for today and onward, your reservation(s) would have now been cancelled.

We thank you kindly for your cooperation during these trying times and we are hopeful and confident that we will be able to accommodate you again soon.

Until then, stay safe!!

========================

Avis Important aux résidents de la province de l'Ontario

À la suite de l'annonce faite hier par le premier ministre Ford et le gouvernement de l'Ontario concernant la prolongation de l'état d'urgence et de l'ordre de rester à la maison dans toute la province jusqu'au 20 mai, à compter de lundi à 0 h 01, la frontière du Québec sera fermée aux voyageurs en provenance de l'Ontario.

Pour tous les résidents de l'Ontario qui ont fait des réservations au Club de Golf Tecumseh ou au Golf Mont Cascades le lundi 19 avril ou plus tard, nous vous demandons d'annuler vos réservations car, pendant la durée de l'ordre de rester chez soi, vous ne pourrez malheureusement pas jouer sur nos terrains de golf au Québec.

Étant donné le nombre d'appels plus élevé que d'habitude, nous vous demandons d'annuler vos réservations par voie électronique si possible :

En ligne :
    - Club de Golf Tecumseh : https://www.chronogolf.ca/club/golf-tecumseh
    - Golf Mont Cascades : https://www.chronogolf.ca/club/mont-cascades
    - Via l'application Groupe Fortin

Uniquement en cas de nécessité absolue, par téléphone :
    - Club de Golf Tecumseh : 819-663-4460
    - Golf Mont Cascades : 819-459-2980

Pour les résidents du Québec, tous les terrains de golf de la province de l'Ontario, comme le Manderley on the Green, ont été forcés de fermer leurs opérations à partir de 12h01 ce matin. Malheureusement, aucune réservation ne sera disponible au Manderley on the Green jusqu'au 20 mai au moins. Si vous aviez une ou plusieurs réservations à Manderley, elles sont maintenant annulées.

Nous vous remercions de votre coopération pendant cette période difficile et nous espérons que nous pourrons vous accueillir à nouveau prochainement. D'ici là, restez en sécurité !

Lob Wedge Kingate is on a distinguished road
    Ford reversed the park restriction. Let’s hope golf is next!!

Scratch Player Gobble_It is on a distinguished road Gobble_It's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingate View Post
    Ford reversed the park restriction. Let’s hope golf is next!!

He won't go that far as it looks bad on him/team if he allows golf to open and not other outdoor sports.

6 Iron zer0ish is on a distinguished road zer0ish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gobble_It View Post
    He won't go that far as it looks bad on him/team if he allows golf to open and not other outdoor sports.
    The problem with other sports is they dont social distance they all team sports that involve being close. Golf is all about social distance.

3 Wood fourlights is on a distinguished road fourlights's Avatar
    Far be it from me to even attempt to defend Ford's decision, but the members of this forum are not the target of the golf ban. I would think that the vast majority of golfers on this forum would respect social distance rules and follow all public health regulations. I think they're worried about the casual golfer who wants to drink and have fun with his buddies without paying any heed to social distancing. I played lots last year and saw many instances of players not staying six feet apart. Lots. Anyways, hopefully we can get back to playing before 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by fourlights View Post
    Far be it from me to even attempt to defend Ford's decision, but the members of this forum are not the target of the golf ban. I would think that the vast majority of golfers on this forum would respect social distance rules and follow all public health regulations. I think they're worried about the casual golfer who wants to drink and have fun with his buddies without paying any heed to social distancing. I played lots last year and saw many instances of players not staying six feet apart. Lots. Anyways, hopefully we can get back to playing before 2022.
    Certainly some valid concerns. I for one am willing to play under heightened restrictions; 15 minute tee times, no problem. No shared carts, no problem. Households only, no problem. Vaccines only or negative test, no problem. Anything is better then nothing at all. But it’s the lack of science, evidence or fact that pisses me off. Did we need to lock things down, you bet. Did we need to lock everything down, no not a chance. Not when you are still filming movies and / or having flights coming into and / or move about the province. It just doesn’t make sense. No reason you can’t play tennis or golf right now. None.

Sand Wedge White Light is on a distinguished road
    Not coming on the Quebec side. Eat your heart out. You guys have 4,500 new cases a day for 30 % more population. We have only 1,500. Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by White Light View Post
    Not coming on the Quebec side. Eat your heart out. You guys have 4,500 new cases a day for 30 % more population. We have only 1,500. Big difference.
    Ontario has roughly 14M people. Quebec is approximately 8M. That’s roughly 75% more people. As for what’s happening locally, as a percentage of population, Outaouais region has had higher case counts than Ottawa. We get that the GTA is the epicentre and we get that changes need to be made but your information above is simply not accurate. In any event there’s a good chance this policy gets rewritten. Government has flipped flopped so many times so far, what’s one more. No way do I see golf being restricted for 6 weeks.

Many doctors have voiced their opinion publicly that socially distanced outdoor activities do not contribute to COVID numbers. I agree that this decision will be reversed sooner than later to allow golf and other outdoor activities to resume. I do hope some common sense prevails in this particular instance.

Arrow shooter Chieflongtee is on a distinguished road Chieflongtee's Avatar
    No use debating over stuff like that. Economically( Health should be the main concern should I add) the Outaouais golf courses and other types of businesses will suffer tremendously from the bridges being closed to Ontario folks. And Costco will sell a lot less beer Very unfortunate but it is what it is for now....
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Monday Qualifier 314314 is on a distinguished road
    Another nonsense from Doug Ford... most of the members at my club are older people (most likely all vaccinated) so they need the exercise and Golf is very safe.... I guess they will have plenty of time to email/write to him to complain!

Cool

Wow it was a gorgeous day at Kingsway..

5 Wood rossigm is on a distinguished road rossigm's Avatar
    Just so you're aware I played Tecumseh today, cops were monitoring the parking lot for Ontario plates.....They drove in when I arrived and I saw another police car in the parking lot 2 hours later while I was playing the 9th hole .......

Just so you're aware I played Tecumseh today, cops were monitoring the parking lot for Ontario plates.....They drove in when I arrived and I saw another police car in the parking lot 2 hours later while I was playing the 9th hole .......
    Imagine that.....trolling parking lots. Absolutely not surprised. Those who thought that they got passed the roadblocks at the borders were in for a big surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by rossigm View Post
    Yep, same in Buckingham.

Well the police must know that Ontario residents will flaunt the restrictions at all costs...and another issue is that there are many ontarians that have moved to the aylmer/gatineau areas and still have their ontario plates but quebec address,so police will notice the ontario tag type in the info and take it from there..so be it

Thread Information